• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanDB
    Football Immortal
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Fiona has been annoying for like 4-5 seasons. Ever since she left coke out on the table for a child and started acting like she is always the martyr.

I guess the action in this thread means the new season started already? I wasn't aware it was back yet.
    Get into DB....last week's show alone seemed like two shows. So full of activity. One thing you can never say about the production team, that they take the safe, secure route. It's like a volcano goes off every 15 minutes or so. And the characters are very well defined.

As for Fiona, I have another take on her this season...that she will end on either a real high or real low.

Comment

• CanDB
      Football Immortal
      • Mar 2008

Shameless, if possible, is on steroids of late....and I luv it!! It's clear though, that Fiona's time is nearing end on the show, and something very good or very bad will happen to her. Right now she is a pain in the butt either way. She has become one of my least favs these days..

But what happened to Lip alone last night is almost too much for one dude to take. My goodness, I can hardly remember all the twists and turns that took place in just one show!! Now that's what I call serious plot development/changes.
      Last edited by CanDB; 02-18-2019, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• DenverBlood
        Football Immortal
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Shameless, if possible, is on steroids of late....and I luv it!! It's clear though, that Thiona's time is nearing end on the show, and something very good or very bad will happen to her. Right now she is a pain in the butt either way. She has become one of my least favs these days..

But what happened to Lip alone last night is almost too much for one dude to take. My goodness, I can hardly remember all the twists and turns that took place in just one show!! Now that's what I call serious plot development/changes.
        I was wondering when the next season was. We don’t keep up with it live. The question becomes do I spend $15 one month to get Showtime and catch it all on demand? Or wait till Netflix. I’m not sure how long after season ends before it hits Netflix.

And as for Fiona I haven’t liked her in many years.
        sigpic

Comment

• EddieMac
          Canuck Mod, eh!
          • Feb 2004

The new season is good. Just watched the latest episode. Hopefully they can keep going but I see an ending may be near
          sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
            Football Immortal
            • Mar 2008

I was wondering when the next season was. We don’t keep up with it live. The question becomes do I spend $15 one month to get Showtime and catch it all on demand? Or wait till Netflix. I’m not sure how long after season ends before it hits Netflix.

And as for Fiona I haven’t liked her in many years.
            Ha ha....I called her Thiona! That was 'shameless' of me!! I guess I don't love her enough to remember her name!! Now Lip and most of the others are in my good books! Anyway DB, I like this season quite a lot. Hopefully you can catch it at some point. I will not reveal anything too important, other than it is happening quickly!

I make sure to watch it every week. Preferred tv for me.
            Last edited by CanDB; 02-18-2019, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• CanDB
              Football Immortal
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
              The new season is good. Just watched the latest episode. Hopefully they can keep going but I see an ending may be near
              I am not sure if the show continues, but as has been discussed a bit here previously, I believe the show can easily survive minus Emmy Rossum (Fiona), who is leaving. There are many interesting characters and plot possibilities without her. I was good with here in previous seasons, but her character has gone whacko (IMO), and seems like one of the few mistakes of the writers....that is, pending how she departs. But yah...the show must go on!!

Comment

• DenverBlood
                Football Immortal
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                Ha ha....I called her Thiona! That was 'shameless' of me!! I guess I don't love her enough to remember her name!! Now Lip and most of the others are in my good books! Anyway DB, I like this season quite a lot. Hopefully you can catch it at some point. I will not reveal anything too important, other than it is happening quickly!

I make sure to watch it every week. Preferred tv for me.
                I used to have Showtime as an included channel in our directv package. At one point we watched 5-6 different shows on Showtime.

But many of my favorites (house of lies, californication, weeds and dexter) all ended and I just haven’t taken an interest in enough of their new shows for it to be valuable.

So now we just try to wait until we can binge Homeland and Shameless in the same month. Which Homeland is also going away after 1 more season.

And with Shameless now always heading to Netflix the value of a month of showtime just isn’t there.
                sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
                  Football Immortal
                  • Mar 2008

I used to have Showtime as an included channel in our directv package. At one point we watched 5-6 different shows on Showtime.

But many of my favorites (house of lies, californication, weeds and dexter) all ended and I just haven’t taken an interest in enough of their new shows for it to be valuable.

So now we just try to wait until we can binge Homeland and Shameless in the same month. Which Homeland is also going away after 1 more season.

And with Shameless now always heading to Netflix the value of a month of showtime just isn’t there.
                  I get you pal. Life's ongoing decisions. Can't have everything, all the time. I can send you my "Coles Notes" version every week, and I am very inexpensive!!

Just turn right....

Comment

• CanDB
                    Football Immortal
                    • Mar 2008

FTR....Emmy Rossum (Fiona) is a very talented performer, and has a fantastic singing voice. Not her fault that the writers write, what they write.

Comment

• EddieMac
                      Canuck Mod, eh!
                      • Feb 2004

It’ll be interesting to see what they do with Fiona. The writers said they won’t kill her off....but something has to happen to move her away.,

As long as frank is around,,,I think the show will continue. There are way too many storylines with Carl,Liam, deb, Ven and Kevin to have to stop because of Fiona’s absence.
                      sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
                        Football Immortal
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                        It’ll be interesting to see what they do with Fiona. The writers said they won’t kill her off....but something has to happen to move her away.,

As long as frank is around,,,I think the show will continue. There are way too many storylines with Carl,Liam, deb, Ven and Kevin to have to stop because of Fiona’s absence.
                        I agree....this show has more left in it. I hardly even think about Fiona's character, other than she has become a liability. But yes, the characters are plentiful and interesting, (they even have Ian who is so talented that he has a big role on Gotham as well), the skies the limit, and as we've seen, the storyline can go from 0 to 100 in 4 seconds flat!!
                        Last edited by CanDB; 02-18-2019, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Peerless
                          Football Immortal
                          • May 2004

I love me some Shameless - but it's starting to get stale. They need to have a series finale sooner rather than later.

To be honest, the only character I'm really invested into is Lip.

Frank's story got old. Fiona's 'strong independent women' motto got boring. Ian's gay/bipolar/Jesus thing was more annoying than anything. Debbie is... Debbie. Carl was more fun when he was a kid.

Yep, Lip is all I really care about.

Anyways, I gotta catch up on season 9. I haven't seen any of the newer episodes since Fiona crashed her car.
                          Last edited by Peerless; 02-18-2019, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• CanDB
                            Football Immortal
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                            I love me some Shameless - but it's starting to get stale. They need to have a series finale sooner rather than later.

Frank's story got old. Fiona's 'strong independent women' motto got boring. Ian's gay/bipolar/Jesus thing was more annoying than anything. Debbie is... Debbie. Carl was more fun when he was a kid.

Anyways, I gotta catch up on season 9. I haven't seen any of the newer episodes since Fiona crashed her car.
                            I think you will like the new season so far. But for the reasons you state, there comes a time when folks need a change. But yes, I am a Lip fan. Am hoping that he someday returns to college to pursue his brilliance.
                            Last edited by CanDB; 02-19-2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• ebsoria
                              Former Mod Of Steel
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Peerless View Post

That's where I'm at too!!
                              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• CanDB
                                Football Immortal
                                • Mar 2008

My goodness....I think that's it for season 9. No spoiler alerts. Just want to say that I liked the last show very much.

Hope there's another season. If not, it ended on a strong note.

Comment

Working...
                                X