Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

New NFL Network Series/Episode: Peyton Manning's Summer School

I don't know if anyone has seen it, but there's a new show/series coming out, with a feature on Peyton Manning's 2013 summer. The trailer for the series showed footage of Peyton, Eli, DT, Decker, Wes Welker all at Duke, the Peyton talking to kids at the Manning QB Academy, and various bits of him working out, talking in the meeting room, and various highlights from the season. It looked pretty cool. For a season that didn't end in a Super Bowl win, 2013 was a pretty special season regardless. I think it will be neat to see what happened behind the scenes. Here's a link to the trailer.

NFL Timeline: Peyton's Summer School
    2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by ChupaThingy View Post
    I don't know if anyone has seen it, but there's a new show/series coming out, with a feature on Peyton Manning's 2013 summer. The trailer for the series showed footage of Peyton, Eli, DT, Decker, Wes Welker all at Duke, the Peyton talking to kids at the Manning QB Academy, and various bits of him working out, talking in the meeting room, and various highlights from the season. It looked pretty cool. For a season that didn't end in a Super Bowl win, 2013 was a pretty special season regardless. I think it will be neat to see what happened behind the scenes. Here's a link to the trailer.

Looks like it'll be a good watch

As you mentioned, it's part of the series "The Timeline" which airs on 9/14.

There's going to be a few things airing on NFLN about our team:

9/7 @ 8:00 "Worth The Wait" about what was going on inside our team and the decisions made by Elway, Kubes and Wade.

9/7 @ 9:00 "America's Game" The 2015 Denver Broncos.

And now this series, with a look into Peyton's comeback after his surgeries and his record breaking 2013 season.

Awesome!!!!

2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Thanks, Appreciate the info and the vids
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

Never thought we'd get to see footage of this

Nice little article on Wade

He stopped in to the reservation and talked to the kids on the football team. My children attend PNG and it's good that Wade stays true to his roots.

http://www.pngindians.com/football/c...e-reservation/

Quote Originally Posted by RainyTX View Post
    He stopped in to the reservation and talked to the kids on the football team. My children attend PNG and it's good that Wade stays true to his roots.

http://www.pngindians.com/football/c...e-reservation/
    Thanks for sharing. Great of Wade to stop by to visit. When reading up on Wade, he's much more than just a great DC. He really knows how to connect with players and people.

Any injury update?

Did we have any major injuries from last nights win over the Rams? The game wasn't telecast where I live.
    Thanks

As far as I know only Latimer was injured. He will have an MRI on his knee however Kubiak does not believe it is serious.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/28...1-knee-injury/

How come Wolfe wasn't playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dotst View Post
    How come Wolfe wasn't playing?
    He was on family leave for the week so he did not play.

CJ got part of his ear ripped off and they stitched it back up

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    CJ got part of his ear ripped off and they stitched it back up
    Sort of....

Anderson left the game in the first quarter with a cut on his ear, which he got stitched up in the locker room before returning to help drive the Broncos to a touchdown...

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...2-8c70dd0f7511

Having some post-Elway Flashbacks

I remember after Elway retired most of us felt like we were not going to miss a beat. Elway was definitely at the tail end of his career, and his performance wasn't spectacular (Super Bowl MVP notwithstanding). We won when Brister started in his place during John's final season. With T.D. winning the MVP, our offensive line in place, Mike Shanahan as the coach, the expectation was that we would be as good as we were the previous two seasons.

Then reality hit.

I'm worried reality is going to hit again. Going into this season I just felt like we had horrible QB play last year it couldn't get worse, our defense is world class, coaching staff is great, and Elway is in charge, we (again) won't miss a beat. Makes sense, right?

But I look around the NFL and everyone expects us to fall off, and I'm worried they have a point. I think our QBs are awful. Like bottom 5 situation in the NFL. Which (again), is probably where we were at last year. But can we really win like that two years in a row? I feel like we are one or two key injuries on defense away from being a very average team and watching Siemian throw sure doesn't make those fears disappear. The guy is just very blah and we aren't going to be some rushing juggernaut all of a sudden where we can score with a bunch despite having a sub-par QB.

Am I alone here?