Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    How do you like Virgil Green?
    For a guy who has a total of 35 Receptions in 5 years (7 Rec./year), and who I have been critical of in the past (and thus your question), he has been impressive in this training camp, with 10 receptions in 3 games, to the point that he appears to be the only viable option at that position, with Krieger-Coble and Phillips or a FA castoff possibly making the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    For a guy who has a total of 35 Receptions in 5 years (7 Rec./year), and who I have been critical of in the past (and thus your question), he has been impressive in this training camp, with 10 receptions in 3 games, to the point that he appears to be the only viable option at that position, with Krieger-Coble and Phillips or a FA castoff possibly making the roster.
    As far as I can tell, he has caught every pass thrown to him in the three preseason games.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

As far as I can tell, he has caught every pass thrown to him in the three preseason games.
    Which begs the question as to why he wasn't starting ahead of the likes of Owen Daniels. Or Jacob Tamme.

Julius Thomas, I get.

Hey, I hope he has the kind of season that makes us forget his previous lack of production!

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Which begs the question as to why he wasn't starting ahead of the likes of Owen Daniels. Or Jacob Tamme.

Julius Thomas, I get.

Hey, I hope he has the kind of season that makes us forget his previous lack of production!
    As you have previously pointed out, Virgil Green caught 35 passes in the five previous seasons. He had 44 passes thrown to him during that time which means he caught 80% of his targets. What do you expect him to do? Throw the ball to himself?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    It was a legal hit, the refs were pretty awful. I like it, make the QBs think twice about running with it.
    It was legal he was inbounds on contact. Qbs get to slide, so slide and stop going for that extra yard or two.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

My take aways:

DT needs to be more physical, he has 30 lbs on Sanders, yet Sanders fights harder for that extra yard. DT just looks like he does not like contact.

RB position is strong

Dixon did not look bad last night, but Colquitt has had the better camp imo

OL is still missing one elite guy to really work, but looked better.

Norwood does not have the "jukes" for the return game, wish Barnes would step up.

Offense looked very vanilla, but good to see some deep shots in there.

TE is a need position, Green is not going to have the impact he could have if we can't find a counter part.

Need to find a spot for Watson.

Anderson will be the 3rd Inside LB...great instincts and always seem to be in on the tackle.

He does a great job of coming back for the ball, really helps the QB out.

QB's seemed like a vanilla gameplan

RB's looked good given the OL wasnt good

DT and Sanders were good, rest were meh, really missing Fowler

TE's are meh

Stephenson/Okung looked good, interior OL got rag dolled

DL missing Walker, Rams had some big holes to run. Gotsis doesnt look ready, might need to trade some defensive depth for a veteran DL.

ILB's look good but worry about them in coverage sans Marshall.

Safeties are good but concerning two rookies are the backups.

CB's are great.

Colquitt/Dixon will be an interesting take to see if Dixon makes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    It is my opinion that we have sone pretty good offensive linemen however I don't think that Clancy Barrone is the guy for the job here!

That is what I've gotten from 3 preseason games so far.
    He's way better as a Tight ends coach than he is oline.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    DL missing Walker, Rams had some big holes to run. Gotsis doesnt look ready, might need to trade some defensive depth for a veteran DL.
    Sure, Walker was a large part of the defensive plan but we were also missing Wolfe last night with Crick playing next to Gostis as starters.

I suspect if you have Wolfe back on the line it would have looked better.

In regards to the slow start, and bad play calling.

We've been pass happy all preseason to gauge where our 3 QBS stand. So now we get the chance to face a top tier DL. I think kubes wanted to Guage the OL and RBs early since they were facing a top tier front 7.

[ imo ]

With Trevor, he made quick reads and looked down field for his 3rd and 4 th reads, but mostly looked at his receiver when throwing to him. It was tough way to start with I think 6 or 7 runs in a row which probably got him off to a slow start and rhythm. But once he started throwing it around, things started to open up. He is mobile and can throw on the run. All in all it was not bad. And I think he did enough to earn the starting job.
    So I hope we can put this dink and dunk nonsense to rest, as he
    Looked and threw down field tonight, and that pass to DT was on the Money, the Pick to Latimer was late and short, but I think it should have been caught.
    Nice to see Virgil get a TD tonight.
    The Oline had some good and bad.
    The 1st D looked good, Melton, Winn, Gotsis, got plenty of looks and was a mixed Bag of good and meh, but overall the D line looked pretty good with a little bit of concern when it comes to stopping the run. No Fly Zone looked a Little rusty, but should be expected With starting the new season.
    The RBs looked good, and I think Hillman should get the #3 spot over Bibbs.
    Dakota Watson looked pretty good tonight too. And think he gets on the 53 man roster.
    Riley Dixon and Britton Colquitt is another hard One, don't think Dixon did enough to impress, and Colquitt could be safe.
    DT had some drops again tonight, but also had some great catches, so another mixed bag there, Sanders was great again and needs his contract extension ASAP.
    Doss was having a great camp, but tonight he seem to give the WR to much cushion, and don't know if he showed enough to earn a spot on the roster, but PS is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    QB's seemed like a vanilla gameplan

RB's looked good given the OL wasnt good

DT and Sanders were good, rest were meh, really missing Fowler

TE's are meh

Stephenson/Okung looked good, interior OL got rag dolled

ILB's look good but worry about them in coverage sans Marshall.

Safeties are good but concerning two rookies are the backups.

CB's are great.

Colquitt/Dixon will be an interesting take to see if Dixon makes it.
    Minus the big 73 yard run late in the game, which nobody could tackle, they had 77 yards in 26 attempts for 2.9 yard average per attempt.

I'd say they did good, of course outside that big run.

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    Hahahaha, so I was watching the game on replay, and after Watson's first sack I swear he did an obscure Dave Chappelle reference for his sack dance:

Anyone else see it?
    Hahahaha I saw that too. I Was dyin after that one.
    Blue streak is one of my favorites

I like the way Trevor delivered the ball outside the lines. He has zip and good anticipation. Needs to be more careful inside the numbers, but with no real game experience he should get better and better...or hope he does. If he has a good year, then next year we are going to have yet another QB competition imo. I do feel Trevor has the goods to be a starter along the lines of an Andy Dalton type guy.