Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    If his helmet isn't in front and he blocks him it's a block in the back penalty. Looking at pictures also doesn't tell the true story because you can't see how fast things are moving. Also the defender is moving to his left and towards the 6, it's not like he's standing still, there was no angle there for a block. When grading film he would not get a negative on that.
    What's hilarious is everyone who has been watching recently knows that we've been slammed with ticky tacky calls...If it's even close to being a block in the back....Stay away from it, because they will call us with it...It could be just barely on the line and we're going to get slammed with block in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    What's hilarious is everyone who has been watching recently knows that we've been slammed with ticky tacky calls...If it's even close to being a block in the back....Stay away from it, because they will call us with it...It could be just barely on the line and we're going to get slammed with block in the back.
    Exactly! 1. There's no point to risk it. Rather he does what he did and we get tackled inside the five than him taking a chance and being at the 20 yard line. And 2. The same one saying he should have made the block would be the same guy calling him out for a boneheaded play if he did get a block in the back there.

Great players make that block without drawing a penalty. They also don't drop easy catches. If he was expected to be an average player then ok but he is billed as a super star and he just doesn't play like one. Everyone keeps saying he has the potential and all the physical ability. But when you see him drop balls and a lot of times go off the field for rest after a hit the most players shake off, it makes people wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Playsmart View Post
    Great players make that block without drawing a penalty. They also don't drop easy catches. If he was expected to be an average player then ok but he is billed as a super star and he just doesn't play like one. Everyone keeps saying he has the potential and all the physical ability. But when you see him drop balls and a lot of times go off the field for rest after a hit the most players shake off, it makes people wonder
    Actually no one makes that block without getting a penalty, there's no angle and no room. It's funny, I predicted last night that people would turn what was a smart play into evidence against him. And here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

If you watch the play again, Eman cuts inside hoping to pick up the block from DT. He has plenty of angle to try and block (He's got the DB's entire left shoulder), instead he just watches Sanders get tackled. He is not "directly behind" the DB. The All-22 will be out shortly, and I'll bet someone a buffalo nickle he ran his route and then just turned around and watched...
    The only way to possibly make this block is by doing a "fly by" run by the defender and rip your arm closest to him through, essentially giving him your back but not contacting him in anyway. But even then, the defender is too close to Sanders and has a great angle so he would have probably ended up hitting Sanders had he attempted that.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    But DT accounts for nearly 30% of that yac for the team. And his yac is nearly double what sanders has.

Plus he now has 1 more td than sanders. Yet all people want to point at is one drop and that sanders has 43 more yards.
    but I'm not commenting on his worth...im talking about play selection/routes that put wrs in a position to get the ball on the move and get yac

The only way to possibly make this block is by doing a "fly by" run by the defender and rip your arm closest to him through, essentially giving him your back but not contacting him in anyway. But even then, the defender is too close to Sanders and has a great angle so he would have probably ended up hitting Sanders had he attempted that.
    Exactly. Not sure many of these guys passed geometry. I think they're looking at this picture and not taking into account for the fact that the defender isn't going to sit still.

In the event Denver can sustain the rushing attack of last night, having Thomas and Sanders either in 21 or 12 personnel formations will put pressure on the opposing secondary to cover them since they command attention. DCs will need to choose between zone/combo and Cover 1/0. The best solution might be Deep Thirds/Man Under.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Playsmart View Post
    Calvin Johnson dropped a top of passes. Are you saying that he wasn't a superstar?
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Right, last night you go with what worked and what worked was pounding the ball down their throats. We had the blessing last night of facing a team that couldn't tee off against our weaknesses due to being decimated by injuries. We've gotta be able to take those shots.

The way this plays into DT is by not being able to take those deep shots, the defense is playing close expecting quick plays. This takes away 1/2 of his bread and butter.

DT thrives on two things, making huge plays off of quick screens and a big play ability downfield. Since we aren't taking shots down field that negates part of his abilities, since the defense KNOWS we aren't taking shots down field, that negates the other part. There were several plays where we tried to do quick screens to DT and the defenders had him wrapped up before he could even complete the catch.

Bouye was eating DT alive when we tried to get the short game going because there is no deep game... I recognize what you said earlier, that the play doesn't have time to develop due to the o-line not buying enough time.

Now I can get to the final part of pointing out just how much every aspect of our struggles (both with DT, the run game, ect... ties back to our poor o-line limiting our play calling.)

It's all connected and once the o-line starts performing better, the entire team will. I think we've got so much talent at QB, WR, RB, ect... that once the o-line stops holding us back, this team is going to be fun to watch.
    We cannot always point the issues at the offensive line. I understand your overall point. Watching the 4th quarter play when DT had a chance to make the first down. The line protected Siemian who in turn made a great throw. DT was already turned and had position on the DB - ball was right there. That catch is the type of game ending first down we needed. DT knew it when he slapped his hands together - he knew he should make that catch. On that play everyone did their job except DT.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Exactly. Not sure many of these guys passed geometry. I think they're looking at this picture and not taking into account for the fact that the defender isn't going to sit still.
    The play/block he could have made was before the point in the play the picture was taken.He was behind DT at one point and inside the hash marks and ran by him as DT watched Sanders run up field.You do not watch plays you make them.The he walks right by Sanders and doesnt help him up.Thats cool though because and Olineman runs right by 35 yards down field and helps him up..an Olineman!

They guy has played like T-Total you know what this season! 62.3 grade on PFF. Sanders 81.8 and has been on the field for 30 more run plays than DT.. I wonder who blocks better if the coaches want him on the field when they run out of single WR sets!
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-25-2016 at 09:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

For what it is worth..
    today on Denver Radio...
    Big Alfred Williams said he was tired of the DT excuses....
    said "Everybody is hurting this time of the season.. gotta play through it."
    -
    His radio partner, Goober, was on the field...
    near the tunnel... and had this to say... and I paraphrase...
    -
    "DT could not wait to get off the field. Before the final few plays..
    DT was already in the tunnel...
    by the end of the game.. DT was in the locker room.
    Deal is...." said Goober.." as I watched him leave the field... into the tunnel...
    I saw him hobbling along.... hobbling.. like an old man."

-
    Hey.. just relaying what Goober said on the radio.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

So the reason he can't catch passes with his hands is because his legs hurt? Sure.... makes sense

Would everyone trying to bag on me about what I said say they were wrong if even DT knew he was wrong?

NOT ONLY did he stop running his route when he realized he wasn't getting the ball, when he was face to face with the defender he let the defender push him out of the way.

Oh, and pay close attention to DT telling Eman "my bad" at the end of the play.

Someone owes me a a nickle, I've already collected on one

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Would everyone trying to bag on me about what I said say they were wrong if even DT knew he was wrong?

NOT ONLY did he stop running his route when he realized he wasn't getting the ball, when he was face to face with the defender he let the defender push him out of the way.

Oh, and pay close attention to DT telling Eman "my bad" at the end of the play.

Someone owes me a a nickle, I've already collected on one
    You don't need to defend the fact that DT is a less than elite over expense.