Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Awe snap.. I totally forgot about him.. Love Dallas..
    Your right Peyton WAS BETTER THEN I MAKE HIM OUT TO BE.. RECORDS DONT LIE.. HE HOLDS THEM ALL TO SHOW WHY HES THE BEST TO EVER PLAY THE POSITION
    Where did he start to become good..um... yelp Indy .. with whom. yelp Peyton
    And as I recall this Spring training it was DT himself who went to Sanchez and told him about doing a mini camp before camp like Peyton did.. saw it on ESPN..
    So again w/o Peyton/ JT ..DT is 70 plus mill wasted. Can he get better? He only has one place to go and that's up cause hes becoming laughable.
    Your idea of "laughable" is insane. If you believe Thomas is laughable then you really do have no idea what you're talking about. People can discuss whether he's worth what he's paid, but he's a top 20 receiver (I'd actually say top 10, but I'm being generous to those who dislike him) if he were released tomorrow, pretty much every team would call and attempt to sign him.

However what is laughable is how you attempt to turn every single thread into a Manning debate.

Manning is retired. I've even seen commercials with him in a robe on Sunday mornings.

This thread is about Demaryius Thomas, not Peyton Manning. #88, not #18. The guy who catches footballs, not the one who threw them.

Great. Back on topic

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Manning is retired. I've even seen commercials with him in a robe on Sunday mornings.

This thread is about Demaryius Thomas, not Peyton Manning. #88, not #18. The guy who catches footballs, not the one who threw them.

Great. Back on topic

Great. Back on topic
    Anyone know how much he can restructure his contract to take less money? It's just absurd how much we're paying him. I get that he always draws the number 1 corner but still, he's not julio, brown or AJ green, not even close. It's like always paid him a boat load because DT is a "good guy".

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Anyone know how much he can restructure his contract to take less money? It's just absurd how much we're paying him. I get that he always draws the number 1 corner but still, he's not julio, brown or AJ green, not even close. It's like always paid him a boat load because DT is a "good guy".
    That sounds like JOE THOMAS money?!?

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    Stats don't tell the story.
    -
    Sanders leaves it all on the field..
    you see it every game...
    and it is right after a big contract.
    -
    DT only gives his all on certain plays...
    in certain situations.
    -
    This is pretty much the condensed iteration of my feelings on the matter.

You can see it. Little old E Sanders giving it ALL to make these catches every time every down every quarter every game.

Imagine if BIG OLE DT would. WOW - now that would be awesome
    Last edited by dizzolve; 10-20-2016 at 03:29 PM.
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

If they do the auto restructure then he's on the team longer because the money gets shoved down the road. In the NFL you either pay the cap price now or later, but you always pay.

Pretty much what Butler said. A restructuring of DT's contract does not change the contract value, it just spreads it out differently.

It's really not...He's making $14M this year which is still top 5, but it drops down to 12M for the two years following which won't even be top 10 money at that point....

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Your idea of "laughable" is insane. If you believe Thomas is laughable then you really do have no idea what you're talking about. People can discuss whether he's worth what he's paid, but he's a top 20 receiver (I'd actually say top 10, but I'm being generous to those who dislike him) if he were released tomorrow, pretty much every team would call and attempt to sign him.

However what is laughable is how you attempt to turn every single thread into a Manning debate.
    I didn't start the thread and to be honest I have NEVER complained about the guy from day 1.. I simply stated that he wasn't worth the money BEFORE they paid him and now I have simply stated why.. Heres the irony though to your post against me.. The thread itself.. hahaha My views have merit..

INDEED .. you nailed it..

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    This is pretty much the condensed iteration of my feelings on the matter.

You can see it. Little old E Sanders giving it ALL to make these catches every time every down every quarter every game.

Imagine if BIG OLE DT would. WOW - now that would be awesome
    You know how long DT would last diving around for passes like Sanders? Maybe half a game, and then we're paying all that money for him to spend time with the trainers. DT turns it on when he has to and I'd rather have him all year than for a few games. In the final minutes of a game with the outcome still undecided there aren't many receivers I'd take over DT, that's when he shines.

That's the problem..
    DT only shines off and on.
    -
    DT dropped a TON of Tebow's passes.
    He dropped passes off and on all through Manning's time.
    He dropped a ton last year.
    He is still hot and cold... hit and miss... this year.
    -
    I'm all for DT playing like he is a top 10 WR.
    I WANT him to Play like a top 10 WR.
    -
    Please, Demariyus...
    Monday Night...
    Play your heart out and shut all of us up.
    Go over the middle and PULL THE BALL IN...
    tuck it away tight....
    -
    PLEASE. Play like a top 10 WR....
    and compliment what Sanders is already doing... game in and out.
    Be there.. help out the young QB.
    -
    You being paid for your wisdom, experience, athleticism and LEADERSHIP.
    -
    Step up.. PLEASE.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Great. Back on topic
    Wait... I thought that this thread was REALLY about the guy who got paid $70mil to DROP footballs.

Btw... I really like DT as a person and I really WANT him to succeed as a player (especially a Bronco player). But he gets paid WAY too much money to drop balls. OBJ has had catches that were unbelievable. With the money that DT makes (and takes away from our salary cap)... I want to see him catch crazy balls too. Or hey... he could just start by catching the ones aimed right at his numbers or over his head that he's managed to drop. To quote Belichick... DO YOUR JOB! And your ridiculously highly-paid job is to CATCH balls.
    Last edited by Red_Label; 10-21-2016 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    You know how long DT would last diving around for passes like Sanders? Maybe half a game, and then we're paying all that money for him to spend time with the trainers. DT turns it on when he has to and I'd rather have him all year than for a few games. In the final minutes of a game with the outcome still undecided there aren't many receivers I'd take over DT, that's when he shines.
    What I like about Sanders is the fact that 99% of the time, he looks like he's giving it his everything to catch the ball. I always cringe when I see him going for a ball where everyone (including him) knows that he's going to pay dearly for those few yards. But I have mad respect for that. DT seems like he's playing flag football much of the time. That's beyond frustrating to watch.