Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    I can tell you now, Trevor is not the problem. He's young and may miss some things, but that's to be expected. Don't be jaded by how Prescott and Wentz are playing. They are both playing behind two of the best OL's in the league and have the similar conservative game plans in place to protect them. If they were facing quick pressure and hits on almost every drop back, they would look either the same or worse than Trevor. You want to know why he threw the check down passes on 3rd and long? Watch those plays on All-22 and it explains everything. That was his only option to not throw an into solid zone coverage.
    Prescott and Wentz will have bad games too, just wait

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Sitoke View Post
    Abandoning the run is not what we did. Getting our back swallowed up in the backfield on 1st down kinda makes it hard to stick with it on 2nd, 3rd and long don't you think?
    Yes, trying to force the run is the problem, way too many wasted downs.

From my point of view, I saw a much bigger SD Oline manhandle our front 7 and also saw Todd Davis get torched all day long. We looked exactly like we did the few years leading to Shanahans firing. Same RB screens when we overpursue and TE middle routes that lbs fail to cover.

We're not missing anything but our head coach. We've fell behind 2 games in a row and let's be honest. That's not what we're good at or used to doing. So on a short week without our head coach WHO IS OUR PLAYCALLER. With Siemen recovering from his shoulder injury. I'm not worried about it. Everybody loses a game here or there. Next Monday we will get back on track. You don't think that Siemen and our D want to show up Ozweiler on MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL ?? We will dominate that game and will have our most complete game yet and everybody will be back on the train. I think we all get spoiled by having such a good team that anytime we play one bad game or two everybody freaks out. RELAX EVERYBODY.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605 View Post
    well, last year I wanted the Manning offense. I was told we shouldn't because of an N=1 sample size where we lost big. It happened to be the super bowl, whatevs.

This year, I don't. We don't have Manning. But we have a QB that I feel is more talented (and smart) than people think, but also two elite WRs, some capable TEs, and RBs who can do stuff in space. The offense line is sub-optimal, but better at pass blocking than run blocking. We don't run the ball well to set the tempo, only when we already have some tempo and the D is off-balance. So I want a pass to set up the run philosophy. But we need a rhythm based passing attack. You need to mix up screens (WR and RB), slants, seem routes, back shoulders, timing patterns, get the TEs involved. I see no effort to hep Siemian in these basic aspects. If you do run, how about some pitches or stretches once in a while. Maybe a reverse once a game early on to get the D thinking about it. I mean....this all seems basic. Every pass attempt is a 7 step drop back looking down the field on 3rd and 10 because we ran the ball between the tackles.
    The problem you're failing to grasp with the "we should call all of this instead" thinking is that you don't know what the defense is giving you and what they're taking away. Screens are not a high success play against defenses that are playing passive, like the Chargers were. Back shoulder passes are QB touch passes v specific defenders/defenses, just calling a back shoulder pass doesn't make it anything. The Broncos have run stretch, with mixed results. Booker has done it well (because he beat a defender who played stretch perfectly) Anderson has not.

Slants and seam routes are great, against specific defenses. If the defense is playing tight or press with an inside technique a slant is a horrible play call. And that doesn't even take into account that the Broncos run choice/read routes, there is no 1 set pattern, but patterns based on what your defender does.

Finally the last point, and the biggest issue that this offense has right now, teams don't need to respect the Broncos QBs. Siemian has shown a massive tendency to check down and take the safe play, so defenses give him that safe play underneath and then run up and make the tackle. You gladly give space on short routes if you know it's a lock that the QB will go there with the ball. Until Siemian can start beating defenses on the intermediate and deeper patterns, there's no reason to change anything up. You can call the best play of all-time, but unless the QB takes a chance, and the other players prove they can execute it, it means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    The injuries to the line have screwed everything up. This offense is built around running the ball effectively, and using PAP for the majority of the down field throws. Nobody is going to buy on the play fakes until they get burnt.

Also, I would like to see some more misdirection and runs outside. You can't create cutback lanes running up the middle everyplay. I hardly recognize the crap we saw today, it looked like a cheap replica of the offense Broncos fans have grown to love.
    I agree. The line is absolutely terrible. Not having Janovich in definitely did not help,and not having a healthy Virgil Green the last couple weeks hasn't helped either.

We need to completely re-do our offensive line this season, use a couple high picks on linemen. I may not have been paying much attention, but has Connor McGovern played at all?

Sambrailo obviously isn't healthy. If there is also a weak spot on coaching on our team, I think it may be oline seeing as how unprepared the backups seem to be when they're inevitably called upon, but the line has also dealt with plenty of adversity.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
    Yeah, it was eerie. They simply clogged up the middle and we couldn't move the chains.
    Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    Totally agree. I think one of the biggest problems we had in this game was that whole first half the Chargers absolutely iced our offense with 7 and 10 minute drives or whatever they were. We barely got the opportunity to find that rhythm. Later in the game we were hitting those short passes, setting up those draw plays that were reeeally working. I agree that with the way our team is built, especially with how poor our oline is, that we should be a pass first team that sets up a strong running game. You can execute today's quick passing game with a shaky oline. Trevor has a sick quick release that more elite quarterbacks use against us to negate our pass rush all the time.
    We never saw any sort of uptempo shift once we were kept off the field for such a long drive. It blew me away. We should have seen the offense we saw in the last 5 mins right after their first long drive. Our offense was again had no imagination and didn't help our situation.

Can any of you X's and O's folks explain why our first 4 games were more successful and our last 2 weren't. Trevor seemed to be able to throw really well against CIN and the pocket seemed to hold for him. What has been the difference? We really haven't been able to run the ball successfully all season either so what are we doing differently than last year?
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Can any of you X's and O's folks explain why our first 4 games were more successful and our last 2 weren't. Trevor seemed to be able to throw really well against CIN and the pocket seemed to hold for him. What has been the difference? We really haven't been able to run the ball successfully all season either so what are we doing differently than last year?
    Video. Teams have seen how to defend the Broncos with Siemian as QB, now it's up to the Broncos to prove they can adjust and beat the defense. Teams know that Siemian has a tendency to check down and take the safe pass, so they're more than happy to leave those somewhat uncovered and run up and make the tackle before any serious yards are gained. The Broncos need to run the ball better to get the defense playing tighter, and then the offense needs to be able to successfully work intermediate routes (10 to 15 yards).

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    Touche'............
    Did you just want to say touche there? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    The real missing piece is Alex Gibbs
    Agreed 2 years I have watched our current OL coach struggle under two different coaches and GM

Going on third year.

Have seen the same OL players do bad and do good.

It seems like coaching to me