Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 176

Thread: Trevor Vs Brock

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Groves, Texas
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanSam View Post
    So< I was wondering what Salty's observation of Lynch's play yesterday against Atlanta? Does he still believe that Lynch is "Faster, bigger, stronger arm, brain for the game" than TS? The only thing I think you could compare the both as having similarities is that they both of horses on the side of their helmets.
    He's still faster, bigger, and has a stronger arm. He's lacking in the brain category. The game is still moving too fast for him. Being under constant pressure didn't help matters. Trevor (if healthy) should start. My concern is that he's not healthy and they rush him back and he takes a beating putting him out for a significant amount of time.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    8,494
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanSam View Post
    So< I was wondering what Salty's observation of Lynch's play yesterday against Atlanta? Does he still believe that Lynch is "Faster, bigger, stronger arm, brain for the game" than TS? The only thing I think you could compare the both as having similarities is that they both of horses on the side of their helmets.
    Sadly, it looks like he got banned, I really enjoyed reading his posts...,,

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    8,494
    Quote Originally Posted by RainyTX View Post
    He's still faster, bigger, and has a stronger arm. He's lacking in the brain category. The game is still moving too fast for him. Being under constant pressure didn't help matters. Trevor (if healthy) should start. My concern is that he's not healthy and they rush him back and he takes a beating putting him out for a significant amount of time.
    Definitely some concerns, Lynch's struggles to learn the playbook, his struggles get guys lined up (saw it in the preseason, and again yesterday in the two minute drill), his terrible wonderlic score. These things by themselves aren't a big problem, but when you add them up it starts getting concerning.

    The question is going to be how long does it take Lynch to get the mental aspect of the game? Something I think we can all agree on he's lacking at the moment.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,444
    OK.....feel free to attack my very high level stats.....

    QB Rating:

    Trevor - 99.6

    Paxton - 86.3

    Brock - 70.6

    Cmon, lets have a little fun!

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,581
    Quote Originally Posted by RainyTX View Post
    He's still faster, bigger, and has a stronger arm. He's lacking in the brain category. The game is still moving too fast for him. Being under constant pressure didn't help matters. Trevor (if healthy) should start. My concern is that he's not healthy and they rush him back and he takes a beating putting him out for a significant amount of time.
    This is exactly the point I made to SS, though. It's a mistake to be so infatuated with sheer athletic ability that you ignore the mental aspect of the game. Siemian was named the starter because he has a much better understanding of the offense, and no amount of talk about speed, size, and strength changes that.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    8,494
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
    This is exactly the point I made to SS, though. It's a mistake to be so infatuated with sheer athletic ability that you ignore the mental aspect of the game. Siemian was named the starter because he has a much better understanding of the offense, and no amount of talk about speed, size, and strength changes that.
    People act like Siemian is a midget, he's the same size as Cutler, and bigger than Aaron Rodgers.

    It's yet to be proven if QBs Lynch's size can even be successful in the NFL. About the only two comparisons are Flacco and Osweiler.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    People act like Siemian is a midget, he's the same size as Cutler, and bigger than Aaron Rodgers.

    It's yet to be proven if QBs Lynch's size can even be successful in the NFL. About the only two comparisons are Flacco and Osweiler.
    Great point.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    69
    Siemian will develop into a fine quarterback

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    9,683
    Trevor looks pretty good. Offense might be constraining him a bit, although the offensive line will get him killed if we can't get them healthy.

    Brock looks even worse than last year (against quality competition). He looks decent against the bad teams and KC. Still, he has thrown a pick a game.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,252
    I'm watching the Texans-Colts. Brock looks terrible and appears to be regressing every week.

    Siemian is still developing but I'm glad the Broncos passed on Brock. I guess Brock could turn out to be fine but he's off to a shaky start.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Definitely some concerns, Lynch's struggles to learn the playbook, his struggles get guys lined up (saw it in the preseason, and again yesterday in the two minute drill), his terrible wonderlic score. These things by themselves aren't a big problem, but when you add them up it starts getting concerning.

    The question is going to be how long does it take Lynch to get the mental aspect of the game? Something I think we can all agree on he's lacking at the moment.
    How can you question lynch's mental abilities from preseason where he played with players that for the most part were cut.

    And the falcon game where our o line have him no time to pass, and we never tried to run the ball.

    Yes he's not up to speed on the play book but this is the first real pro offense he has been in. Trevor has had a year and a half to learn the offense and his play was no better against the chargers.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    2,985
    Quote Originally Posted by proudbroncsfan View Post
    How can you question lynch's mental abilities from preseason where he played with players that for the most part were cut.

    And the falcon game where our o line have him no time to pass, and we never tried to run the ball.

    Yes he's not up to speed on the play book but this is the first real pro offense he has been in. Trevor has had a year and a half to learn the offense and his play was no better against the chargers.
    Honestly Siemian may shoulder some blame for Thursday but you can't really watch that game and say that the lion's share doesn't belong to the OL. Some of the worst OL play I've seen, even compared to last season.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,252
    and Brock throws another INT...had Hopkins open on the crossing route and threw behind him.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 10-16-2016 at 07:51 PM.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    and Brock throws another INT...had Hopkins open on the crossing route and threw behind him.
    Can't wait to see the legendary Osweiler back at Mile High.

    "A lot of times, deals you don't make are the best ones." ~ John Elway

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Can't wait to see the legendary Osweiler back at Mile High.

    "A lot of times, deals you don't make are the best ones." ~ John Elway
    I'm more worried about stopping Lamar Miller. He's running all over IND.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •