Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    How can someone like a 15 yard penalty. Keenum was clearly running out of bounds. Get that crap cleaned out now while it's pre season and not regular season. We were up there in personal fouls last year and Phillips' made it a point to getting that number down.
    I don't care if he was making pancakes, he was standing in bounds when he got hit.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPanda View Post
    Good lord, his lowest time in the 40 was 4.30 . That is ridiculous for someone that big.

Anyway my take aways were that we really missed Derek Wolfe and are really going to miss Vance Walker, it looks like teams are going to be able to run on us a lot easier than last year. Quarterbacks were able to step up in the pocket easily to avoid the edge rush, which they couldn't do last season.

I was disturbed by the offensive line's inability to generate any push on 3rd & short situations. I was a little disappointed in Lynch's performance. I wasn't expecting that much from him but I was still left scratching my head on how badly he missed some easy throws.

This was the first time I was able to see him play, I hope this performance was just an outlier for him. Because watching that, I don't know how anyone can say he's close to taking over the starting position
    Certainly not a good performance by Lynch, though the receivers didn't do much to help him.

The most concerning thing I noticed was how slow he ran the offense, they had to use all three timeouts long before the two minute warning. It could be a problem if Lynch struggles with the mental aspect of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Certainly not a good performance by Lynch, though the receivers didn't do much to help him.

The most concerning thing I noticed was how slow he ran the offense, they had to use all three timeouts long before the two minute warning. It could be a problem if Lynch struggles with the mental aspect of the game.
    Which is why I think it would be risky to cut Sanchez. Lynch is clearly not ready.

How can someone like a 15 yard penalty. Keeps the defense on the field longer, defense wears out, higher risk of injury, gives the offense a chance to score. Keenum was clearly running out of bounds. Get that crap cleaned out now while it's pre season and not regular season. We were up there in personal fouls last year and Phillips' made it a point to getting that number down.
    It was a legal hit that shouldn't have been a penalty, he was inbounds, this isn't flag football

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I don't care if he was making pancakes, he was standing in bounds when he got hit.
    That's not even the point. I'm trying to emphasize that we can't be giving up free yards like that, especially when the offense is already inside our territory.

Roby's hit on third and long was much worse than Talib's.
    Last edited by Rastic; 08-28-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Legal or not it cost us 15 yards and the D had to stay on the field longer. He needs to understand when it matters and when it costs the team. I'm all for hard hitting and playing hard football, but you have to be smart about it..

How can someone like a 15 yard penalty. Keeps the defense on the field longer, defense wears out, higher risk of injury, gives the offense a chance to score. Keenum was clearly running out of bounds. Get that crap cleaned out now while it's pre season and not regular season. We were up there in personal fouls last year and Phillips' made it a point to getting that number down.
    I like having a defense that physically intimidates opposing offenses. I didn't think it should have been flagged either, but regardless, I liked the play by Talib. I want offenses to be scared to play against our defense, because they know they are going to get physically beat up

Quote Originally Posted by Playsmart View Post
    Legal or not it cost us 15 yards and the D had to stay on the field longer. He needs to understand when it matters and when it costs the team. I'm all for hard hitting and playing hard football, but you have to be smart about it..
    I'm not sure I understand your point. I think we are all frustrated at the outcome, but how was Talib to know when he hit a player legally in-bounds that a hyper-sensitive referee would throw a questionable flag? It was a judgement call. If you are suggesting Talib should have pulled up and let the QB gain another yard or two to avoid contact and a possible flag, then that is not what football is about.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    I thought Hillman made the most of his opportunities and may have done just enough to bump Bibbs.

Where was Shane Ray?

Talib may get some tough calls as it appears the officials may have an axe to grind against him.
    That was not a tough call. The league is going to protect QBs as much as they can. Keenum was not turning up field. That hit may have pushed Goodell over the edge to suspend him. No need for that hit.

Do not put too much into preseason penalties of any kind...things get called in preseason that change in the regular season.

Qb - all our qbs look not ready to be a starter honestly. With that said I like Siemen because least he is more ready then Lynch. Also I have more hope in Siemen at this point then Sanchez. If there was a better option as a vet qb I would pick him up and drop Sanchez....even if we could just get a older guy with a lot of knowledge to mentor the young guys as a 3rd qb while letting Siemen be the 1 and Lynch being the 2.

TE...think a lot of us been asking for more Green...think this goes back years for some of us. Heuermann has not been as effective as I had hoped but there may be a lot of reasons for this so not putting too much into it now.

OLBs...imo we have 5 guys who would start on other teams. Dakota Watson is legit...he consistently makes plays for us. The comment earlier about other teams mis-using him us only thing that makes sense...this guy has obvious NFL talent.

WRs - Sanders still a star...the longer we wait to sign him the more it will cost us....if we wait too long it will cost too much and he will not be a Bronco in 2017 imo....we may already be there.

DBs - really like our depth here at safety and CB.

Rbs - Hillman is gone imo. With a Fb I just do not see us keeping 4 Rbs on the active roster...we prob go with 3 and 1 on practice squad. Only question is does he get traded or released. There may be enough interest in him to trade since he has looked good. Teams need to weigh the benefit of a lesser contract vs risk of another team grabbing him. IMO this offense will really take off to its potential when Booker overtakes CJ as 1st rb....it will happen sooner or later.

OL - Looked like I expected vs Rams first team front 7. Had good moments...had bad moments. The Rams DL is elite...maybe best in the NFL. Looked much better vs 2nd team front 7.

Overall - team is better then the NFL talking heads are giving us credit for. Think Kubes showed off more of the offense we will see in the regular season then any other game so far. Lot of running, fb in offense, lot of playaction and boots. This offense will suit the defense better then what we saw last year. Do not expect much of the Qbs in 2016 unless you want to complain a lot all season. If I learned anything from 2015 it is that we can win it all with average qb play, a strong commitment to the run and an elite defense. It is hard to win in the NFL but we got what it takes to be up there.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

I like having a defense that physically intimidates opposing offenses. I didn't think it should have been flagged either, but regardless, I liked the play by Talib. I want offenses to be scared to play against our defense, because they know they are going to get physically beat up
    I like opposing offenses to be scared of us too, but there's a difference between playing physical and playing stupid. That was an example of stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Roby's hot on third and long was much worse than Talib's.
    Yeah that one ended in a drive giving them another 3 points

Exactly! And as I said in the gamely thread, I loved his reaction after the hit as well. He stepped right over Keenum like he wasn't even there. It was beautiful, almost (dare I say it) 70's Raider-esq! And look we can hem and haw about the penalty and the yards, but hits like that do something, especially to a young or fill-in QB. I like the "Show No Mercy" approach.

Tough One, eh!

Staying power w/ "D", and is Trevor really gonna be starter. Need to go with Sanchez until he loses one, and that may be the 1st one. Didn't see the game here in Houston and haven't seen the replay, but from the sound of it 10 - 9 after 2nd, whew, guess we'll be holding on to our seats with a good, strict, defense dominated season, no? Fine with me since I grew up when football was a bare knuckle, head bustin', better have a superb backup at QB game/business, not a make 10s of millions, be a primadonna, jump up & down, dance around, penalty infused track meet. How bout y'all?

Anyway, what's done well will always be done well. It's what's not done well that needs to be done well, so let's not dwell on success but rather concentrate on being better by getting heads out of dark places, close those gaps and concentrate on playing mistake free, penalty free hard nosed football.

Go Broncos, let's repeat so I can celebrate this one since last SB I had to leave the party and canvass the neighborhood, per wife's (mine's too) hopes, so we wouldn't lose our 'Loki' cat. He's right here on the floor beside me as elegant as can be, just like Broncos football and Colorado mountains.