Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

DT is getting worse by the game

Another key fumble.... another pathetic attempt to catch a pass (did you see when he didn't even reach for a ball that was thrown right to him, allowing a ball over the middle to sail right by).

He is a complete non-factor in our GL offense.

Man... There's just no way we can have this production at that cost. Let's hope he gets dealt for a pick by the deadline (to CLE perhaps for Thomas).

Now.... I get the OL and QB he plays with is the worst combo in the NFL....
    Still, DT is rarely open. And, if we stink this much with him.... might as well send him to PHi or MiNny or someplace for a draft pick.

It's imperative we focus on improving the OL now. We need to do it before we squander this defense and before we ruin the development of Lynch.

There's no reason to shell
    Out nearly 20 mil for a WR who is a ghost when we get in the RZ, who drops and fumbles, and whose days of consistently separating from his man is over.

We have the RB group, Green and ES, and WRs are a dime
    a dozen. So, let's she's the cap hit and let's trade this asset so we can build an OL.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Now.... I get the OL and QB he plays with is the worst combo in the NFL....
    Still, DT is rarely open. And, if we stink this much with him.... might as well send him to PHi or MiNny or someplace for a draft pick.

It's imperative we focus on improving the OL now. We need to do it before we squander this defense and before we ruin the development of Lynch.

There's no reason to shell
    Out nearly 20 mil for a WR who is a ghost when we get in the RZ, who drops and fumbles, and whose days of consistently separating from his man is over.

We have the RB group, Green and ES, and WRs are a dime
    a dozen. So, let's she's the cap hit and let's trade this asset so we can build an OL.
    Although I disagree with you about the QB (and you know that, it's OK) - I can't really disagree about your over-all WR comments.
    I too hated the day we inked that deal for DT. I really like him; he is talented. I just have a problem paying big money for the WR position. I look at the Decker deal in NY and think... That is about the right way to do it. Look at New England... They NEVER over pay for anyone & no one is bigger than the organization. Sure, NE is big corpo... But it seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncodoodle View Post
    Although I disagree with you about the QB (and you know that, it's OK) - I can't really disagree about your over-all WR comments.
    I too hated the day we inked that deal for DT. I really like him; he is talented. I just have a problem paying big money for the WR position. I look at the Decker deal in NY and think... That is about the right way to do it. Look at New England... They NEVER over pay for anyone & no one is bigger than the organization. Sure, NE is big corpo... But it seems to work.
    Amen. Our only chance to salvage this season is to flip assets to
    Improve the OL and ILB spots. Otherwise, DEN will squander this defense and ruin the development of TS or PL.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Amen. Our only chance to salvage this season is to flip assets to
    Improve the OL and ILB spots. Otherwise, DEN will squander this defense and ruin the development of TS or PL.
    Agree, just not sure where we take our medicine... Clearly it's DT and I believe we are shackled by some dead money in Peyton.
    There is a part of me that thinks Marshall's play has been hindered since this whole kneeling @ the anthem business.
    I just wish we had the patience to build an O Line like Dallas did or pay for one... Mack sure looks good in ATL. I just hate that we pay money for skill position players when the game is always win in the trenches. Offense or defense.

I wanted Mack too, but Paradis played so well down the stretch last year the front office was forced into hoping for the best with him. Unfortuntaley, he's proving that he isn't Nalen....

I think we should revisit the Thomas trade. Start there. Then we just draft OL in the first round next year and sign another in free agency.

It just irks me that we could have signed guys like Mack and Oher. Then paid Orlando Franklin and kicked him inside at G. I'm loving Okung over Clady and we should have kept Mathis.
    Boom - all pro O Line built in one or two years. Granted, hindsight is 20-20

Need a punter too

You know I'm not happy with DT'd performance last night either but people always want to bash him and not sanders.

Where the heck was sanders all night last night with his new contract extension?

He was a complete no show until 21-3 in the fourth quarter.

It wasn't just DT that couldn't get open against one of the leagues worst defenses

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    You know I'm not happy with DT'd performance last night either but people always want to bash him and not sanders.

Where the heck was sanders all night last night with his new contract extension?

He was a complete no show until 21-3 in the fourth quarter.

It wasn't just DT that couldn't get open against one of the leagues worst defenses
    Sanders showed more heart in his no show game than DT has almost his entire career.

DTs contract was Elways worst decision as a GM, and honestly I can't wait until he finds a way out of this bloody contract.

Quote Originally Posted by IAMRED View Post
    Sanders showed more heart in his no show game than DT has almost his entire career.

DTs contract was Elways worst decision as a GM, and honestly I can't wait until he finds a way out of this bloody contract.
    Why because he came in for one 6 yard out route and then left immediately again?

He had 1 less catch but 5 more total yards.

His numbers on the year are worse. And it's not like his contract is chump change.

I'm not going to sit here and preach up DT but sanders isn't earning his keep either.

The biggest issue with DT is that to really take advantage of him, you need to get the ball downfield. To get the ball downfield, you need a play that develops longer. And to get into a play that develops longer (I hope you get where this is going.......), you need better protection for the QB. That was evident last year when Manning could no longer throw his way around the poor protection and lull people to sleep with short passes, then open them up with a deep pass to DT. So when you start using your 6'3' 225lb receiver in slot duty and short crossing routes, you get him slaughtered, as he's not shifty enough to avoid a big collision, like most slot receivers can. And even then, all the great one's suffered from multiple concussions (Welker, Edleman. Royal, Ammendola, etc...). So the "issue" with DT is directly related to the protection of the QB and his ability get him the ball. When the protection is there, 100yard and multiple touchdown games. When no protection, last week and last night is what you get. And ES didn't have a good game either. he was pretty much shut down for 3/4's of the game. Why no rabble rabble? It's different?

Also the fumble. If u really believe that fumble made any shred of a difference, I have a bridge to sell you. This game was over in the second quarter. That fumble was a perfectly placed hit right on the ball, That he was protecting with his body, btw. There's not a player in the league that wouldn't have fumbled that ball. But the game was truly over the play before when Schofield whiffed on Bosa and he rocked Trevor.

And I saw someone mention the pass in the endzone. The one that was tipped and off target. How exactly was he supposed to catch that? The pass was no where near his hands when he went up for the catch. It was thrown early, because of pressure on Trevor, and high to the inside, again because of pressure.

So some of us like to huff & puff and rabble, rabble without actually paying attention to the play and how each player moves the defense. You want to know what DT does, I've challenged all you who "think we should cut or trade DT" to prove it on the ALL-22. Because without him, they can just funnel ES and beat him to a pulp and cover everyone else man-man and we lose that battle every time.

I think DT will get it together and have another good year. And I thank Ole' #7 for giving Our young QB's a pair of elite WR's.

DT does not seem to be performing to justify his pay. If he was traded, I am not sure who would want him with his price tag. I hope he gets things together.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Why because he came in for one 6 yard out route and then left immediately again?

He had 1 less catch but 5 more total yards.

His numbers on the year are worse. And it's not like his contract is chump change.

I'm not going to sit here and preach up DT but sanders isn't earning his keep either.
    Sanders never fumbled the football. Sanders didn't drop a catch in the corner of the end zone for 6.

DT is easily the most overpaid WR outside of the top 10