Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Why Are So Many Bronco Fans Willing To Write Off This Season..??

Going along with the notion any NFL team can go into a season with 2 QBs that have a total one snap game experience can not been seen as anything but saying the season is over before it begins. Baffling why so many have no problem with this. Good teams rarely have more than a 2 to 3 year run before the talent level lowers or leaves for other teams. Doesn't seem like the right time to make this an audition year for 2 virtual rookies..

I'm not writing this season over at all. I think with the receivers we have and the young arms whipping the ball into them, that's gonna work out just fine!! Our offense is gonna be a whole lot better then some people think.

They have no choice but to start a rookie and semi rookie. Sanchez still fumbles, and blowing billions on a potential bust quarterback can make you suck for years. We all wanted defense, and they spent the money for it. Can't have it all.

I don't think anyone is necessarily "writing off" the season, but repeating is something that already has proven extremely difficult to pull off, in addition to a line that needs to gel in front of a 2nd year 7th round draft pick.

Folks, things are going to get ugly. There's not going to be another 4 late game fumbles to insure we go: 6-0 to start the season.

The defense could be better, and I'm willing to bet it will be, but one of the NFLs greatest ironies is that the 86 bears actually had a better defense than 85.

Tl;dr: not writing of the season but do not expect a repeat.

Hooray, beer!

Def not writing off, but have lower expectations than a SB repeat.

Part of me thinks some fans will always be brutal to the qb spot because the media is.

Think most....if not all...Bronco fans realize we can still do this...think they are just laying out their perceived challenges

1. I haven't seen many on here writing it off. I certainly am not

2. Your title seems to contradict the body of your post. And no one seems to have caught it yet. You ask why so many write it off. But then your whole body suggests it's not good to have multiple qb's and that you seem to be writing it off for that reason.

Which is it? You are writing it off? Or poorly quoting what you are hearing other days and don't agree with it?

I still think this D can win with anyone at qb. I don't advise 17 picks again like Manning but I think the offense can still gel better than we have seen so far in the preseason.

While agree with the premise that it will be difficult to repeat with the current QB situation. And that squandering the defense because of this position they are in is frustrating. It is what it is. These are who we have to root for at QB.

The key to this season is not the QB. It is the o-line and the rushing game. As they go will go the Broncos. If they can be consistently effective in running the ball it will take the pressure off the QBs. And hopefully less turnovers due to that pressure.

It will make it easier to play call and get the ball to the playmakers in the pass game. DT and Sanders are very capable in getting big plays if they can get the ball in space. Also include Green as a significant first down producer if the run game is working.

IMO fairly simple. If the run game can be top 10 and consistent the Broncos have a chance and belong in the conversation as a contender again. If the run game struggles similar to last year the QBs inexperience will be exposed and they could be very well struggling to win the Division.

The QB situation is far from ideal, but I do not think it necessarily equates to "writing off the season".

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    While agree with the premise that it will be difficult to repeat with the current QB situation. And that squandering the defense because of this position they are in is frustrating. It is what it is. These are who we have to root for at QB.

The key to this season is not the QB. It is the o-line and the rushing game. As they go will go the Broncos. If they can be consistently effective in running the ball it will take the pressure off the QBs. And hopefully less turnovers due to that pressure.

It will make it easier to play call and get the ball to the playmakers in the pass game. DT and Sanders are very capable in getting big plays if they can get the ball in space. Also include Green as a significant first down producer if the run game is working.

IMO fairly simple. If the run game can be top 10 and consistent the Broncos have a chance and belong in the conversation as a contender again. If the run game struggles similar to last year the QBs inexperience will be exposed and they could be very well struggling to win the Division.

The QB situation is far from ideal, but I do not think it necessarily equates to "writing off the season".
    I'm going with this. No need for me to repeat what you'd stated.

Would like to add that it's hard not to be a little skeptical because none of us have seen our QBs in a regular season game yet. If Trevor and our team show we can beat the teams we play early, we should be fine. It's hard to judge w/o real game evidence,

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNight View Post
    Going along with the notion any NFL team can go into a season with 2 QBs that have a total one snap game experience can not been seen as anything but saying the season is over before it begins. Baffling why so many have no problem with this. Good teams rarely have more than a 2 to 3 year run before the talent level lowers or leaves for other teams. Doesn't seem like the right time to make this an audition year for 2 virtual rookies..
    Link or it didn't happen.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNight View Post

I don't think there are a lot of people "writing this season off" I still think we win the division and make the playoffs. That's despite the fact that I'm not confident in our QB situation.

Many of us are uncertain about several things (such as how well Trevor's going to hold up) but I've seen very few flat out say "we're going to lose all our games because we have trevor" We're fine. I would like to have someone I trust a bit more at QB, but we're fine!

Anybody else notice that all of the OP's posts are complaining about the Broncos not starting Sanchez, hmmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Anybody else notice that all of the OP's posts are complaining about the Broncos not starting Sanchez, hmmmmm....
    OP is probably the only one wanting Sanchez started

I was a big Sanchez supporter in the offseason, even I have moved past the notion of Sanchez starting. I wish we had a guy I could trust on the roster, but since we don't, I'll just watch the games and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I don't think there are a lot of people "writing this season off" I still think we win the division and make the playoffs. That's despite the fact that I'm not confident in our QB situation.

Many of us are uncertain about several things (such as how well Trevor's going to hold up) but I've seen very few flat out say "we're going to lose all our games because we have trevor" We're fine. I would like to have someone I trust a bit more at QB, but we're fine!
    You hit the nail on the head. We know what are d can do, We know our receivers and backs can put up big numbers if they get the ball. Even our oline looks better. Siemian we don't know, and until we see him play 4 qrts in a real game we won't know. I can't wait to see.