Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    Yep.
    Right after he said Trevor was 'day to day"...
    and the extent of his ability to practice is unkown.
    -
    Clear as mud.
    Coach talk is the best... you really get a clear picture of things, they never are vague
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I get so sick of media acting like it still matters for qb's to be in shotgun so much. That's an issue of the past

Both Manning and Brady spend a ton of time in shotgun and they have 6 rings combined.
    TS is not playing well. he's looked like absolute crap. his should be pick 6 against the colts, 2 pics in carolina, 2 almost pics in one drive against the bengals and needed a short field from the defense in TB.

And...
    This deal should not even be called a "controversy"....
    -
    it is plain and simple..
    we got 2 good rookie QB's..
    both locked under contract at a great price..
    moving forward...
    both gonna get developed...
    both gonna be TEAM players...
    -
    BOTH gonna benefit from this system and
    an incredible defense...
    not to mention Thomas, Sanders and CJ.
    who will be a big help to the rookies as they learn and grow ..
    AND WIN.
    -
    and once again..
    Elway succeeds where others have failed.
    Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 10-03-2016 at 07:40 PM.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    TS is not playing well. he's looked like absolute crap. his should be pick 6 against the colts, 2 pics in carolina, 2 almost pics in one drive against the bengals and needed a short field from the defense in TB.
    Again with this woulda, coulda, shoulda garbage. It didn't happen so it's completely irrelevant. Every QB in the league has passes like that every game.
    Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!!

Starting the game against Tampa Bay, Trevor Siemian was AFC Offensive Player of Week 3. He had a 67% completion rate. He was the first quarterback in NFL history to throw for 300 yards, 4 TDs and no INTs in the first start on the road. Before the shoulder injury he was 5/7 for 68 yards and 1 TD with a 71% completion rate. His first pass was a TD to Demarius Thomas.

Lynch did a fine job - on the road with his first snaps and handling the weather delay. We should be proud for both quarterbacks.

I said nothing on my post that you quoted about Siemian. So I'm not sure why you ranted this off.

My post was about lynch being criticized by media about being in shotgun

That said you are also wrong. I don't know about woulda coulda shoulda.

What I do know is Siemian is 6 Td's and 3 picks with a 99 qbr which is good for top 10 in the league.

Hypothetical here... What if you guys had Rivers? How much better would your chances at winning it all be?

We certainly aren't using him...

Played well enough to lead game winning drives against the panthers and bengals. We've seen absolute crap and it was Tebow and Manning last year. Siemian is nowhere near down there and he adjusted really well in the second half agaisnt the Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by powderblues View Post
    Hypothetical here... What if you guys had Rivers? How much better would your chances at winning it all be?

We certainly aren't using him...
    I don't think Rivers' ugly delivery would allow him to execute a bootlegs to be honest.

He's also the first QB in the entire history of the NFL to win his first road start throwing for 300 yards 4 td's, and no picks.

Against a quality defense too.

Quote Originally Posted by MH Stampede View Post
    He's also the first QB in the entire history of the NFL to win his first road start throwing for 300 yards 4 td's, and no picks.

Against a quality defense too.
    Somehow, Trevor Siemian being the AFC Offensive Player of the Week in his last full start (4TDs in a very hard place to play) is somehow "not playing well". Looks like only the entire NFL disagrees.

This is so toxic. No matter who our QB is--and this stretches back decades--there's always some malcontent contingent of our fanbase who is convinced based on their own eye test that the grass is greener starting <insert X>. QB controversies are the bane of our fanbase, and it's started by these malcontents even when there's no controversy for either Kubiak or Elway.

I don't want to see anyone creating fabricated controversies until Siemian loses a few games that can be blamed on him.

Literally the AFC Offensive Player of the Week in the prior game, SMH....

I agree... the question is not a "is there a QB controversy?"..but "why do you guys want a QB controversy?"

Quote Originally Posted by YangDaniel027 View Post
    I agree... the question is not a "is there a QB controversy?"..but "why do you guys want a QB controversy?"
    Because they want to stunt Lynch's development and have him start even though he's not ready. He looked good, but we played the 1-3 Bucs with no Gerald McCoy.

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
    Somehow, Trevor Siemian being the AFC Offensive Player of the Week in his last full start (4TDs in a very hard place to play) is somehow "not playing well". Looks like only the entire NFL disagrees.

This is so toxic. No matter who our QB is--and this stretches back decades--there's always some malcontent contingent of our fanbase who is convinced based on their own eye test that the grass is greener starting <insert X>. QB controversies are the bane of our fanbase, and it's started by these malcontents even when there's no controversy for either Kubiak or Elway.

I don't want to see anyone creating fabricated controversies until Siemian loses a few games that can be blamed on him.

Literally the AFC Offensive Player of the Week in the prior game, SMH....
    Are you guys objectively watching the games or just looking at the stat lines.. I swear you just look at a nice state line and think that's indicative of reality.

you just look at a nice state line and think that's indicative of reality.
    Hmmm, so when stats such as these are given,

NFL career passing touchdown record: 539
    Most passing yards, career: 71,940
    Single season touchdown record (2013): 55
    Most passing yards, season (2013): 5,477
    Most wins (including playoffs): 200
    Most games throwing for 300+ yards: 93
    Most passing touchdowns in a single game (tied, 2013): 7
    Most Associated Press NFL MVP awards: 5 (2003, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2013)
    2 Super Bowl wins

According to you that's not "indicative of reality". I see.