Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Post game rants -- Week 5 -- Falcons and Broncos

Today's game. The 4 teams we have beaten thus far have a combined win record of 6. On paper it looks impressive, but those teams are not playing great. I think we can go 12-4 maybe even 13-3, but I hope we don't play down to the level of teams coming up because once the playoffs come up we won't do well.

And someone please tell Latimer to stop being a hero and just kneel the ball in the end zone.
    Last edited by VADER72; 10-09-2016 at 06:00 PM.

Yeah, Latimer is really grinding my gears on those kickoffs. He had one decent return in the Bengals game, so he suddenly thinks he is the next Devin Hester. It wouldn't be as big a deal if the touchback was still the 20 yard line, but 25 free yards shouldn't be so casually passed up.

Agreed, it's not smart football

Quote Originally Posted by ABQBronco25 View Post
    Yeah, Latimer is really grinding my gears on those kickoffs. He had one decent return in the Bengals game, so he suddenly thinks he is the next Devin Hester. It wouldn't be as big a deal if the touchback was still the 20 yard line, but 25 free yards shouldn't be so casually passed up.
    We should just accept the punt in the EZ cause he's pissing us all off and not doing us any favors.

I honestly don't think the Falcons are all that great. They're beatable, and a good D will hold them to half their usual scoring average. Our offense is the reason why we lost - the Broncos beat themselves with poor blocking, protections, and passing. If we played them again with Siemian and Stephenson in I legitimately think that this game would have looked 100% differently. Ty Sambrailo and Lynch are big reasons why this game went south.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I honestly don't think the Falcons are all that great. They're beatable, and a good D will hold them to half their usual scoring average. Our offense is the reason why we lost - the Broncos beat themselves with poor blocking, protections, and passing. Ty Sambrailo and Lynch are big reasons why this game went south.
    That's the part that infuriates me. Their defense is not good. At all. And they whooped us in the trenches.

activate wr Mose Frazier for Paxton

Why don't we activate Mose Frazier for Paxton's sake.
    Paxton is so comfortable with Frazier from his college days.
    You could see that chemistry on display during the preseason games.
    Having Frazier out there would be instant safety blanket for Paxton.
    I don't like the idea of exposing Siemian's separated shoulder for at least another game.
    Who would they cut for Frazier?
    I am thinking Norwood.
    I don't think Norwood would be signed by any other team
    so we could bring him back after Siemian starts again.

Quote Originally Posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
    That's the part that infuriates me. Their defense is not good. At all. And they whooped us in the trenches.
    Agreed. The falcons have the 30th ranked defense in the league, with FOUR of their linebackers missing. Add in also that this defense was playing lights out the second half, with our cornerbacks playing amazing. You can claim that Lynch is raw, and inexperienced, or whatever else, but it doesn't get better than this as a QB for the first game start. The formula for success is there but he couldn't take advantage of it. His accuracy is in serious question, as well as his ability to lead this team.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 10-09-2016 at 06:36 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Agreed. The falcons have the 30th ranked defense in the league, with FOUR of their linebackers missing. Add in also that this defense was playing lights out the second half, with our cornerbacks playing amazing. You can claim that Lynch is raw, and inexperienced, or whatever else, but it doesn't get better than this as a QB for the first game start. The formula for success is there but he couldn't take advantage of it. His accuracy is in serious question, as well as his ability to lead this team.
    He was certainly part of the problem. Maybe not all of it, but honestly it looked like he was convulsing back there.

I honestly don't think the Falcons are all that great. They're beatable, and a good D will hold them to half their usual scoring average. Our offense is the reason why we lost - the Broncos beat themselves with poor blocking, protections, and passing. If we played them again with Siemian and Stephenson in I legitimately think that this game would have looked 100% differently. Ty Sambrailo and Lynch are big reasons why this game went south.
    So you're saying the LB's inability to cover Coleman and Freeman had nothing to do with it?

Can he play RT, RG, C, LG, or LT? Because that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by RainyTX View Post
    So you're saying the LB's inability to cover Coleman and Freeman had nothing to do with it?
    Yeah their were issues on that end as well. Stopping the run flared up as an issue once again, but had the offense not had as many 3 and outs this game could have been won. But the defense showed up enough to give the offense a chance which was not taken advantage of.

Let's break it down to what this game was: this offense could not score to win against the 30th ranked defense with four of the starting LBs out. There is no reason why the offense should have made them look like the 85 Bears tonight.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 10-09-2016 at 06:46 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Agreed he should have played better.

But then, the OL played like last year's.

So we can have two players that look like a deer in the headlights.
    BCMB Div 1 - Rollin' with Mahomies

I wouldn't worry about this game too much. It stinks to lose at home but lest not forget we were without out starting qb (and make no mistakes, he is our starting qb), our starting right tackle, and one of our premier pass rushers in this game. And with all that we still weren't "blown out". My biggest take away from today was the second string qbs inability to get the ball out of his hands in time and the fact that our lbs couldn't cover my wife on a passing route. These things need to be addressed and I believe they will. The only reason trevor did not start today is because we have a divisional game on Thursday.