Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Eagles Trade Sam Bradford to Vikings

By Conor Orr
    Around The NFL Writer

In a stunning move that thrusts the Vikings right back into the NFC North arms race, Minnesota executed a blockbuster trade for Eagles quarterback and former No. 1 overall pick Sam Bradford on Saturday, the Eagles announced.

The Vikings gave up a first-round pick in 2017 and a fourth-round pick in 2018 -- a massive price to pay for what could amount to one season of work.

The news was first reported by ESPN and, oddly enough, mentioned in a deleted tweet by Denver Broncos defensive coordinator Wade Phillips earlier on Saturday morning.

More here:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...b-sam-bradford

The vikings got fleeced!.

I can imagine the excitement of Vikings fans.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Wooooooooooooow....... Similar to when the Raiders dealt for Carson Palmer when Jason Campbell was playing well and he went down. Bradford is no where near worth a 1st rounder, but Bridgewater going down created huge demand on the Vikings part. If I were the Vikings I would've explored dealing for a young backup with potential, someone like Brett Hundley or AJ McCarron.

This probably means Carson Wentz will see the field at some point this season.

Vikings got robbed. Their gm needs fired

While the Vikings are ridiculous for what they gave up. If and its a HUGE if, Sam Bradford stays healthy, there offense will most likely be better than last year by the end of the year.

Didn't their idiot GM make a comment just like two days ago that they weren't going to dentriment their future for a 1-year rental?

I believe the Vikes and all their supporters thought this was going to be the year. A nice blend of strong D and multiple offensive weapons. With Teddy going down for the entire season, they did not like what they had, so they made a move to get a QB that has sufficient experience and reasonable upside. A guy that many had rated "can't miss" when he came out of college. In return, they give up a 1st next season and a 4th beyond, but if all goes well, it will be a late 1st......still a big sacrifice.

Compare to what we have. We have a better D, but we don't have AP. Some of their young guns are exciting as well. So when we say that all Trevor has to do......The Vikes are saying the same thing, but for a proven entity. So in that sense, they are very much in the hunt, if we are.

Bold move. Might be a great move. Might not.

As much as everyone seems to hate on Sam Bradford (a lot of it is deserved), he's practically changed offensive coordinators every single offseason of his NFL career. If there's anyone you want to sign and expect to pick up your offense in a matter of days, it's Bradford.

Quote Originally Posted by IAMRED View Post
    Didn't their idiot GM make a comment just like two days ago that they weren't going to dentriment their future for a 1-year rental?
    In his defense, they have bradford for 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I believe the Vikes and all their supporters thought this was going to be the year. A nice blend of strong D and multiple offensive weapons. With Teddy going down for the entire season, they did not like what they had, so they made a move to get a QB that has sufficient experience and reasonable upside. A guy that many had rated "can't miss" when he came out of college. In return, they give up a 1st next season and a 4th beyond, but if all goes well, it will be a late 1st......still a big sacrifice.

Compare to what we have. We have a better D, but we don't have AP. Some of their young guns are exciting as well. So when we say that all Trevor has to do......The Vikes are saying the same thing, but for a proven entity. So in that sense, they are very much in the hunt, if we are.

Bold move. Might be a great move. Might not.
    I personally think they will be better by the end of the year with Bradford (once again, IF he stays healthy) than if they would have had Teddy. In my opinion, Bradford is the better qb. This is the best situation Bradford has ever been in, so I'll be interested to see how he does.

Wow, I thought if they were going to make a deal for a QB that they might offer a 1st to Cincy fo A.J. McCarron.

That's a pretty big ransom to pay for a guy who would have likely been riding the bench by midseason.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

And to think they could have had Sanchez for say.....oh, I don't know, maybe a punter?
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Words fail.

Bradford is soooooooooooo overrate and though the Vikes are in a corner with Bridgewater's injury, they paid way too much. The Eagles should get an award for this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Words fail.

Bradford is soooooooooooo overrate and though the Vikes are in a corner with Bridgewater's injury, they paid way too much. The Eagles should get an award for this trade.
    Can you be overrated when you're constantly berated?