Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Maybe Elway thought having Kubiak & Dennison back (along with mobility at the QB position) would be all was needed.

Hopefully he swallows his pride on his own or Kubiak/Dennison and our o-line play forces him too by the start of next training camp if things don't turn around this season.
    Well the scheme is the same, they just need somebody to come in and make these guys utilize it properly and more accurately. A bad ass to light a fire under these guys asses.

I'm not sure I understand why they couldn't do it right now But if this is true and I Elway is making decisions that fancy keeping his own chosen certain personnel and players then I think Gary needs to sit down with him and explain to him the deterimental it is causing toward his health.

I wouldn't even consider this to be an issue but Tyler Polumbus stated in the not-too-distant past when I asked the question "why did you not start last year at the RT position" and his response was that when he asked the very same question to Coach Kubiak, coach told him that there was "a personal interest and investment in Michael Schofield by management".

I'd like to have a link for you guys but this was said on Tyler's radio show with big Al and jerk-mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    How exactly did this go from activating a player from the practice squad to (possibly) help a rookie QB to Elway swallowing is pride for not bringing in Gibbs?
    LOL!

"When threads go OFF-TOPIC"...

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

We have some things to work on thats for sure. Our "O" line: and our defensive linebackers got schooled in pass defense by their fast running backs out of the backfield. But if we were going to lose better to lose to a NFC team....
    Last edited by Playsmart; 10-11-2016 at 12:33 PM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I thought it was that gibbs was consulting for us and also consulting for another team at the same time so we kicked him out.
    I wasn't aware of that, but I do remember that Gase and Gibbs had gotten into an altercation during Fox's tenure. Shorty thereafter, he and fox agreed to "mutually" split.

I found this excerpt.

"During Weeks 5-8, the Run Offense was able to outperform the opposing Run Defense. Thatís 4 out of 9 games or 44% effective. In the 2 losses (SEA & NE), the Run Game was completely abandoned. Partly because they were behind in the score, but the play-calling had a lot to do with that too. During the Super Bowl, Offensive Line guru and then consultant for the Broncos Alex Gibbs. Yes, he of the legendary Zone Blocking run game, was screaming at Offensive Coordinator Adam Gase to Run the Ball. Why? Because the Seahawks were rushing 3 players and dropping 8 into coverage. Seattle was daring the Broncos to run and Adam Gase refused."
    Last edited by Bterres105; 10-11-2016 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    I wasn't aware of that, but I do remember that Gase and Gibbs had gotten into an altercation during Fox's tenure. Shorty thereafter, he and fox agreed to "mutually" split.

I found this excerpt.

"During Weeks 5-8, the Run Offense was able to outperform the opposing Run Defense. Thatís 4 out of 9 games or 44% effective. In the 2 losses (SEA & NE), the Run Game was completely abandoned. Partly because they were behind in the score, but the play-calling had a lot to do with that too. During the Super Bowl, Offensive Line guru and then consultant for the Broncos Alex Gibbs. Yes, he of the legendary Zone Blocking run game, was screaming at Offensive Coordinator Adam Gase to Run the Ball. Why? Because the Seahawks were rushing 3 players and dropping 8 into coverage. Seattle was daring the Broncos to run and Adam Gase refused."
    This is where John Fox should had stepped in and over rode any decisions that were been made or even ignored in that game.

We could say that's in the past now so leave it there but people still have to learn from it.

I'm just so grateful for the Super Bowl 50 victory and for John Elway Gary Kubiak and Wade Phillips.
    That Super Bowl 50 victory almost redeems the organization and makes up for such a horrible loss in the previous Super Bowl.

Because if not for such a ridiculous loss in that Super Bowl, we wouldn't have the stout defense that we have right now and I am very grateful to John Elway for that. I'm just not liking his choices on the offense of line at the moment.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-11-2016 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    This is where John Fox should had stepped in and over rode any decisions that were been made or even ignored in that game.

We could say that's in the past now so leave it there but people still have to learn from it.

I'm just so grateful for the Super Bowl 50 victory and for John Elway Gary Kubiak and Wade Phillips that Super Bowl 50 victory Almost makes up for such a horrible loss and Super Bowl 48.

Because if not for such a ridiculous lost in the Super Bowl we wouldn't have the stout defense that we have right now and I am very grateful to John Elway for that. I'm just not liking his choices on the offense of line at the moment.
    Agreed. Trying to get back on topic,instead of activating a wr from practice squad, Elway should seek Gibbs to work with Clancy Barone so they can shore up our Oline.

A rookie WR into the lineup is not the answer. We have two of the top receivers in the league, and some talent at backup positions.

Shaq Barrett doesn't seem to be making much of an impact this season (0.5 sacks, 13 tackles). And although I would be reluctant, maybe it would be worth re-visiting the Joe Thomas for Shaq and mid-round pick, again. If I were Cleveland I wouldn't do it, but with Demarcus due to come back in the not too distant future, maybe it would be worth pursuing, on some level.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    A rookie WR into the lineup is not the answer. We have two of the top receivers in the league, and some talent at backup positions.

Shaq Barrett doesn't seem to be making much of an impact this season (0.5 sacks, 13 tackles). And although I would be reluctant, maybe it would be worth re-visiting the Joe Thomas for Shaq and mid-round pick, again. If I were Cleveland I wouldn't do it, but with Demarcus due to come back in the not too distant future, maybe it would be worth pursuing, on some level.
    Have Stephenson or Okung ever played guard?

How exactly did this go from activating a player from the practice squad to (possibly) help a rookie QB to Elway swallowing is pride for not bringing in Gibbs?
    I guess you can't really expect a thread about a practice squad wide receiver to stay on topic....

1st response post of the thread! My bad, lol! I totally derailed it. But at least its constructive, u know we've been known to go straight to crazy town around here and start saying things like trading Von to Cleveland and signing Tebow as his replacement pass rusher. Then with the draft picks from cleveland, get a Safety like Jabril Peppers and that will solve all our OL woes!

Quote Originally Posted by Val Alonzo View Post
    Biggest Issue on Offense: Right Tackle. Ty is playing hurt and he is very ineffective. This was apparent and changes by the coaching staff came late; .
    The other issue is that there is no small possibility that he could further injure himself or reinjure himself. He was getting tossed around like a ragdoll, and at one point was pretty much piledriven into the turf and pancaked. I was happy to see him leave the game.

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    1st response post of the thread! My bad, lol! I totally derailed it. But at least its constructive, u know we've been known to go straight to crazy town around here and start saying things like trading Von to Cleveland and signing Tebow as his replacement pass rusher. Then with the draft picks from cleveland, get a Safety like Jabril Peppers and that will solve all our OL woes!
    What? People saying crazy things around here? Say it isn't so.

Wonder how trading Von to CLE and signing Tebow would work out? You might be on to something. Sounds good.

And while we're at it, might as well cut DT too.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 10-11-2016 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    What? People saying crazy things around here? Say it isn't so.

Wonder how trading Von to CLE and signing Tebow would work out? You might be on to something. Sounds good.

And while we're at it, might as well cut DT too.
    O how did I forget that! That is a staple of these boards. I'm actually surprised it hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CheyennePress View Post
    The other issue is that there is no small possibility that he could further injure himself or reinjure himself. He was getting tossed around like a ragdoll, and at one point was pretty much piledriven into the turf and pancaked. I was happy to see him leave the game.
    The guy is trying to play RT with one arm, it's crazy he's even out there.

Since this thing went so far off topic, I think we can all agree that activating Mose Frazier is a terrible idea..... Great! lets stop bumping this and let it die away in oblivion.