Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Leadership.

/thread

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    I agree with the latter half of you statement, but it's hard to pass to set up the run game when our receivers have bricks for hands. Unless you mean to pass it to Emmanuel Sanders all the time.
    I think Norwood has actually looked pretty good in the receiving game. DT is really the only guy I'm never surprised to see drop a pass. I don't think we can label Sunshine quite yet, and nobody else has really earned that rep yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    Leadership.

/thread
    I think this is spot on, and sadly, I'm not sure who on this team can fill that void. I feel like Sanders should be one of those guys on offense, and Trevor needs to learn quick. On defense, Ware is the guy, but someone has to step up in his place. We have too many accomplished vets to lack leadership on this team that just won a Superbowl.

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605 View Post
    well, last year I wanted the Manning offense. I was told we shouldn't because of an N=1 sample size where we lost big. It happened to be the super bowl, whatevs.

This year, I don't. We don't have Manning. But we have a QB that I feel is more talented (and smart) than people think, but also two elite WRs, some capable TEs, and RBs who can do stuff in space. The offense line is sub-optimal, but better at pass blocking than run blocking. We don't run the ball well to set the tempo, only when we already have some tempo and the D is off-balance. So I want a pass to set up the run philosophy. But we need a rhythm based passing attack. You need to mix up screens (WR and RB), slants, seem routes, back shoulders, timing patterns, get the TEs involved. I see no effort to hep Siemian in these basic aspects. If you do run, how about some pitches or stretches once in a while. Maybe a reverse once a game early on to get the D thinking about it. I mean....this all seems basic. Every pass attempt is a 7 step drop back looking down the field on 3rd and 10 because we ran the ball between the tackles.
    Totally agree. I think one of the biggest problems we had in this game was that whole first half the Chargers absolutely iced our offense with 7 and 10 minute drives or whatever they were. We barely got the opportunity to find that rhythm. Later in the game we were hitting those short passes, setting up those draw plays that were reeeally working. I agree that with the way our team is built, especially with how poor our oline is, that we should be a pass first team that sets up a strong running game. You can execute today's quick passing game with a shaky oline. Trevor has a sick quick release that more elite quarterbacks use against us to negate our pass rush all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    I think Norwood has actually looked pretty good in the receiving game. DT is really the only guy I'm never surprised to see drop a pass. I don't think we can label Sunshine quite yet, and nobody else has really earned that rep yet.
    So you're saying the missing piece is some gorilla glue?

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    It's odd it looked like a Manning led offense with no Manning.
    Yeah, it was eerie. They simply clogged up the middle and we couldn't move the chains.

If our line is so bad, I don't see why we'd be opposed to the modern quick passing game that McDaniel's uses given that their Oline isn't great any more. Trevor's release is a lot like Brady's.

I'm still trying to figure out what was more sickening.... the OL play,
    the play calling, or Trevor
    consistently throwing 5 yard passes on third and 11.

Dennison, all 5 OL, and TS need to go. If there aren't changes, we have the worst QB, OL, play caller in the NFL (and this means DEN is susceptible to lose any time they take the field). We haven't score a TD it seems in the first 3 quarters of football all season.
    Last edited by fraguela09; 10-13-2016 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    Totally agree. I think one of the biggest problems we had in this game was that whole first half the Chargers absolutely iced our offense with 7 and 10 minute drives or whatever they were. We barely got the opportunity to find that rhythm. Later in the game we were hitting those short passes, setting up those draw plays that were reeeally working. I agree that with the way our team is built, especially with how poor our oline is, that we should be a pass first team that sets up a strong running game. You can execute today's quick passing game with a shaky oline. Trevor has a sick quick release that more elite quarterbacks use against us to negate our pass rush all the time.
    And then whenever things got working.............penalty............
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

I was saying it all night in gameday thread. I also made a post about it. Janovich made our run game so nice. And all of a sudden we go away from the? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what was more sickening.... the OL play,
    the play calling, or Trevor
    consistently throwing 5 yard passes on third and 11.

Dennison, all 5 OL, and TS need to go. If there aren't changes, we have the worst QB, OL, play caller in the NFL (and this means DEN is susceptible to lose any time they take the field). We haven't score a TD it seems in the first 3 quarters of football all season.
    I can tell you now, Trevor is not the problem. He's young and may miss some things, but that's to be expected. Don't be jaded by how Prescott and Wentz are playing. They are both playing behind two of the best OL's in the league and have the similar conservative game plans in place to protect them. If they were facing quick pressure and hits on almost every drop back, they would look either the same or worse than Trevor. You want to know why he threw the check down passes on 3rd and long? Watch those plays on All-22 and it explains everything. That was his only option to not throw an into solid zone coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by kapzk View Post
    The issue is that whenever janovich is on the field teams are playing the run all the way, which is why it had been getting stuffed and the o line isn't too great either. They need to start throwing the short passes to replace the run game cuz the production is abysmal.
    When Howard Griffith played for Denver he was also a pass catching threat at the FB postion..just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    The real issue is we completely abandoned the run cj had like 12 and booker had 5. With the philosophy we seem to want we cant only run the ball 17 times
    Abandoning the run is not what we did. Getting our back swallowed up in the backfield on 1st down kinda makes it hard to stick with it on 2nd, 3rd and long don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    The real missing piece is Alex Gibbs

In Deed!!!

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    I agree. I honestly don't want the Manning Offense anyway. If we're going to implement the kubiak/shanny offense we should just run it.
    You saw what that offense looked like and it was a failure. Kubiak is trying to take this team back 20 years and in todays game it just won't work. It did not work when he was the coach of the Texans, and it won't work here.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God