View Poll Results: How would you fix the Broncos Offensive Line?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fire Offensive Line Coach?

3 8.33%
  • Rotate and Reshuffle Offensive Line?

5 13.89%
  • Sign Other Offensive Linemen

17 47.22%
  • Other

11 30.56%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Changing the offense could result in Lynch not reaching his full potential. Kubiak drafted him with the belief he could learn and execute the offense.

In the games against the Falcons and Chargers the team fell behind early. The pass attempts accounted for 60% and 75%, respectively. Stephenson and Green were out vs. Falcons - Sambrailo was a significant contributor to Lynch's play. The team played on a short week and Siemian was not 100%. The line, especially Garcia, played poorly and committed too many penalties. Let's not forget Kubiak was not on the sideline coaching.

The team needs to improve execution and get back to running successfully. Against San Diego they abandoned the run almost entirely. The turnovers crushed any hope of a comeback.

The answer isn't changing the offense for one player - it is the entire unit executing better. Not sure there is an answer for Garcia but he needs to step up.

Trade for Joe Thomas, I bet the Browns would take Shaq Barrett and a 2nd now. Pull the trigger, slide Okung over to the right side, slide Stephenson down inside with Garcia and Paradis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Your boy Lynch was much worse than Siemian. College ball and college system do not translate well to the NFL. We already did that with Tebow and it was a disaster.

Your bias has you forgetting that our offense was even worse with Lynch at QB. Even if we did employ his college system, he'd hold on the ball for an eternity and get sacked or fumble. The system change alone does not guarantee Lynch success. The NFL defenders are much faster react much faster than college players.

You do understand that Siemian underthrew that Hail Mary because he's injured right? We've seen that he can throw the ball down the field. Just look at Thomas' 51 yard touchdown against the bengals. Throwing the deep ball requires the whole body to produce sufficient torque to deliver the ball. He's playing with a separated shoulder and thus, his mechanics are compromised. Unfortunately, your bias for Lynch leads you to forget this.
    I didn't think Siemian was ready to play so soon after a grade 3 separation (possible, unconfirmed). He honestly may still not be ready by next Sunday
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I didn't think Siemian was ready to play so soon after a grade 3 separation (possible, unconfirmed). He honestly may still not be ready by next Sunday
    Good thing we play Monday then!

Find trading partners and trade for O-Line with our draft picks

No need to fire people I don't think. That's a cop out. If anything it's Elway's fault for not shoring it all up in the offseason. But in his defense, he really had his hands full with lots of other HUGE personnel issues. When you win the big one you can't keep all your players and the ones coming up for contract get paid premiums.

I voted other.

I think Kubiak needs to scheme the OL out of this funk. He needs to somehow make his basic offensive X's and O's a lot less predictable. There's got to be some simple things he can insert into this to take advantage of how we're getting beat right now. The cliche - 'chipping' to help the tackles on the way out has been mentioned many times and maybe it alone is enough to give Trev the time to get the ball downfield to open up the rest of the playbook. But I'm sure there's some deeper less obvious ways that will be harder to decode for opponents that Kubiak could come up with.

In a perfect world, the OL just needs to execute better. The reality of this situation is that they just might not be good enough. If they can improve though - Kubiak can stay the course, and that's probably what he's hoping for. Last week is somewhat of an anomaly though with Kubiak out. Who knows what he would have done -if anything at all.

There is always that tenet that the OL needs to work as a unit. 5 lesser talented players working as a unit are better than 5 elite players not playing as a unit. So there is a chance they could gel 'as a unit' but that is so intangible who's to say that is a realistic expectation.

EDIT:

I wanted to mention the RB's too. After watching Atlanta's RB's zipping and bolting from jumpstreet(and lesean mccoy wow is he quick), I think it'd help the entire offense if the RB's would just get moving asap - as soon as they get the hand off - get to full speed right past the LOS. Speed alone can help. This reading the OL for cutbacks is wasting time and allowing defenses to penetrate deeper before they reach point of contact. It's fractions of seconds but those fractions at the beginning can effect much more of the outcome. Get downhill faster. Get through the hole faster. I know sometimes there's no hole - but speed still can really bail out poor blocking
    Last edited by dizzolve; 10-16-2016 at 05:39 PM.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Pretty much all of the above. Barone hasn't shown anything that I've seen since he's been here to suggest to me that he's earning his paycheck as OL coach. I wouldn't have believed I'd say this last season, but Sambrailo doesn't deserve to start before Michael Schofield, at least at RG. Neither should touch RT unless bodies are on the floor. Stephenson didn't have a great game, but I'll chalk it up to being rusty.

Basically, send a truck of money and an apology gram to Alex Gibbs, and then send a private jet to come pick him up. Give McGovern and Weems both a solid look at possibly replacing Max Garcia or at least rotating in for him, he didn't look right in the game. If Stephenson or Okung need to come back out of the game at any point, shift Schofield over and bring in Weems or McGovern, leave Sambrailo as an emergency player. Look at FAs and bring in some vet to give us depth and finally do what should have happened this offseason and cut Cody Lattimer. Dude has talent but he just honestly doesn't belong on our team with his play, even on ST. And finally, more double TE sets and I formation sets. There are some playcalling things that can be done to help a struggling OL. Part of that is sending out 3 receivers and keep folks in to block. We have the talent on the outside to make up for needing extra blockers, but honestly if the QB only has 2.5 seconds to make his read and get rid of the ball, we're not going to succeed regardless if we send out 5 guys or 15.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Speaking of fixing the OL, the Texans seem to have developed a new technique:

"Let's just block each other."
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post

Ahahahaha...that reminds me I believe it was a year or few years ago didn't Univ. of Florida have multiple games where their Olinemen blocked each other? IIRC it was against Georgia.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Great pic.

Hopefully they can replicate when they play the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    This was posted on Instagram and I thought it'd be a good idea to post it in here.

Just as stated in the picture, lets keep it nice and respectful folks. It's only a discussion.
    We have the line that we have. Barring a major trade, it isnt likely at all that we bring in any new players.

Same for the coaches. Say we fire 1 or 2. Who do we bring in? During the season? Not gonna happen.

So, that leaves us with adjusting how we play up front. More angle blocking and less zone? Maybe we start using 2 TE sets more? IMO, these are the kinds of things we can do to improve. But if you do that, you start limiting other options at the same time. For example, we start using 2 TE sets more, we lose the option of a slot receiver along with, or maybe the FB, but then we lose a lead blocker too. No easy answers really.

Personally I feel it's combination of several choices. You can't just go willy-nilly and fire people. And while coaching can be part of the issue, I believe it's more talent related. Coaching isn't the reason Pardis, Garcia, and Schofield are routinely blown up and chasing their assignment from behind. Coaching isn't teaching Stepheson to hold, an issue he was notorious for in KC.

The shuffle of the OL has been done several times over since T/C, so that's not the answer. And unless it's an OL'man from one of the West Coast offensive teams, the fit will have too many growing pains for this season.

Personally, unless I see some improvement in the next 2 weeks, I just don't see us getting very far with how they're playing. The OL is the real lynchpin of the team this year. Only a fool expected the defense to go at the same or greater clip than last year. So they need to OL to get off the roller-skates and actually push people around and help sustain a drive. Stop allowing 3-4 defenders in the backfield by the time the ball is handed off. Stop the consistent quick penetration that's getting Trev pummeled. I'm not asking for an all-world OL, but something decent would have epic results.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    We have been through 2 regimes and had the same coach at the Oline position in both. In both regimes our oline has been slaughtered by poor technique.

Now at first one may say that the issue was our drafting....but Paradis has played very well. So that leads me to think our main issue is coaching and may not be drafting. I would opt for a coaching change at the olone but only if there is someone we can bring in who is good to great....I'd even consider a college coach from a team who churns out great lineman.
    Dave Magazu was Denver's O-Line Coach 2011-2014.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

The Broncos have claimed OL Billy Turner. I don't know if he's any good, considering he was waived by the Dolphins and Ravens recently.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607