Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    The injuries to the line have screwed everything up. This offense is built around running the ball effectively, and using PAP for the majority of the down field throws. Nobody is going to buy on the play fakes until they get burnt.

Also, I would like to see some more misdirection and runs outside. You can't create cutback lanes running up the middle everyplay. I hardly recognize the crap we saw today, it looked like a cheap replica of the offense Broncos fans have grown to love.
    It's odd it looked like a Manning led offense with no Manning.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

The issue is that whenever janovich is on the field teams are playing the run all the way, which is why it had been getting stuffed and the o line isn't too great either. They need to start throwing the short passes to replace the run game cuz the production is abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    It's odd it looked like a Manning led offense with no Manning.
    It did have that stupid hybrid feel to it, didn't it? Problem is that we are missing that Manning brain on the field, which isn't a knock on Trevor, for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by kapzk View Post
    The issue is that whenever janovich is on the field teams are playing the run all the way, which is why it had been getting stuffed and the o line isn't too great either. They need to start throwing the short passes to replace the run game cuz the production is abysmal.
    That's when our two receivers or tight ends need to win, you can throw with a fullback in

It did have that stupid hybrid feel to it, didn't it? Problem is that we are missing that Manning brain on the field, which isn't a knock on Trevor, for obvious reasons.
    I agree. I honestly don't want the Manning Offense anyway. If we're going to implement the kubiak/shanny offense we should just run it.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

I agree. I honestly don't want the Manning Offense anyway. If we're going to implement the kubiak/shanny offense we should just run it.
    I miss those bootlegs sooo much.

here we go, "I don't want a lot of points, I want bootlegs once a game" arguments.

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    We missed Janovich big time.

I agree with the sentiment that when he's on the field, teams are immediately keying on the run. That doesn't have to be the case though.. Jano has shown he can catch the ball, and those FB dives are hella sneaky. Our offense was clicking with him on the field it seemed. I loved the idea of bringing a true fullback option back into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605 View Post
    here we go, "I don't want a lot of points, I want bootlegs once a game" arguments.
    What do you want? McDaniels dink and dunk? Or John Fox/Adam Gase 3rd down screens?

Agreed, I think play calling has been a huge issue these last two weeks. More so than the scheme itself certainly. If you play conservative on offense, you will get conservative results. We failed to take advantage of two subpar defenses in consecutive weeks playing that style, perhaps it's time to change it up?

Agreed, I think play calling has been a huge issue these last two weeks. More so than the scheme itself certainly. If you play conservative on offense, you will get conservative results. We failed to take advantage of two subpar defenses in consecutive weeks playing that style, perhaps it's time to change it up?
    Well it doesn't help when our receivers drop and fumble every other pass. There's nothing to change it to. Unless we give to Hemannuel every play.

Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    We missed Janovich big time.

I agree with the sentiment that when he's on the field, teams are immediately keying on the run. That doesn't have to be the case though.. Jano has shown he can catch the ball, and those FB dives are hella sneaky. Our offense was clicking with him on the field it seemed. I loved the idea of bringing a true fullback option back into the game.
    Absolutely! Tendencies can work in your favor with a little creativity. Then boom, it's no longer a tendency, it's multiple possibilites. It would be nice to see a curve ball once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Well it doesn't help when our receivers drop and fumble every other pass. There's nothing to change it to. Unless we give to Hemannuel every play.
    True story, but sadly, if you can't count on your guys to execute, there's really not much to talk about. A coaches job is to put the players in a position to succeed. A players job is to use that created position to succeed. I say we give DT stickum lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    What do you want? McDaniels dink and dunk? Or John Fox/Adam Gase 3rd down screens?
    well, last year I wanted the Manning offense. I was told we shouldn't because of an N=1 sample size where we lost big. It happened to be the super bowl, whatevs.

This year, I don't. We don't have Manning. But we have a QB that I feel is more talented (and smart) than people think, but also two elite WRs, some capable TEs, and RBs who can do stuff in space. The offense line is sub-optimal, but better at pass blocking than run blocking. We don't run the ball well to set the tempo, only when we already have some tempo and the D is off-balance. So I want a pass to set up the run philosophy. But we need a rhythm based passing attack. You need to mix up screens (WR and RB), slants, seem routes, back shoulders, timing patterns, get the TEs involved. I see no effort to hep Siemian in these basic aspects. If you do run, how about some pitches or stretches once in a while. Maybe a reverse once a game early on to get the D thinking about it. I mean....this all seems basic. Every pass attempt is a 7 step drop back looking down the field on 3rd and 10 because we ran the ball between the tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605 View Post
    well, last year I wanted the Manning offense. I was told we shouldn't because of an N=1 sample size where we lost big. It happened to be the super bowl, whatevs.

This year, I don't. We don't have Manning. But we have a QB that I feel is more talented (and smart) than people think, but also two elite WRs, some capable TEs, and RBs who can do stuff in space. The offense line is sub-optimal, but better at pass blocking than run blocking. We don't run the ball well to set the tempo, only when we already have some tempo and the D is off-balance. So I want a pass to set up the run philosophy. But we need a rhythm based passing attack. You need to mix up screens (WR and RB), slants, seem routes, back shoulders, timing patterns, get the TEs involved. I see no effort to hep Siemian in these basic aspects. If you do run, how about some pitches or stretches once in a while. Maybe a reverse once a game early on to get the D thinking about it. I mean....this all seems basic. Every pass attempt is a 7 step drop back looking down the field on 3rd and 10 because we ran the ball between the tackles.
    I agree with the latter half of you statement, but it's hard to pass to set up the run game when our receivers have bricks for hands. Unless you mean to pass it to Emmanuel Sanders all the time.