Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Real Missing Piece

We were missing something this game, that's for sure.

Some may think it was our head coach.

Some may think it was our starting QB's off shoulder.

I however tend to think it was something different. Something or rather someone, that someone being Andy Janovich. Our run game is only helped by having a lead blocker. Without a good running game it's hard to run Kubiak's offense (even if he's not there). How can you run bootlegs or play actions without a run game.

I honestly think this offense doesn't work without a fullback. I don't have enough evidence this season to support it yet being 6 games in. Though from what I've seen going in to shot gun hasn't worked well. There is no viable threat of running (well maybe there is but we get called for holding anytime we have a good run), without a full back.

I'd like to hear other's thoughts on this.

Try to remember guys we're still 4-2.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

The real missing piece is Alex Gibbs

Yeah.. I never heard his name called....
    never saw him touch the ball...
    or ...
    yeah.. he was MIA.

Should be a big part of the game plan...
    he WAS..
    in those first 4 games.....
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

I don't know why we didn't use him instead used Norwood. Andy was in the first drive then gone. Terrible play calling

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    The real missing piece is Alex Gibbs
    Touche'............
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    We were missing something this game, that's for sure.

Some may think it was our head coach.

Some may think it was our starting QB's off shoulder.

I however tend to think it was something different. Something or rather someone, that someone being Andy Janovich. Our run game is only helped by having a lead blocker. Without a good running game it's hard to run Kubiak's offense (even if he's not there). How can you run bootlegs or play actions without a run game.

I honestly think this offense doesn't work without a fullback. I don't have enough evidence this season to support it yet being 6 games in. Though from what I've seen going in to shot gun hasn't worked well. There is no viable threat of running (well maybe there is but we get called for holding anytime we have a good run), without a full back.

I'd like to hear other's thoughts on this.

Try to remember guys we're still 4-2.
    I sat there wondering where in the world was he tonight. He was not on the inactive list so what gives? He may not have been the difference maker, but having him on the field would have made the play calling less predictable by adding another element. We barely used him against the Falcons too.

Agreed...............

Gary Zimmerman

We miss Peyton being able read the D and then to audible into a better play.

I think we also miss a receiver that can work the middle of the field. This can either be a TE or a slot like Stokely/Welker.

our missing piece is an OC that doesn't suck at his job.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

I disagree. We cannot run the ball to set the tempo. FB or not. When we do run the ball well, it's when we already have tempo going, some good rhyhm passes, and the D is off balance a bit. The system is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605 View Post
    I disagree. We cannot run the ball to set the tempo. FB or not. When we do run the ball well, it's when we already have tempo going, some good rhyhm passes, and the D is off balance a bit. The system is broken.
    We ran the ball early with Vino, Stephenson, and Green all playing.

We've seen that 0 times since.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

The real issue is we completely abandoned the run cj had like 12 and booker had 5. With the philosophy we seem to want we cant only run the ball 17 times

W
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    We ran the ball early with Vino, Stephenson, and Green all playing.

We've seen that 0 times since.
    It might work for a game or two. But this has been a problem all last year too. Kubiak/Dennison came in here to install a dominant run game, and it's worse than when Manning was back there with dudes like McGahee and Moreno. It's awful. But worse is the stubbornness to keep doing it.

The injuries to the line have screwed everything up. This offense is built around running the ball effectively, and using PAP for the majority of the down field throws. Nobody is going to buy on the play fakes until they get burnt.

Also, I would like to see some more misdirection and runs outside. You can't create cutback lanes running up the middle everyplay. I hardly recognize the crap we saw today, it looked like a cheap replica of the offense Broncos fans have grown to love.