Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Game Day rants -- Week 3 -- Broncos and Bengals

Our offensive line sucks period good thing Trevor has a quick release.
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif

It's their third meaningful game together they are still geling as a unit, we have a fair few young players aswell so they are still learning the game, I think they'll come good eventually it's just going to take time

I don't agree with this.

Before I make the argument though I'd like to see your's
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by 15thebeast View Post
    It's their third meaningful game together they are still geling as a unit, we have a fair few young players aswell so they are still learning the game, I think they'll come good eventually it's just going to take time
    Man I hope so but on SO many passes Trevor was so close to being a sack fumble. Credit to his quick release but the Oline needs to steep up both in the passing game and running game.
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif

I think we did pretty good considering we were playing without our two starting OTs for parts of the game and without the starting RT all game
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Gotta consider Okung was out a while, so Schofield had to bump to left tackle. Ty hasn't played since last year and Stephenson is out. We had 3 guys plays out of position this game.

Quote Originally Posted by nickmeyer View Post
    Man I hope so but on SO many passes Trevor was so close to being a sack fumble. Credit to his quick release but the Oline needs to steep up both in the passing game and running game.
    Was always going to be a tough game for them today, Atkins is one of the best DT in the league, Peko is a force in the run game and Dunlap and Johnson are athletic freaks who can give even the best of OT a hard time.

Same here. I'd like to see specifics. Just saying our offensive line "sucks" is somewhat ........................ simplistic, and lacking any thought.

Stephenson is hurt. Sambrailo is knocking off the rust from being injured for the last year. And everybody's "whipping boy" from last season, Michael Schofield, appears to be getting better all the time.

Not to mention that we were up against a pretty good Defensive Line, today.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Same here. I'd like to see specifics. Just saying our offensive line "sucks" is somewhat ........................ simplistic, and lacking any thought.

Stephenson is hurt. Sambrailo is knocking off the rust from being injured for the last year. And everybody's "whipping boy" from last season, Michael Schofield, appears to be getting better all the time.

You're right we are seeing improvements in Schofield which is a nice surprise the real test will be when we play the Raiders and he has Mack up against him if he's playing at tackle, if Okung is going to be out for an extended period of time then I'd like to see McGovern get activated and get some playing time with his power on the inside I think him and Garcia can spring some big holes in the running game.

You're right we are seeing improvements in Schofield which is a nice surprise the real test will be when we play the Raiders and he has Mack up against him if he's playing at tackle, if Okung is going to be out for an extended period of time then I'd like to see McGovern get activated and get some playing time with his power on the inside I think him and Garcia can spring some big holes in the running game.
    Okung was in at the end of the game, so I'm assuming he's ok. Stephenson was estimated to be out 2 weeks, so who knows? Maybe he'll be back, next week. And, Sambrailo will get stronger as he is now able to get back into the weight room after the shoulder and elbow have healed up.

Schofield got the "trial by fire", last year. For those of us with a little Broncos history under our belts, Schofield reminds me of Claudie Minor's rookie season in 1974. A 3rd Round LT, and he couldn't stop anyone his rookie season. But, it toughened him up, and he went on to have a good career.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post

Yes and it seemed like they created some cut back room for our RBs...just had difficulty with keeping their legs under them on the cut backs. Not saying the run game would have been great. Bengals also planned for the run with the success we had last two games.

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    I think it's really odd how we rely on players' versatility whether they truly have it or not. Schofield played 3 different positions during the game, and he's not even that great at the position where he starts. Like our LT goes out, so our RG plays LT, and our backup T plays RG. Idk if I've ever seen anything like that, and I'm not sure how effective it is. I know Schofield is a tackle by trade, but he has definitely played better at G... maybe he should stay there, and we should more rely on next man up instead of bouncing guys all over the place. Idk... looking forward to more opinions.

It's a good thing a "near sack/fumble" doesn't actually mean anything. And even the best offensive lines in every league are going to give up "near sack/fumble" plays several times a game. Just getting near a QB doesn't actually mean anything, the more important numbers would be how many times he was hit, and I don't think it was all that much above normal this year.

The run game struggled today, but Cincy is a very good defense and they were obviously trying to take away the Denver run game today and make Siemian beat them through the air, thankfully he did. And with him throwing passes deep down the field it forces defenses to back up and will open things up for the run game, again.

Injuries this year (and last) certainly don't help. Think they aren't playing too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by nickmeyer View Post
    Our offensive line sucks period good thing Trevor has a quick release.
    Wrong. Our biggest weakness is our run D.