Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Nebraska Football 2017

that's right, i am a Nebraska fan and i'm here to tell you they are over-rated. they are an improved team and sitting at 5-0 and i think that's great but they are not a top 10 caliber team IMO

i wouldn't be surprised if they ended up not ranked by the end of the season or not even ranked in the top 20. they haven't played anyone yet and their best win was against oregon who looks like crap this year.

i'm curious as to what other non husker fans think about that? or even some husker fans that may inhabit this message board.

Rankings don't make sense. How are: Houston, FSU, and Ole Miss ahead of Florida?
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

I haven't watched any games this year outside of my Huskies (6-0) and my Fordham Rams (3-2) but we'll know in a couple weeks if they're for real.

Personally I hope they drop from the rankings soon and agree they probably aren't very good.

However when discussing the term over ranked or over rated I tend to ask people to look at the teams below them and tell me who they would rate ahead of a 5-0 team.

TN has largely looked terrible in all 6 games and yet they are 5-1. They are currently ranked ahead of Nebraska. Do I think they are better than Nebraska to earn the rank despite a loss? Probably but not with full confidence.

Same if I look at teams below that pretty much all have a loss. Can't look at really any of them with confidence and say yeah they should be higher.

NO 8 now, that's crazy talk!

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    NO 8 now, that's crazy talk!
    Crazy? How the hell is Ole Miss ranked? How are 2 loss teams ahead of undefeated and 1 loss teams?
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

lucky #7

7th in the nation at 7-0, winning in unimpressive fashion but still winning. now they finally have true tests against wisconsin and ohio st., if they can just win one of those games i will be ecstatic!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I haven't watched any games this year outside of my Huskies (6-0) and my Fordham Rams (3-2) but we'll know in a couple weeks if they're for real.
    Huskies are my 2nd favorite team, this season. They can REALLY help the Buffs secure the Pac 12 South title this season. We need you guys to do your part and put the beat down on Utah & USC

The Huskers are staring 2 losses in the face, on the road, in PRIMETIME! Gonna be ugly, But the should win the next 3 after that to finish 10-2. They are LIGHTYEARS better then last years team, might even win their division to make the Champ. game???
    oh YEAH?

They're not a top ten team, IMO, however they are much more fun to watch than under Polini, or whatever his name is. They also play hard and have more playmakers on offense than I'm use to seeing play for Nebraska

Great win for the Huskies today. Even though I didn't have the game in doubt, I was feeling Utah was a big play away from snatching victory.

it was a good game but there is their first loss. now they play @ ohio st., likely another loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    They're not a top ten team, IMO, however they are much more fun to watch than under Polini, or whatever his name is. They also play hard and have more playmakers on offense than I'm use to seeing play for Nebraska
    the funny thing is, the defense is better than most of the defenses pelini had at nebraska and that was supposedly why we hired him. pelini couldn't recruit worth a damn and was a head case, mike riley is the polar opposite in both cases.

i hated the hire at first (mainly because i was biased due to his failed stint in SD) but now i think he fits really well at nebraska, i'm thinking next year or the year after the huskers could challenge for a playoff birth.

i'm kind of exited to see the class of 2017 next season with keyshawn johnson jr and his QB from HS who is also a 4 star pro style QB. we also have jaevon mcquitty from missouri who is a beastly looking 4 star WR.

not used to nebraska recruiting those kind of QB's or receivers, it's going to be different.

I think your cornhuskers proved saturday night why they were top 10 nearly pulling the road upset. Definitely top 15 for sure.

They may lose to Ohio st but the buckeyes are struggling big time right now.

I'm not sure they are better than Oklahoma or my auburn tigers who are both on a roll right now. However it would be a major tough out.

I think I said this before but when discussing over ranking I ask people to look below at who they would rank higher. Outside of those two I can't pick a single team that I can definitely say is better. In fact they may be better than Florida who I think jumped them this week. Cuz the gators offense stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I think your cornhuskers proved saturday night why they were top 10 nearly pulling the road upset. Definitely top 15 for sure.

They may lose to Ohio st but the buckeyes are struggling big time right now.

I'm not sure they are better than Oklahoma or my auburn tigers who are both on a roll right now. However it would be a major tough out.

I think I said this before but when discussing over ranking I ask people to look below at who they would rank higher. Outside of those two I can't pick a single team that I can definitely say is better. In fact they may be better than Florida who I think jumped them this week. Cuz the gators offense stinks.
    We're not struggling at the moment. Ohio St has so many freshman playing this year I kind of expected them to struggle this year. I'd love to see a Auburn vs Ohio St bowl match up.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.