Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Do we have a QB controversy brewin?

Lynch didn't look half bad. Should Trevor fear for his job? Too soon to tell? Who starts next week? You know you got something to say!

There is no QB controversy. Siemian will start if he's healthy. End of story.

Lynch didn't look bad but the coaches chose Seimian as the starter for a reason so if he's healthy he'll start but his lease has gotten shorter for sure.

Not even close.

Defense wins championships

And you know that we saw this thread coming sooner or later!!!

Here's what I think......we have a beauty of a situation. Two young guns with their futures ahead. And both looking to have really good potential. Great problem if it comes to that!

In my opinion, if Trevor is healthy, he plays. This gives Paxton time to learn the NFL game and to grow. No need to rush him.

Half bad? Lynch looked great! He got us a TD and a FG. He was throwing some ducks though...

Lynch has more raw potential and promise, but Siemian is leaps above him mentally right now. Siemian learned from the best. We ride with siemian unless he flops 4 games in a row.

He won't.

No. But I will say the future looks promising. He came in and looked really good. The coaches trusted him enough to let him fire away and keep the fire burning until the game was put away.

No...
    BUT the radio and media will start one make no doubt!

SMH

I honestly thought Lynch looked better of the two. The two scores from Siemian were on very short fields. We really couldn't sustain any long drives until Lynch came in. I was thoroughly impressed

I still think there is a lot more ceiling for Siemian but unfortunately everybody loves the backup QB. Paxton did well, probably not fair to compare him to Siemian but I will anyways. :-) Other than some extra running ability I don't know what more you get with Paxton. I think Siemian is a more accurate passer than Lynch, not to say that Lynch is poor, I just think Siemian is very accurate.
    BCMB Div 1 - Rollin' with Mahomies

I think Siemian had a harder time making completions than Paxton did, but I suspect it's because there's at least 3 games' worth of footage on him now. Next week both sides of the ball need to play even better than today in order to secure a win. Falcons are pretty intimidating right now.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
    There is no QB controversy. Siemian will start if he's healthy. End of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by 15thebeast View Post
    Lynch didn't look bad but the coaches chose Seimian as the starter for a reason so if he's healthy he'll start but his lease has gotten shorter for sure.
    You guys saw what happened last year right? The assured HOF starter got hurt and dang near lost his job the rest of the year. Not saying you're wrong but to totally dismiss the possibility of a controversy after what we last season. ...

Nope. Trevor won the job outright. We're lucky we have a good one sitting in the wings though.

There is no doubt that this is Sieman's season, barring a catastrophic injury. From what I heard on the radio, Lynch threw about 4 or 5 passes that could have/should have been picked. That's not to say that Sieman hasn't made some mistakes as well this season, but it seemed apparent to me, "listening" to the game, Sieman was playing better.

Still, we have to have the best QB situation in the league.