Need help with attachments

I just joined and would like to post a new thread with a PDF attachment. But down below in the permissions area it says "you may not post attachments." Why? Or better yet, can I even?

I cannot find up to date information about this so forgive any ambiguity about this. We'll try to follow up to be clear.

First off, historically, we have never allowed attachments of word documents, pdfs, exe, php files, powerpoint slide shows. Posting attachments (files uploaded to this size rather than hosted and link from another site) is limited by user status. Users that have not reached a certain level, All Pro at the very least, do not have access to this feature. This would apply to new users.

For certain reasons, my suspicion is that file uploads may have been disabled for users as it can really cause the site to bloat quickly by hosting files. The one exception I am aware of is photo albums (found on your profile page) but that is limited to images only. Nevertheless, disabled or not, as a new user this feature would be be unavailable to you.

Having said that, you can always post links to content within your post your PDF file - and for the PDF file this is the only way you can make it available here. You'll need to upload it to some site that will host it for you and then insert the link for the PDF in to a post.

That was not ambiguous at all, so thanks for the reply. I was wondering because I just wrote a football-themed crossword puzzle and thought any crossword fans here would be interested in it. It is a .pdf. So if you can think of any way to share it I would appreciate it. (It's the very first crossword I wrote, and it's pertty good if I do say so myself.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I cannot find up to date information about this so forgive any ambiguity about this. We'll try to follow up to be clear.
    As a follow up, attachments are not permitted.