Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Especially for the price tag. DT is a good receiver but not worth that tag. We could pay two very good offensive lineman and have some left over on that contact alone.
    Realistically DT will be on the roster until at least 2018 when the cap hit goes down to $7 million. Hopefully he'll improve. He makes some plays just not often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Realistically DT will be on the roster until at least 2018 when the cap hit goes down to $7 million. Hopefully he'll improve. He makes some plays just not often enough.
    Exactly.

For some reason, people can't seem to wrap their head around the fact that we will have a $13 million dollar cap hit if we Trade DT. I'm not talking about cutting him, I'm talking about TRADING him. And next year it's almost as bad.

Demariyus Thomas, for all intents and purposes, CANNOT be Traded. If the coaching staff thinks he can't play, then they need to bench him for someone who can. But DT, and his Contract, will be on this team until 2018. And there's nothing on God's green Earth that can change that simple fact.

To whoever CP'd me without signing it

You may not like that it's his money, but it's his money to spend as he pleases. Sounds like a bit of envy to be honest...
    Sure it's his money. Doesn't that piss you off too? It's not like he's earning it
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Exactly.

For some reason, people can't seem to wrap their head around the fact that we will have a $13 million dollar cap hit if we Trade DT. I'm not talking about cutting him, I'm talking about TRADING him. And next year it's almost as bad.

Demariyus Thomas, for all intents and purposes, CANNOT be Traded. If the coaching staff thinks he can't play, then they need to bench him for someone who can. But DT, and his Contract, will be on this team until 2018. And there's nothing on God's green Earth that can change that simple fact.
    We pretty much have to accept the situation. I may be wrong on this thought - I don't buy into the notion that we have to have DT playing to draw coverage. If Fowler or Taylor are on the field they have to be covered. Maybe DT would respond to being put behind other receivers.

We pretty much have to accept the situation. I may be wrong on this thought - I don't buy into the notion that we have to have DT playing to draw coverage. If Fowler or Taylor are on the field they have to be covered. Maybe DT would respond to being put behind other receivers.
    Yeah but Kevin Kasper had to be covered as well, but Rod Smith still drew all of the attention. People here act like Thomas is one of the worst receivers in the league and that defenses barely even notice him, which is completely false. If he's out now the defense turns everything to covering Sanders and that severely blunts his effectiveness.

There's a MASSIVE difference in talent between Fowler or Taylor and Thomas, and any team Denver plays going forward would be ecstatic to have one of them over Thomas, because now they only have to worry about Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Yeah but Kevin Kasper had to be covered as well, but Rod Smith still drew all of the attention. People here act like Thomas is one of the worst receivers in the league and that defenses barely even notice him, which is completely false. If he's out now the defense turns everything to covering Sanders and that severely blunts his effectiveness.

There's a MASSIVE difference in talent between Fowler or Taylor and Thomas, and any team Denver plays going forward would be ecstatic to have one of them over Thomas, because now they only have to worry about Sanders.
    Is DT massively more talented? I'm not asking the question to argue - I just don't see it with the way he plays. How would we know unless we see Fowler or Taylor play more? This is probably more my frustration with some of the plays I believe he should make along with the fumbles.

Maybe my expectations of DT are too high...
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 10-16-2016 at 02:15 PM.

Is DT really massively more talented? I'm not asking the question to argue - I just really don't see it with the way he plays. How would we know unless we see Fowler or Taylor play more?

Maybe my expectations of DT are too high...
    There's a reason Fowler and Taylor are buried on the depth chart, and it has nothing to do with contracts. Even if you don't find Thomas elite, which is fine, he's in the top 20 in receivers. Figuring that every team has 5 receivers on their roster (probably an understatement) that's 160 receivers, Taylor and Fowler are much closer to 160 than they are 20.

It's insane that anyone is comparing two receivers with a career total of 25 catches for 281 yards and 1 touchdown. To a guy who has 31 catches for 416 yards and 3 touchdowns this year. Absolutely insane!

It's fine for people to dislike Thomas and believe he's both overrated and overpaid, but comparing those three players is absolute hyperbole. It's the same as last year during the contract issue when people were declaring that Latimer could easily replicate what Thomas provides.

There's a reason Fowler and Taylor are buried on the depth chart, and it has nothing to do with contracts. Even if you don't find Thomas elite, which is fine, he's in the top 20 in receivers. Figuring that every team has 5 receivers on their roster (probably an understatement) that's 160 receivers, Taylor and Fowler are much closer to 160 than they are 20.

It's insane that anyone is comparing two receivers with a career total of 25 catches for 281 yards and 1 touchdown. To a guy who has 31 catches for 416 yards and 3 touchdowns this year. Absolutely insane!

It's fine for people to dislike Thomas and believe he's both overrated and overpaid, but comparing those three players is absolute hyperbole. It's the same as last year during the contract issue when people were declaring that Latimer could easily replicate what Thomas provides.
    I'm just frustrated with some of the plays he doesn't make, the fumbles and lack of toughness over the middle. On those routes I feel like he could be getting he offense in shorter yardage on 3rd down or 1st downs.

Not trying to compare Fowler and Taylor to DT - the idea that giving them more opportunities could spark DT to play better. He is talented and in no way would I make the case Fowler and Taylor. My frustration is more with DT not playing up to his talent...and that is only my opinion. Maybe he is playing well and I just don't see it.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Fowler and Taylor can do if they get more plays next week against Houston
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I'm just frustrated with some of the plays he doesn't make, the fumbles and lack of toughness over the middle. On those routes I feel like he could be getting he offense in shorter yardage on 3rd down or 1st downs.

Not trying to compare Fowler and Taylor to DT - the idea that giving them more opportunities could spark DT to play better. He is talented and in no way would I make the case Fowler and Taylor. My frustration is more with DT not playing up to his talent...and that is only my opinion. Maybe he is playing well and I just don't see it.
    I understand the frustration, I'm also frustrated, but my frustration is with the entire team, not just one player. I'm frustrated the offense as a whole is playing so poorly, and I'm frustrated that the defense can't off the field on third down, and in a lot of cases it's because they take bad penalties. Right now this looks like a selfish team, they need some players to step up and get the group to buy in.

I understand the frustration, I'm also frustrated, but my frustration is with the entire team, not just one player. I'm frustrated the offense as a whole is playing so poorly, and I'm frustrated that the defense can't off the field on third down, and in a lot of cases it's because they take bad penalties. Right now this looks like a selfish team, they need some players to step up and get the group to buy in.
    Well said. It really doesn't fall on one player like DT.

The NFL is tough and things change quickly. Look at today's games...

Bills started 0-2 and people were calling for Rex to be fired. They are 4-2.

Eagles and Wentz opened 3-0 and looked unstoppable. Now they are 3-2.

Ravens were squeezing out close games and started 3-0. They are 3-3 after losing to the Giants.

Giants started off looking like another long season for Eli. Now the G men are 3-3.

Steelers were supposed to overwhelm every defense with their superior offense. Now the Steelers have dropped 2 of 3.

People were talking about the end of Tannehill in Miami. He had a great game today.

New England was supposed to struggle without TB. Other than the clunker against the Bills they look dominant.

The Broncos need to use the extended time like a mini training camp. Get back to fundamentals. Only bing that matters is the next game (cliche but it is true).

Ravens were squeezing out close games and started 3-0. They are 3-3 after losing to the Giants.

Giants started off looking like another long season for Eli. Now the G men are 3-3.

Steelers were supposed to overwhelm every defense with their superior offense. Now the Steelers have dropped 2 of 3.

People were talking about the end of Tannehill in Miami. He had a great game today.

New England was supposed to struggle without TB. Other than the clunker against the Bills they look dominant.

The Broncos need to use the extended time like a mini training camp. Get back to fundamentals. Only bing that matters is the next game (cliche but it is true).
    Well said. Been on my mind for the longest time how a team progresses and finishes can be a very different team than from the start of the season. Here's to hoping the Broncos take these next few days with Kubiak coming back to really come together and become the Championship caliber team they were before.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Well said. Been on my mind for the longest time how a team progresses and finishes can be a very different team than from the start of the season. Here's to hoping the Broncos take these next few days with Kubiak coming back to really come together and become the Championship caliber team they were before.
    Cheers to getting back on track. Game against the Texans will say a lot about how the team responds to the poor showing last two weeks.

Great posts y'all.

Thanks for putting things in perspective.

I'm not sure anyone is blaming all the woes on DT. He's just not living up to his own abilities. He's not playing like receivers who get paid what he gets paid play. ...we knew when we lost both QB's we'd need him to step up and take charge. He's done nothing of the sort

... alligator arming (while Sanders puts his body on the line for this team)
    ... not using his huge frame to effect the game physically....... what a waste
    ... he's even getting caught from behind

Hey he's not the sole reason the offense is struggling, ..... but you can't blame anyone for being VERY unhappy with his effort, apparent interest in winning and just basic execution.

I'll even go so far as to say he's flat out soft. He is
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese