Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Hope so... a show I was never interested in until a friend insisted I watch ...now I can’t get enough of it.
    I am really enjoying this year, because I find most of the characters are really hitting stride. Love "dysfunctional"!!! But wait, they actually function pretty darn good when you think about it. I could not exist in that house, but they all seem to do well....they never know who is going to wake up there and sit down for breakfast! But they just go on with their lives.....
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-08-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Hope so... a show I was never interested in until a friend insisted I watch ...now I can’t get enough of it.
    So EMac (and gang), who is/are your favourite character(s)....or shall we put it another way....who do you want to ultimately succeed?

I've always felt the need to support Lip. He's so smart, and he is wasting his talent. Fiona deserves a great life, cuz she's so darn responsible! I like Kevin, he's such a big goof. Carl is cool.....and Liam is unflappable, and I luv the way he understands everything. I like pretty much every character.
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-08-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Kevin ( and wife ! ) and Carl are my favourites....

Don’t like Debbie at all as she ages. Ian is meh.. I know too many Franks...Liam is a fun character... Fiona is all drama, again know too many of her...and Lip has flattened out as a character for me.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Don’t like Debbie at all as she ages. Ian is meh.. I know too many Franks...Liam is a fun character... Fiona is all drama, again know too many of her...and Lip has flattened out as a character for me.
    The good news....so many different characters, we have a nice range to choose from.

I pretty much agree with this take but at times Carl has annoyed me. But he is a lot better now than when he seemed destined for psycho path serial killer.

I still like Lip and think there is still potential for him. A lot of his screw ups were from wearing his heart on his sleeve and others letting him down. So his temper gets the best of him instead of his smarts prevailing. I still have hope for him.

I still donít like Fionaís drama but she has been better at least.

Canít stand Debbie as Iíve already stated.

At one point I was hoping they were going to kill Frank off the show. But Iím glad they didnít. He has been much better and at least seems to care about his kids now. I wanted him dead when all he did was backstab them even if he did funny drunk stuff.

But more or less i agree on your takes.

Looks like Emmy Rossum is now leaving the show after this upcoming 9th season after all. The show hasn't been canceled yet but I don't see the point of continuing on without what I would essentially consider the main character.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Looks like Emmy Rossum is now leaving the show after this upcoming 9th season after all. The show hasn't been canceled yet but I don't see the point of continuing on without what I would essentially consider the main character.
    I think...the show would survive her, but she is definitely a cornerstone character. There are, after all, so many characters to begin with, and a couple of them could add some airtime without hurting the production.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I think...the show would survive her, but she is definitely a cornerstone character. There are, after all, so many characters to begin with, and a couple of them could add some airtime without hurting the production.
    It would survive without her. I think Frank has been positioned as the main character that hasn't fully "grown up". The others are all moving on, maturing, developing as people and away from the degenerates they all started as. Heck, even Frank has grown, but he's still Frank!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    It would survive without her. I think Frank has been positioned as the main character that hasn't fully "grown up". The others are all moving on, maturing, developing as people and away from the degenerates they all started as. Heck, even Frank has grown, but he's still Frank!
    I agree. Frank's renewed energy was good for the show. I like him and Liam as partners....Liam understands everything he says. I would like more from Lip, with him progressing in his career again, and Kevin can carry some extra load as well. He's a likable big dude. Carl too has some potential.

Fiona is a strong character, but sometimes her shadow is a bit overreaching. She is not as much fun as Frank can be, for example.

I agree. Frank's renewed energy was good for the show. I like him and Liam as partners....Liam understands everything he says. I would like more from Lip, with him progressing in his career again, and Kevin can carry some extra load as well. He's a likable big dude. Carl too has some potential.

Fiona is a strong character, but sometimes her shadow is a bit overreaching. She is not as much fun as Frank can be, for example.
    You're right about Fiona. As much as I loved her and some of her less clothed scenes, she started to lose her appeal(as far as the degenerate thing goes) as she matured more into the business woman she is now.

The only problem with hanging a hat on Kev is that V comes with him. They already tried the marital problem thing.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    You're right about Fiona. As much as I loved her and some of her less clothed scenes, she started to lose her appeal(as far as the degenerate thing goes) as she matured more into the business woman she is now.

The only problem with hanging a hat on Kev is that V comes with him. They already tried the marital problem thing.
    Ha ha....just as Fiona has a nice, shall we say, body of work, so does V!! Yah, I get ya, but Kev's Kev, and he is just one of those dudes you have trouble not liking. He could be used for more "silly" capers.

But overall, I think you and I could see a 10th season, if the others want one. Hey, you got to celebrate 10!

The show is as creative as ever....and Fiona is looking like she may finally be incapable of handling the load. Wonder if they are setting her up for some kind of fall given it's her last season.

This show never gets dull for me!

The show is as creative as ever....and Fiona is looking like she may finally be incapable of handling the load. Wonder if they are setting her up for some kind of fall given it's her last season.

This show never gets dull for me!
    I really like this season. Honestly Fiona is kind of annoying right now. It seems like they might be doing it on purpose like you're saying.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

I love this show... not as low brow as it once was... but Carl still carries the day.... him, and Kevin and V. They are the best..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    I really like this season. Honestly Fiona is kind of annoying right now. It seems like they might be doing it on purpose like you're saying.
    Fiona has been annoying for like 4-5 seasons. Ever since she left coke out on the table for a child and started acting like she is always the martyr.

I guess the action in this thread means the new season started already? I wasn't aware it was back yet.