Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    #1: I think bolstering the OL is essential for the way this offense operates. If one day this Broncos OL is in the conversation for top OLs in the league, then we will really enjoy this offense.

#2: Considering the ideal number of pass attempts per week in this system, I think we can do pretty well with a cheaper WR opposite Sanders. There are tons of good WRs available every year in the draft and they come with great rookie contracts. I think it's much harder to find OL, especially with how college offenses are playing nowadays. WRs come in bunches. Now look at how hard it is to find OL in the draft. The WR will get some catches here and there with today's rules. With OL, there is no gray area. If the guy can't block properly, he can't play at all.

So, it's a combination of bolstering the OL + being able to produce with a cheaper option at WR paired with Sanders. To be honest, we don't even know what Fowler can do. He played pretty good last season, but he's rarely targeted. Jorday Taylor is 6'5", there must be something he can do in the redzone and goal line against smaller DBs. Peyton Manning had high praise for Taylor, but Kubiak wants to throw 25 times and it looks like 20 of those passes go to Sanders and DT.

In 2008, with a similar system, the Broncos had the #2 offense in yards with a very young group - Cutler, Kuper, Clady, Marshall, Royal, Scheffler, Hillis, etc. Our OL had a great season and Jay Cutler was the least sacked QB. Daniel Graham was a very good blocking TE. Casey Wiegmann was a Pro Bowl selection. Chris Kuper and Ben Hamilton were pretty good OGs in the ZBS. Clady was a stud as a rookie. There were open holes for no matter who was playing RB, and we went through a lot of different RBs that year. Tatum Bell was in a kiosk selling cell phones and then ran for 5.7 YPC behind that line. We had a clear #1 WR in Brandon Marshall. The #2 WR was rookie Eddie Royal. That offense was awesome IMO, it's too bad the defense was the absolute worst in the league.
    Tatum Bell had his two longest career runs of 34 and 54 yards in the first game back after being signed. I remember that game well - it rained the entire day. We beat the Redskins that day.

That diving catch right there is exactly why Sanders will always be miles ahead of DT in both heart, and value.

Quote Originally Posted by IAMRED View Post
    That diving catch right there is exactly why Sanders will always be miles ahead of DT in both heart, and value.
    Not taking that away from sanders. Anyway, there are things he can do that DT cannot. But there are things DT can do that Sanders cannot. They work well together. Now, we just need the collective line and qb play to utilize that.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Not taking that away from sanders. Anyway, there are things he can do that DT cannot. But there are things DT can do that Sanders cannot. They work well together. Now, we just need the collective line and qb play to utilize that.
    Yes. There are things that DT can do that Sanders cannot.

It's called quitting.

I think that last catch stands by itself. But I'm sure someone will find something from it to hammer Thomas with. "He should have scored, an elite WR would have..."

It's called quitting.
    How naive... How about that crucial long catch huh? Could you be any more biased?

It's called quitting.
    How about the clutch catch?

It's called quitting.
    You are so far past looking at this objectively that it's not even funny...It's clear that nothing is ever going to satisfy you outside of him not being on the roster anymore. He could be leading the league in every category and it wouldn't make a dent.

I liked watching DT and Sanders congratulate each other after their respective big catches. I want to see more of that.

That catch by DT was a thing of beauty. That's what he's good at. Jump balls - go in the air and grab it. Spectacular grab. Give the man some love.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    That catch by DT was a thing of beauty. That's what he's good at. Jump balls - go in the air and grab it. Spectacular grab. Give the man some love.
    The thing on it is and I've said this 100 times already...When the o-line can't block, there isn't enough time for those plays to develop. Those plays also cause the defense to crowd the line which kills another DT staple (screens and short plays for large yardage) Great game for him, hopefully he can do it again next week so people will get off his butt...

Superstar catch !! Great job. Thats the DT we all want to see. I hope his gives him the confidence to play this way all season. Again Great job DT.....

Let's not forget the clutch catch he had on third down when the offense was pinned inside the 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Let's not forget the clutch catch he had on third down when the offense was pinned inside the 10.
    The one where CBS didn't show it, instead keeping the cam on Siemian the entire time?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The one where CBS didn't show it, instead keeping the cam on Siemian the entire time?
    I won't lie, I yelled at the TV for that.