Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Showtime's "Shameless" likely to be cancelled following season 7

http://www.parentherald.com/articles...s-possible.htm

"Shameless" Season 7 recently premiered on Showtime and many viewers say that the series' latest episodes have been the best so far. While this is the case, executive producer Nancy Pimental talks about the show's possible end. Is Season 7 the last for the series?

This article contains spoilers. Read on if you want to learn more about the details of this story.

"Shameless" Season 7 is rumored to be the series finale for the Showtime series. In an interview with executive producer Nancy Pimental, the possibility of the show coming to an end was explored by TV Line.

Pimental admitted that the "Shameless" Season 7 cancellation was discussed with network execs and the crew. She revealed that Season 8 was mentioned during the discussion, but they are currently exploring their options.

"So we've talked about all options, [including] wrapping it up in a year or two," she said. "Or do we have more stories in us, because we have so many characters?"

The possibilities of "Shameless" are endless given that the show focuses on one character per season. In Season 7, the focus appears to be on Lip.

In an interview with Esquire, Jeremy Allen White, who plays Lip in "Shameless" Season 7, shared that he is excited that his character is now the focus of the show. White teased that by the end of season 7, things will become messy.

"Shameless" Season 7 spoilers also reveal that Lip may not find his happily ever after in the romance department despite the fact that he has found someone. According to White, Lip will begin to question himself and his capability to be a father when he did not have a good one while he was growing up.

How do you feel about the "Shameless" Season 7 premiere? Should Showtime renew the show for another season? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!

Figured it had to be coming soon. Showtime doesn't really do there shows for a full decade. I was thinking season 7 should be getting close.

We have watched the first two episodes but not this past Sunday.

We always enjoy it

Episodes is coming to a close too which will leave us with only Homeland on showtime.

I'm running out of reasons to ever have the channel.

I started season 3 on Netflix the other night. Still LOVING the show!!!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Just started season 4 last night.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

I've heard the original UK version is worth a watch.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377260/

Shameless likely to return for 8th season after Rossum contract

LINK

Emmy Rossum Reportedly Got the Equal Pay She Asked for on Shameless

Shameless will return to Showtime for an eighth season, after a public pay dispute between star Emmy Rossum and the production company, Warner Bros. Television, has been resolved. Rossum, who stars in the dark comedy as Fiona, the resilient oldest sibling of the hard-luck Gallagher clan, reportedly asked to be paid more than her costar William H. Macy to make up for a years-long salary disparity. Macy plays the Gallaghers’ alcoholic father and enjoys top billing on the show even though he typically gets less screen time than Rossum. According to the Hollywood Reporter, which broke the news of the negotiations last week, Rossum took “the position she should be paid more per episode than Macy makes after years of earning much less than her Emmy-nominated co-star.”

Macy threw his weight behind Rossum earlier this week, telling TMZ, “She works as hard as I do, she deserves everything.” And on Wednesday, Rossum tweeted that she would continue her role on Shameless and go “back to work in May.” According to the Hollywood Reporter, “Sources say Rossum had an offer of equal pay on the table. It’s unclear if she received more than Macy.”

Rossum’s apparent victory so quickly after her fight for equal pay was publicized is a tribute to the power of public shaming to get companies to do the right thing. Not every underpaid woman is in a position to use publicity to pressure her employer to act similarly, however. In fact, many non-famous women fear retaliation or difficulty finding new work if they blow the whistle on unequal pay. But as an actress playing a beloved character on Shameless, Rossum has unique leverage—she is literally irreplaceable as Fiona.

A wealthy actress negotiating an even higher salary for herself doesn’t look like a win for the working woman, but it’s a reminder that companies know that it’s a bad look when they pay women less than men for the same work. Smart executives—like the producers of House of Cards, who granted Robin Wright equal pay before she went public—preemptively even out their pay structures to avoid negative PR. Warner Bros. Television’s bad publicity over Shameless might make other executives think twice about denying women equal pay in the first place.

So the wife and I are 9 episodes into the latest season. Only 3 left to go. I have to say we've been pleasantly surprised. When Charlie Brown first mentioned the show canceling we were relieved to no longer have to keep up. Too much of the story line had become depressing to watch with too many dumb character decisions and we were tired of Fiona's woe is me spew.

Fast forward and in season 8 the characters all seem extremely revamped and it's back to the similar Ghallager antics from early in the show. They still have issues and hard to watch stubbornness at times but they don't dwell on it like the past couple of seasons. The only character that seems stuck in the usual rut is Debbie who has to be the dumbest character in television history. But I even like Fiona again this season.

The only odd thing is seeing the new Frank go on this long. I'm sure the wheels fall off by seasons end but I'm surprised it's made it 9 episodes without doing so.

Looks like a new season is coming with all the characters coming back..., wooo hooo
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Looks like a new season is coming with all the characters coming back..., wooo hooo
    If they continue season 8's turn and momentum I'm on board with it now.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    If they continue season 8's turn and momentum I'm on board with it now.
    Ya it was always good...if not a little dark at times,,,,but it has some really good stuff going on now...

Ya it was always good...if not a little dark at times,,,,but it has some really good stuff going on now...
    Season 7 I was ready to bail. Fiona screwed up far too many times (like with Liam) to still be playing the I'm the victim card with everyone. It was very obnoxious.

Them also having her luck into financial gains despite making really bad choices made no sense either.

But at least with this building she seems to be slowly making strides the right way without spending loads of money she doesn't have like at the laundromat.

There have been sone good scen s around that building too. Although right now I am liking carl’s And liam’s Stories the best.

There have been sone good scen s around that building too. Although right now I am liking carl’s And liam’s Stories the best.
    It's amazing it took them 8 years to finally get Liam more involved with more regular dialogue. I understand not wanting to bother with the struggles of teaching a younger kid but seems like it shouldn't have taken this long to get him more involved. Even in season 7 with Frank he didn't have many lines. So yes we are enjoying having him more involved this season.

One show I continue to watch......could use another couple of seasons for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    One show I continue to watch......could use another couple of seasons for sure!
    Hope so... a show I was never interested in until a friend insisted I watch ...now I can’t get enough of it.