Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    me being a chargers and husker fan.....football is real difficult to enjoy anymore lol

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

the huskers DC after the loss to northwestern at home.

might be the most idiotic thing i have ever seen a coach say after a loss.....any coach.....ever. i don't know which one of my favorite football teams is more of an embarrassment at this point, it is arguable.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

4-7 absolutely brutal season, worst Nebraska team i have ever witnessed in my entire life.

good luck turning this program around Scott Frost!

Thread title updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Thread title updated.
    thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post

the huskers DC after the loss to northwestern at home.

might be the most idiotic thing i have ever seen a coach say after a loss.....any coach.....ever. i don't know which one of my favorite football teams is more of an embarrassment at this point, it is arguable.
    Oh, the Huskers were, by a LONG WAY! They were run by a Coach WAYYYY over his head! Hey! At least he was a niiicccee guuuyyy! Right? All Pelini HATERS! At least help is on the WAY! No more Mr. Nice Guy! Frost is and was as tough as they come, and he learned from the BEST!
    oh YEAH?

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Trying to watch more on Saturdays and less on Sundays and learning a little more about the teams.

Always been a Dawgs fan!

Your DAWGS were for real today!
    oh YEAH?

Frost is a good football coach, I'm just concerned he's not quite ready to be a Power 5 HC yet. And being the former player returning to a once great program, with high expectations, it seems like this could be a bad situation. But when someone offers 7 years $35 million you take it.

I hope I'm wrong and I hope he succeeds there, college football is better with a good Nebraska program.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Axemaster View Post
    Your DAWGS were for real today!
    Yea, what a great game- or great 3/4 of a game! I have not enjoyed a game like that in a long time. Maybe since the Broncos in Super Bowl 50.

Adopted Mod: Best Mod Ever: EddieMac
    Adopted New Person: Peapod
    Adopted Video: WatercoolerJam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ozu5KdXhL0

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Frost is a good football coach, I'm just concerned he's not quite ready to be a Power 5 HC yet. And being the former player returning to a once great program, with high expectations, it seems like this could be a bad situation. But when someone offers 7 years $35 million you take it.

I hope I'm wrong and I hope he succeeds there, college football is better with a good Nebraska program.
    one thing is for sure.....he will get all the time he needs. he may fail in the long run but i don't view this as a bad situation at all, it's a perfect fit, he just lacks experience as a HC so we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    one thing is for sure.....he will get all the time he needs. he may fail in the long run but i don't view this as a bad situation at all, it's a perfect fit, he just lacks experience as a HC so we will see.
    You think so? I hope he does, because I think he's going to be very good. But Nebraska needs to give him 3-4 full seasons, if they expect a CFP berth in the next two they'll probably be disappointed. But if they're willing to give him the time I think it will pay off. He's certainly better than Mike Riley, I've never understood anyone that hires him. He had a little success at Oregon State, but nothing major, and certainly nothing that should continue to get him high profile job offers.

I guess you've suffered under him twice, with both the Chargers and Huskers.

You think so? I hope he does, because I think he's going to be very good. But Nebraska needs to give him 3-4 full seasons, if they expect a CFP berth in the next two they'll probably be disappointed. But if they're willing to give him the time I think it will pay off. He's certainly better than Mike Riley, I've never understood anyone that hires him. He had a little success at Oregon State, but nothing major, and certainly nothing that should continue to get him high profile job offers.

Mike Riley had more success than he should have at Oregon State. I guess that's what was impressive about him

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Mike Riley had more success than he should have at Oregon State. I guess that's what was impressive about him
    He had success in the CFL as well. His Oregon State success is a little bit of the chicken or the egg. did he set things up for Dennis Erickson or did Dennis Erickson set things up for Mike Riley 2.0?

During his first OSU stay they were below .500 both years, then he struggled in the NFL as a HC, and all of a sudden he was a candidate for UCLA and Alabama before ultimately settling on going back to OSU. Now to be fair he did have some good years at OSU, but nothing that said he was ready to lead Nebraska into being what they want to be.

Let me ask you this (since I believe you're a USC fan) he was rumoured to be considered for the USC job in 2012, would you have wanted him coaching USC?

At this point, I wonder if he'll ever get back into coaching at a College level? He's 64 and will be paid $120,000 per month until 2021, seems like a nice retirement parachute if he wanted to retire.

Well, the EXPECTATIONS cannot be any LOWER! He is a Native Nebraskian. He is Husker for life, just like I am, or anyone BORN there. It will take him a few years, but he knows what it takes, he learned from the best after all!
    oh YEAH?

Mike Riley is and was so far OVER HIS HEAD as a Coach, it was so obvious. No, what really was confusing is Pelini was let go, and Solich was too, for being FAR MORE successful. But at a Program that was spoiled by winning multiple Championships it was just not quite good enough.
    oh YEAH?