Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I've also been called stupid......
    I proved I am today.

Face to face...

Question...

Anyone here "dump" or "get dumped", in a process other than via face to face, or over the phone? This applies to relationships or jobs (or whatever you would like to mention).

I haven't, but I am older and most of my "playing days'" were before social media took over. But most of us know that the proper way to split from your partner, or to let someone go at work, was face to face, and with sensitivity. Perhaps over the phone, but this was the lesser of the 2 routes.

The situation itself is not a positive one, but the very least one can do is lessen the pain by putting some effort into it (even if the pain does not go away for some time). With exception of course, that is if the person had it coming....as in, cheated on you, or at work, did something very contrary to the rules of that organization (like stealing).
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-11-2019 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Question...

Anyone here "dump" or "get dumped", in a process other than via face to face, or over the phone? This applies to relationships or jobs (or whatever you would like to mention).

I haven't, but I am older and most of my "playing days'" were before social media took over. But most of us know that the proper way to split from your partner, or to let someone go at work, was face to face, and with sensitivity. Perhaps over the phone, but this was the lesser of the 2 routes.

The situation itself is not a positive one, but the very least one can do is lessen the pain by putting some effort into it (even if the pain does not go away for some time). With exception of course, that is if the person had it coming....as in, cheated on you, or at work, did something very contrary to the rules of that organization (like stealing).
    Lol.oh yeah....... Not gonna go into detail though.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Lol.oh yeah....... Not gonna go into detail though.
    I understand. Sometimes these things are very, very painful.

One last word. I believe it says a lot about society when we just push away important people, and take little responsibility for doing so. I did not like breaking up, either way. I tried to be generous with my time if I was the person initiating the split. It was never easy, because even though I did not think I was that special, the person I was letting go had feelings. And if handled properly, often those folks became my friends long term. There are very few of my "ex's" that I did not feel close to, many years later. We could laugh about our past.

But some folks back then, and apparently many now, are not worthy of respect in my opinion. Dropping someone over a quick text for example, is kind of gutless in my books. UNLESS again, if that person did something very wrong. But if I could offer to anyone here who is nearing that difficult time, please do that person the minimum, and speak to them with empathy and concern. Always remember how it would hurt you if you were the one being dropped.

Same goes for work. Give that person the time and all the answers you can. it is a very traumatic experience for most. Be the better person.