John Fox Bitter?

Before the Bronco-Bear game, a Chicago media member was interviewed by 104.3 The Fan. He made repeated references to Fox's bad attitude toward the media and how none of them seemed to have a working relationship with him. Today I read this piece and its filled with more of his attitude and the medias disdain in return. (or at least thats how i read it) Is this sour grapes due to the fallout of his and the Broncos "agreeing to part ways?" Or getting to watch the Broncos win it all with a new staff who utilized talent better? Any lurking Chicagoans with insight?

Link to article: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...24-column.html

Don't have a link to the interview on The Fan, as i can't even recall what show it was on...I think Big Al & Dmac.

Quote Originally Posted by Cladyfan View Post
    Before the Bronco-Bear game, a Chicago media member was interviewed by 104.3 The Fan. He made repeated references to Fox's bad attitude toward the media and how none of them seemed to have a working relationship with him. Today I read this piece and its filled with more of his attitude and the medias disdain in return. (or at least thats how i read it) Is this sour grapes due to the fallout of his and the Broncos "agreeing to part ways?" Or getting to watch the Broncos win it all with a new staff who utilized talent better? Any lurking Chicagoans with insight?

Don't have a link to the interview on The Fan, as i can't even recall what show it was on...I think Big Al & Dmac.
    Well the article talks about Fox wanting a team that is mentally and physically tough. He certainly didn't do that here and it looks like it's not happening in CHI.

I've been wondering what he and JDR felt when they watched our team last year, especially on defense. I mean, JDR basically had the same personnel and look at the difference coaching made.

I'm hoping they both felt like fools. They squandered talent far more than Sanchez squandered chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Cladyfan View Post

He was reportedly looking to get out before the Broncos played Indy in the playoffs. If you're looking for your next job before your current one ends, then you have no standing to be bitter.

Pretty sure Fox has hated the media every where he has coached.

I remember an article (maybe from Mike Klis?) reporting that Fox wanted to really restrict the media access to the Broncos, but Joe Ellis did not allow it. Then Fox went to Chicago and limited training camp coverage. He does not want the media to shoot videos or photos of drills, does not want players available to the media after practice, etc. He's also really secretive about injuries. The Denver media seems to be really nice compared to the tough markets like Chicago. It won't take long before his seat is burning hot there. Without Peyton Manning playing at an MVP level, Fox has not been able to produce consecutive winning seasons in his career.

Kubiak did a good job retaining the right coaches and upgrading the staff where necessary. I remember hearing/reading some complaints about OL coach Dave Magazu. The DL coach was a young guy without much experience (Jay Rodgers). Kubiak brought Bill Kollar, a huge upgrade. Karl Mecklenburg visited this year's training camp recently and said the previous staff was not teaching a lot of technique to the defensive line and now that's not an issue anymore. Kubiak also replaced Jeff Rodgers on special teams with Joe DeCamillis, who upgraded the punt and kickoff coverage.

The DBs seem to love Joe Woods as their coach. The OLBs have a specialized coach just for them, besides the LB coach. Wade Phillips... Enough said. Kubiak brought a top coaching staff, especially on defense, and we saw the results last season.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

I've been wondering what he and JDR felt when they watched our team last year, especially on defense. I mean, JDR basically had the same personnel and look at the difference coaching made.
    Pure denial on his part. He's been quoted saying all of the defensive players made a huge leap in their personal development the next year.

Yeah...that must be it. They all just leveled up at once over the same summer.

Couldn't possibly have been his Ukrainian read-and-react schemes, lack of effective game planning, or predictable play-calling that was holding them back.

Anyone remember how the Seahawks beat us in the final two minutes by calling 6 or 7 quarterback draw plays in a row?

The article gives no indication of any bitterness by John Fox. The bitterness seems to be coming from the writer who appears to be arrogant enough to think he speaks for the fans.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    The article gives no indication of any bitterness by John Fox. The bitterness seems to be coming from the writer who appears to be arrogant enough to think he speaks for the fans.
    My reading of Fox' bitterness would be coming from his refusal to chat with the media. Other posters in this thread have indicated he has always been this way, which could well be. My only experience regarding fox is basically hearing him on air from 104.3. When dealing with that stations talent he was always pleasant, sometimes even chatty. So for him to refuse to talk to media instead of being personable just struck me as bitter.

As to the writer appearing to speak for the fans, well, isnt that true? Most every reporter or media talent has a twitter account, and many fans write in to them asking about things they've seen, heard, etc. In point of fact, to use 104.3 as an example again, Dmac (who's terrible) used to take fan questions and ask them of the team, for us, directly.
    Last edited by Cladyfan; 08-30-2016 at 03:20 PM.