• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChupaThingy
    Special Teams
    • Oct 2004

Bosa Rejects Chargers' Best Offer

Man, I'm no Chargers fan, but they are getting hosed by the whole Joey Bosa ordeal. I kind of enjoy it when there's a bit of a challenge within the division. Except for the Chiefs, the other two teams have been pretty bad over the last few years.

Chargers Pull Offer To Unsigned Draft Pick Joey Bosa

"The Chargers said in a statement they presented Bosa with an offer on Tuesday night that included:

an initial signing bonus payment that is larger than any rookie has received in the last two NFL drafts,

more money in 2016 than every rookie in this year's class except the Philadelphia Eagles' Carson Wentz,

and the "largest payment and the highest percentage of signing bonus received in the first calendar" of any Chargers first-round pick since the adoption of the NFL's collective bargaining agreement in 2011."

3rd overall pick wasted on some entitled brat. Here's to hoping he slides all the way to 7th round next year, the Chargers draft him again, he gets less money offered and zero guarantees.
    2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!
  • Rastic
    Modulated
    • Oct 2013

What a mess...

Comment

• Remedy
      Former Mod about town
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
      What a mess...
      No kidding that is ridiculous.

Comment

• EddieMac
        Canuck Mod, eh!
        • Feb 2004

Bosa doesn't want to play football, he wants money. Sad really.
        sigpic

Comment

• Rancid
          Hall of Famer
          • Nov 2009

I don't think he wants to play in Powder Blue. I can't blame him.
          sigpic

Comment

• ABQBronco25
            Special Teams
            • Oct 2013

I'm really wondering how much of this has to do with Bosa's agent/reps. Maybe they are giving him the wrong ideas or bad guidance. Then again, it is ultimately up to Bosa to decide if he really wants to lose out on all that money and risk a worse offer if he enters the 2017 draft.

Comment

• Boltzfan88
              Bench Warmer
              • May 2010

The Chargers and Bosa are basically quarreling over $2.5M out of his $17M signing bonus.

Is there some millionaire in SD who can let Bosa borrow $2.5M and then get the money back from the Chargers in 2017 when the Chargers want to give him that $2.5M?

Comment

• BroncoFanDK
                All-Pro
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                Bosa doesn't want to play football, he wants money. Sad really.
                Exactly - it is sad with these types of players, but then I am partial to players like Elway, Tebow, John Lynch, Dawkins, Eddie MAC, Chris Harris Jr (would say Tom Brady and Ben Rothlisberger if they were Broncos)..... that are just so driven

Comment

• baphamet
                  Family Trust Beer
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                  Exactly - it is sad with these types of players, but then I am partial to players like Elway, Tebow, John Lynch, Dawkins, Eddie MAC, Chris Harris Jr (would say Tom Brady and Ben Rothlisberger if they were Broncos)..... that are just so driven
                  i'm not trying to talk smack here but you do realize elway pulled what bosa may end up pulling, right?

Comment

• baphamet
                    Family Trust Beer
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Boltzfan88 View Post
                    The Chargers and Bosa are basically quarreling over $2.5M out of his $17M signing bonus.

Is there some millionaire in SD who can let Bosa borrow $2.5M and then get the money back from the Chargers in 2017 when the Chargers want to give him that $2.5M?
                    LOL that would be fantastic!

Comment

• baphamet
                      Family Trust Beer
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                      I don't think he wants to play in Powder Blue. I can't blame him.
                      then how come he didnt demand a trade the moment he was drafted? that just doesn't make sense at all.

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
                        Football Immortal
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                        i'm not trying to talk smack here but you do realize elway pulled what bosa may end up pulling, right?
                        Bosa can play baseball?
                        sigpic

Comment

• FL BRONCO
                          Traveling Mod
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                          This is true. While the issues may have been different, both had other options and stood up to their respective draft teams over their respective issues and did what they felt was in their best long term interest. And at this point, even if it wasn't a situation where he didn't want to play there, he certainly may not now. Especially after the last 48 hrs with the offer pulling puplicly and the ridiculing by Spanos.

Personally, I am with Bosa on this one. He wants either all his money or he wants the offset language taken out. One of the two, he is not insisting on both. Think that is pretty typical with top draft picks. If it was just about money upfront, he would not have agreed to take it in payments if offset language was taken out. I also believe this is pretty typical to have one or the other not both for guys who are top 3 picks. I also think the way the Chargers have handled it, from being so hard lined on having both to putting it in the public like they have is not conducive to talks, signings or player relations. If he didn't want a trade or reenter next year already, I bet he does now.

The one thing Bosa has on his side much like Elway did then, is a father who knows a lot about the business and is interested in his son's future and whats best for it.

I have never been a fan of the way the Chargers have dealt with their players, especially some of their stars. I'm not on this one either. It doesn't look good on either party.
                          Last edited by FL BRONCO; 08-26-2016, 03:59 PM.
                          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Working...
                          X