Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Directv Negotiation

So can people post what they are doing on the negotiation of DirecTV albeit not paying their ridiculous prices? I saw the Amazon Firestick and going to try that tonight on the Bear/Bronco preseason.

How do you intend on watching the game with a firestick? I have one is the reason I'm asking

It's amazing that down in the US, they have Sunday Ticket on only one provider. Up in Canada every cable and satellite provider carries it and it's cheaper than the US. I think last year I paid $160 for the season (all games in HD) but that doesn't include Red Zone (that's another $50, or you can buy it standalone).

Just negotiated my deal yesterday. I am not currently under contract.

I got 50 dollars a month discount on my bill. (total discount of $600 over next 12 months). I give back $300 of that to pay full price for the sunday ticket.

I am required to sign a 1 year agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    Just negotiated my deal yesterday. I am not currently under contract.

I got 50 dollars a month discount on my bill. (total discount of $600 over next 12 months). I give back $300 of that to pay full price for the sunday ticket.

I am required to sign a 1 year agreement.
    That's a pretty good deal! You went from regular price to essentially saving $25 a month for the next year. And with a 1 year contract you can do the same thing next year. I should get you to negotiate for me the next time I need to negotiate something!

Quote Originally Posted by scottaud View Post
    So can people post what they are doing on the negotiation of DirecTV albeit not paying their ridiculous prices? I saw the Amazon Firestick and going to try that tonight on the Bear/Bronco preseason.
    Yes, I would like to know as well.

Are they going to allow people to purchase Sunday Ticket as a standalone product, like they did last season? Because I'm going to be mighty angry if they don't, I no longer live in Colorado and I don't want to miss muh Broncos Games

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    It's amazing that down in the US, they have Sunday Ticket on only one provider. Up in Canada every cable and satellite provider carries it and it's cheaper than the US. I think last year I paid $160 for the season (all games in HD) but that doesn't include Red Zone (that's another $50, or you can buy it standalone).
    That's because Canada is a just and civilized country (except when it comes to cellphone plans...they're strangely third world on those...at least when I lived there).

I agree. Let's reveal how to take advantage of DirecTV for SundayTicket and RedZone!

Always ask for retention if you're out of contract. They will usually deal if you have had them a while. I Haven't paid for it in years.

What kind of offers does Dish Network have for red zone channel? Thinking about switching. if

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    That's because Canada is a just and civilized country (except when it comes to cellphone plans...they're strangely third world on those...at least when I lived there).
    Yeah we pay a lot of money for cell phones...and internet!

With some youtube looks (my son did most of it), you can program the firestick. I got the preseason games that I could not watch before.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Always ask for retention if you're out of contract. They will usually deal if you have had them a while. I Haven't paid for it in years.
    I have'nt tried yet this year but I did this exact thing last year when I was out of contract. I got other discounts but still was required to pay full price on sunday ticket.

So as I talked to them after I was off the NFL ticket, they admit that they give away the ticket to new customers but since I got it for free the last two years (with their ways of negotiating the discount) I cannot. They want me to only have 20% off. Can I cancel now and have my wife sign up? Does that work?