Page 133 of 134 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2006
  1. #1981
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    535
    Can I ignore people on here? There is NO way you can blame the defense in any sense. Held them to 3 field goals in the 2nd half, at least two off of a fumble (i think) and a missed field goal giving them good field position. Stop trolling

  2. #1982
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,486
    Quote Originally Posted by floridabroncos View Post
    Please show me ONE bad call. Just one. lolol
    I named TWO, you ignored both and insinuated that I was a cry baby or something like that. Are non calls considered bad calls? Define a hold (hint: the way teams block Von Miller)

  3. #1983
    theMileHighGuy is offline
    ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    away from home
    Posts
    11,073
    Overturning CJ's catch ahe end of the game was a bad call. One that stopped us from having multiple shots at the endzone.

  4. #1984
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,486
    Quote Originally Posted by floridabroncos View Post
    I discovered that the OL actually got away with multiple holds that were NOT called.
    You could call holding on almost any football play ever by following the definition. The best you can hope for is that in each game it is called consistently throughout that game. That didn't happen tonight, that's the complaint from just about everyone here. Some calls have more impact than others, tonight it seemed every penalty we had wiped out a very important play. Those type of penalties stick in people's minds, hence all the conversation about them.

  5. #1985
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,486
    Quote Originally Posted by floridabroncos View Post
    I discovered that the OL actually got away with multiple holds that were NOT called.
    Oh, almost forgot, do you have examples of such plays?

  6. #1986
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    2,985
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    You could call holding on almost any football play ever by following the definition. The best you can hope for is that in each game it is called consistently throughout that game. That didn't happen tonight, that's the complaint from just about everyone here. Some calls have more impact than others, tonight it seemed every penalty we had wiped out a very important play. Those type of penalties stick in people's minds, hence all the conversation about them.
    Please, lol. Every call that negated a big play was legit, or did you not think that bear hug by either Paradis or Okung were legit? LOL wow man
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

  7. #1987
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,245
    Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    Overturning CJ's catch ahe end of the game was a bad call. One that stopped us from having multiple shots at the endzone.
    That was a punch in the gut, then again, Okung was all over his man. Easy call.

  8. #1988
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    Overturning CJ's catch ahe end of the game was a bad call. One that stopped us from having multiple shots at the endzone.
    He made me laugh..he caugt the ball and fell like a rock out of bounds..haha He didn't have control of it though ..it was between his legs..

  9. #1989
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    2,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    He made me laugh..he caugt the ball and fell like a rock out of bounds..haha He didn't have control of it though ..it was between his legs..
    He didn't maintain control of it. It shifted all over the place as he was coming down. Maybe 5 years ago it's a catch but in today's NFL you have to maintain control and he flat out didn't.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

  10. #1990
    theMileHighGuy is offline
    ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    away from home
    Posts
    11,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    He made me laugh..he caugt the ball and fell like a rock out of bounds..haha He didn't have control of it though ..it was between his legs..
    Quote Originally Posted by floridabroncos View Post
    He didn't maintain control of it. It shifted all over the place as he was coming down. Maybe 5 years ago it's a catch but in today's NFL you have to maintain control and he flat out didn't.
    I've seen players make leg catches a dozen times. That ball was rock solid between his tree trunks when his hand touched out of bounds. There was definitely not enough evidence to overturn it.

  11. #1991
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by floridabroncos View Post
    He didn't maintain control of it. It shifted all over the place as he was coming down. Maybe 5 years ago it's a catch but in today's NFL you have to maintain control and he flat out didn't.
    I agree.. Imo I just don't think that the team has fire ..they won last year and weither people wont to hear it or not I think what we seen the last 2 weeks is about what its going to be. You have to admit the team has a different feel.

  12. #1992
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    I've seen players make leg catches a dozen times. That ball was rock solid between his tree trunks when his hand touched out of bounds. There was definitely not enough evidence to overturn it.
    Its about maintaining control .. I would think the control means hands wise.. He had it between his legs when he landed..

  13. #1993
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1

    Inverness Steve:: a football theory

    Sometimes you see a great game of American Football and your side doesn't win? But you appreciate it nonetheless?

    That happened tonight with my Broncos being defeated by divisional rivals, the San Diego Chargers - away from home - 13 - 21.

    TBF the Chargers - our great divisional rivals - have lost the last 15 games to us, but no-one will deny them or their fans this moment.

    They were fired up from the word go.

    From a Broncos point of view, our defence is great, but our offence didn't really compete till the final quarter.

    In fact, there was some really POOR play calling for the first three quarters on the offensive side of the ball.

    Now, here's a football theory.

    a} The Broncos have the best defence in football

    b) They have an average offence with rookie quarterbacks and players in many positions

    c) The rookie players and quarterbacks are very good rookie players and quarterbacks, in the NFL round

    d) The Broncos defence is SO good, that the offence only needs to post 50% + production to win most games and get to the play offs

    e) However, that 50%+ production IS NEEDED because, however great a defence is, it cannot win Championships on its own.

    f) An average of two more long scoring drives will win the Broncos every game. As Jonie MItchell sang - 'you don't know what you've got till it's gone'. Two words. Peyton Manning.

    g) The current offensive co-ordinators at Denver don't match up to the defensive record of Wade Williams. FACT. A 10-20% improvement in offensive production i.e. 7 - 10 points a game and 10 minutes more breather for our brilliant defence, would put us in a record breaking position.

    h) The best offensive coaching guy with the x's and o's is currently available, and he already worked a year with Trevor Simian, and would do Paxton Lynch the world of good.

    i) What are we waiting for..?

  14. #1994
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    An End Zone Near You
    Posts
    16,163
    Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    I've seen players make leg catches a dozen times. That ball was rock solid between his tree trunks when his hand touched out of bounds. There was definitely not enough evidence to overturn it.
    I think the issue is when he hit the ground it bobbled.

    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

  15. #1995
    theMileHighGuy is offline
    ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    away from home
    Posts
    11,073
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    I think the issue is when he hit the ground it bobbled.
    I guess I'm under the impression that when his hand/arm touches the ground OOBs the play is over. Maybe that's not the case. There's been so much debate the last few years of what is and isn't a catch, getting legs involved muddles it up even more.

    Did you ever find out if Janovich was inactive? Really confusing that he wasnt in the gameplan if he was active, he adds a lot of versatility.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •