Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Im all for locking up and extending Kayvon Webster, but before we do, theres someone else more important to lock up and extend...Emmanuel Sanders.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Im all for locking up and extending Kayvon Webster, but before we do, theres someone else more important to lock up and extend...Emmanuel Sanders.
    And....done and done.
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    And....done and done.
    Just done... dude.. You got me excited thinking that the second done was that they just locked up Kayvon as well. I spite you for that empty feeling you left me with.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    It would be smart to try and extend Webster.

But he may want a bigger role elsewhere and want to test the market, we dont kknow what goes on outside those lines.

Some people on here really discount Talib's impact on the field. His ability to cover the bigger receivers and some tight ends is crucial.

I wouldnt cut him unless his play falls off. Doesnt make sense cutting a player if they're still performing well when Denver still has plenty of cap room, OTC has Denver at 49 mil next year with Okung and Talib.
    IIRC We only have 32 (now 33 with sanders) players under contract so most of that "EXTRA" cap space will be necessary to fill in the rest of the 53 + practice squad+ cover all of the IR replacements that surely will come up.

While I have not checked out OTC I suspect with sanders being about at 11 mil you are really talking about 38 mil now.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
    IIRC We only have 32 (now 33 with sanders) players under contract so most of that "EXTRA" cap space will be necessary to fill in the rest of the 53 + practice squad+ cover all of the IR replacements that surely will come up.

While I have not checked out OTC I suspect with sanders being about at 11 mil you are really talking about 38 mil now.
    This year, our bottom 18 guys were all under 700K in cost. I figured it out the other day that it was a little under 9 million for all 18 players. With a large number of draft picks next year, it doesn't appear that we should be too far off the 10 million mark for our bottom 18 guys. So, you would then have 28ish million minus a safety net to make a couple of nice pickups. Unless we don't pick up okung's option. Then we'll have even more room.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    This year, our bottom 18 guys were all under 700K in cost. I figured it out the other day that it was a little under 9 million for all 18 players. With a large number of draft picks next year, it doesn't appear that we should be too far off the 10 million mark for our bottom 18 guys. So, you would then have 28ish million minus a safety net to make a couple of nice pickups. Unless we don't pick up okung's option. Then we'll have even more room.
    Just a note the way Russel O played last night I seriously doubt they will let him go without any mitigating factors.

As much as I agree I'd like to keep Webster...where does he fit

Talib is hella underrated on here. That huge 3rd down breakup he made last night was an amazing read and play and just shows how valuable he is to us.

Just a note the way Russel O played last night I seriously doubt they will let him go without any mitigating factors.
    Hell yes. Loved Russel O last night...whole oline was really good which is huge for us.

Lock up Stewart!!! Was just beastly last night! Cam, Tolbert, and Benjamin all got some from Stewart.

Close your eyes

Now picture Rahim Moore back there...
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

We do but some of those "FA's" are ERFA/RFA's that are under Denver's control.

Then you factor in Denver is gonna get 10-11 draft picks next year and most draft picks make the roster under Elway. He doesnt give up on picks early other than Ball.

Denver should still have enough cap space to be a factor in free agency for a splash or two.

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    As much as I agree I'd like to keep Webster...where does he fit

Talib is hella underrated on here. That huge 3rd down breakup he made last night was an amazing read and play and just shows how valuable he is to us.
    I can get not liking Talib for his off the field stuff but hes a huge, huge, huge part to what Denver is allowed to do on defense.

One of the few teams other than Arizona who plays essentially man coverage all game which allows Wade to do a whole bunch of exotic stuff up front.

Nathan Jahnke ‏@PFF_NateJahnke

When Aqib Talib was targeted last night, he allowed a 52.1 NFL passer rating. Chris Harris wasn't far behind at 58.3. Strong start

Denver should still have enough cap space to be a factor in free agency for a splash or two.
    Im not sure what we would need to go outside the organization for to be honest.

QB - Set imo
    RB - Set imo
    WR - Set imo
    TE - Maybe this is an area, but draft seem more likely or a lower cost vet
    OL - Set imo, but would like to see higher ceiling guys taken in the draft

DL - Maybe the one area where a high ticket item could be brought in, but don't see much hitting the market here
    OLB - Set imo
    ILB - Set imo
    CB - Set imo, even more so locking up Webster
    S - Extend Stewart and Set big time

So looking at OTC 50 Million now - 11M Sanders - 10M for filling out roster to top 51 - 10M for Webster and Stewart - 8M emergency = 11M left over for a couple guys maybe at DL and TE. Add in 8 picks in the first 5 rounds, I just don't see us doing better than locking in our own.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

I can get not liking Talib for his off the field stuff but hes a huge, huge, huge part to what Denver is allowed to do on defense.

One of the few teams other than Arizona who plays essentially man coverage all game which allows Wade to do a whole bunch of exotic stuff up front.

Nathan Jahnke ‏@PFF_NateJahnke

When Aqib Talib was targeted last night, he allowed a 52.1 NFL passer rating. Chris Harris wasn't far behind at 58.3. Strong start
    Absolutely man. Beasts back there

Roby too. Love Roby too

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Im not sure what we would need to go outside the organization for to be honest.

QB - Set imo
    RB - Set imo
    WR - Set imo
    TE - Maybe this is an area, but draft seem more likely or a lower cost vet
    OL - Set imo, but would like to see higher ceiling guys taken in the draft

DL - Maybe the one area where a high ticket item could be brought in, but don't see much hitting the market here
    OLB - Set imo
    ILB - Set imo
    CB - Set imo, even more so locking up Webster
    S - Extend Stewart and Set big time

So looking at OTC 50 Million now - 11M Sanders - 10M for filling out roster to top 51 - 10M for Webster and Stewart - 8M emergency = 11M left over for a couple guys maybe at DL and TE. Add in 8 picks in the first 5 rounds, I just don't see us doing better than locking in our own.
    DL probably. TE maybe as well, especially with HMan always hurt.

We could use another edge rusher but if Ware wants to keep playing, he shouldnt be too expensive to bring back.

I love Stewart but i would love to steal Eric Berry away from KC. Imagine a nickel secondary of Berry, Ward, Simmons, Talib, Roby and Harris, drools.

Walker and Sly are FA's, as well as Winn.

Who hits the market remains to be seen but thats one area i can see Elway going at, and i'm sure if he actually has money to spend, he'll find a way to make a way of it.

Most may not hit FA but there's some good FA DL out there.

Calais, Bennie Logan, Short, Poe, Brockers, Brandon Williams, Fairley.