Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 604
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,774
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    To whoever CP'd me without signing it

    You may not like that it's his money, but it's his money to spend as he pleases. Sounds like a bit of envy to be honest...

    Sure it's his money. Doesn't that piss you off too? It's not like he's earning it
    I love those unsigned lectures.

    No envy from us....just asking him to earn his salary.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,774
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I am watching AJ Green own the Pats secondary.... making tough catches... I wish DT was that good.
    And JJ, who the famed Seattle backfield gave up 7 catches for 139 yards and 1 TD to.......and lets not forget to tack on another 40 yards or so, or equivalent in a PI on Sherman that should have given Atlanta a great chance to go on to win the game.

    So yah, when games get tough the elite players do their thing. DT was often like that, 2 or 3 years back.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,465
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Great posts y'all.

    Thanks for putting things in perspective.
    Thanks. If Ware would have been healthy the Broncos would be 6-0

    Update:

    Falcons could not win back to back games - very tough on the road against two great defenses.

    Raiders were being hyped as if they were already in the playoffs - lost at home to the Chiefs.

    The Packers in Lambeau Field with the great Aaron Rodgers were dominated by the Cowboys. ARod looked a little like Sanchez today - intercepted and fumbled.

    Can't script this stuff and that's why we love football. Let's get the W on MNF. We are traveling to Denver for the game so the Broncos MUST win

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Thanks. If Ware would have been healthy the Broncos would be 6-0

    Update:

    Falcons could not win back to back games - very tough on the road against two great defenses.

    Raiders were being hyped as if they were already in the playoffs - lost at home to the Chiefs.

    The Packers in Lambeau Field with the great Aaron Rodgers were dominated by the Cowboys. ARod looked a little like Sanchez today - intercepted and fumbled.

    Can't script this stuff and that's why we love football. Let's get the W on MNF. We are traveling to Denver for the game so the Broncos MUST win
    Of course if my guy we're playing we'd be 6-0. I think we're missing him on the field and his leadership perhaps right now. He'll be back soon and all will be right with the world.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,465
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Of course if my guy we're playing we'd be 6-0. I think we're missing him on the field and his leadership perhaps right now. He'll be back soon and all will be right with the world.
    Guaranteed!!!

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    586
    I don't see how you can sit there and say he's not soft as a receiver. I don't think he has the fire that these other top 10 receivers do. He's just so calm about everything. He makes really hard catches then drops every single easy one. He can't get free on any of the worst secondaries in the league but Sanders has no problem. I don't know if it's how the play is made or what. Throw him some shorter passes and let him use his big figure to make guys miss tackles. Seems like all his catches are in garbage time where it doesn't matter

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    3,014
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMRED View Post
    Sanders never fumbled the football. Sanders didn't drop a catch in the corner of the end zone for 6.

    DT is easily the most overpaid WR outside of the top 10
    DT and Dez have always been mirrors of each other to me. Drafted right after each other. Would we be any happier with Dez? Dude is constantly hurt and missing meetings. There is no such thing as a perfect player. We make do with what we have. DT is a good WR who I think lets game flow dictate too often how much effort he puts into the game.

    DT has been clutch for us over the past many years. I think once we get the run game going again you are going to see DT's game pick up.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    2,985
    People feel like he played great last year, despite a lot of his stats coming in garbage time, and some people feel he is fine this year. Let's face some facts. He lead the league in drops last season. He's currently tied for the lead for fumbles dating back to the beginning of 2015. DT can make spectacular catches in garbage time or when nothing is on the line. But when we need him to deliver in the crunch, I trust Emmanuel Sanders far more to make the big plays that actually matter. Heck, as of right now I probably trust Jordan Norwood or Bennie Fowler to make the big play that matters over DT. Physically he should be by and far the best WR on the team, but he plays like an average joe most of the time tbh. We need to work on restructuring that deal ASAP or he may be on the way out, contract or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Of course if my guy we're playing we'd be 6-0. I think we're missing him on the field and his leadership perhaps right now. He'll be back soon and all will be right with the world.
    Your guy?
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    698
    DT is a good WR who I think lets game flow dictate too often how much effort he puts into the game.

    This ^^^ He's not mentally strong nor weak kind of in the middle. He can be a beast if he channels it

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    2,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Pack Mules View Post
    This ^^^ He's not mentally strong nor weak kind of in the middle. He can be a beast if he channels it
    You have to be an alpha dog to be an NFL starting WR. If he doesn't have the mental game, he might as well be a rotational player.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    8,274
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    And JJ, who the famed Seattle backfield gave up 7 catches for 139 yards and 1 TD to.......and lets not forget to tack on another 40 yards or so, or equivalent in a PI on Sherman that should have given Atlanta a great chance to go on to win the game.

    So yah, when games get tough the elite players do their thing. DT was often like that, 2 or 3 years back.

    See that's the problem right here. So you go on to say these things about JJ, yet fain to mention the ONE critical pass he failed to catch, that he clearly should've caught, before the interception that gave SEA the win? If that were DT, you would've crucified him! And not only that, you make excuses?

    How about even mentioning the fact that ATL has a much better OL and one of the better QB's in the league? Or mention the fact that Baby Shanny is calling plays that allow Ryan to take advantage of JJ's skill set, not 5 yard shallow crossing routes on 3rd and long with the opposing LB's playing 8-10 yards deep?

    No, those "minor" details don't fit your argument, do they? The things you all rip DT about, you turn blind eye to when praising another team's WR.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,926
    Quote Originally Posted by floridabroncos View Post
    You have to be an alpha dog to be an NFL starting WR. If he doesn't have the mental game, he might as well be a rotational player.
    It's just not his makeup. He's a humble, quiet guy. The opposite of a diva. I respect him very much as a man, but I wish he had a bit more swagger to his game, like Sanders.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    8,274
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    It's just not his makeup. He's a humble, quiet guy. The opposite of a diva. I respect him very much as a man, but I wish he had a bit more swagger to his game, like Sanders.
    Why? Why does he need more "swagger". Why not things like, better timing with the QB. Or more downfield routes to stretch the defense that are sitting on everything 8-10 yards out. Nope, you folks want............SWAGGA!!!!! Because "swagga" gets you in records with Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison. Because "swagga" puts you on pace to own every Bronco receiving record, right?

    That's the problem with these rabble, rabbles. Never anything substantial. Always stuff like, "I wish he had more swagger", "he's not tough", etc.......... Yet, especially across the last two seasons, all he's done is continue to put up consistently solid numbers and help this team compete for championships.

    And that's because there is no argument against DT of any substantial merit.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,774
    Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    See that's the problem right here. So you go on to say these things about JJ, yet fain to mention the ONE critical pass he failed to catch, that he clearly should've caught, before the interception that gave SEA the win? If that were DT, you would've crucified him! And not only that, you make excuses?

    How about even mentioning the fact that ATL has a much better OL and one of the better QB's in the league? Or mention the fact that Baby Shanny is calling plays that allow Ryan to take advantage of JJ's skill set, not 5 yard shallow crossing routes on 3rd and long with the opposing LB's playing 8-10 yards deep?

    No, those "minor" details don't fit your argument, do they? The things you all rip DT about, you turn blind eye to when praising another team's WR.

    I think what you are failing to do is admit that he is not in the same league as the receivers we mentioned. Lets just take all the other stuff out of the equation. One on one, he is not as effective as JJ or AJ or AB. He was once pretty comparative in terms of effectiveness, but not any longer. As for the what ifs.....what if he looked more assertive out there and did not drop catchable passes. Those things are on him.

    So, who would you rather have - JJ, AJ, AB or DT? Hey, I want DT to be the player he has been again, and he may show it from time to time, but will he show it almost every week, given the money he is making and the #1 role he needs to fulfill. If he does, I will be at the head of the line saying I am happy, and perhaps, too tough on him.
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-17-2016 at 06:39 AM.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,968
    Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    Why? Why does he need more "swagger". Why not things like, better timing with the QB. Or more downfield routes to stretch the defense that are sitting on everything 8-10 yards out. Nope, you folks want............SWAGGA!!!!! Because "swagga" gets you in records with Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison. Because "swagga" puts you on pace to own every Bronco receiving record, right?

    That's the problem with these rabble, rabbles. Never anything substantial. Always stuff like, "I wish he had more swagger", "he's not tough", etc.......... Yet, especially across the last two seasons, all he's done is continue to put up consistently solid numbers and help this team compete for championships.

    And that's because there is no argument against DT of any substantial merit.
    The effort- and at times, the lack of...........that is why people get upset about him.


    There is no denying his talent - see his stats
    There is also no denying his lack of focus or effort at times - see the film.

    Also pretty sure he said swagger- no need to put your own twist on it. A great definition of swagger is confident and aggressive...............two things we all wish DT would display as a WR more often.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •