Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 55 of 55
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,711
    FTR....I just read that there is expected to be a season 10. Not everyone who once watched it still do, but I still like a lot of the vibe. I like that they can roll with the times, and use what's going on the everyday world to grow the show.

    But the key is always about character development, and outside of a couple of folks I am not wild about, I find there are a number of folks I still like.
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-11-2019 at 07:35 AM.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,857
    Just finished episode 11. Have 3 more to go. Loving the show still but can’t wait for Emmy Rossum to exit the show. Her character is so unbearable to watch now. My wife and agreed she’s worse than Frank used to be. And he’s actually kind of like able now.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,857
    Finished up tonight. Loved season 9 and again not sure if I can wait until season 10 hits Netflix.

    I’ll probably wait until 2-3 weeks left in season 10 and sign up for Showtime anywhere for a month. That way I can binge it and finish closer to the rest of you.

    So glad Fionas gone.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,850
    I would just be happy with a show following Lip. He's the best and most complex character by far. I wish they would have gone more with the college / future educational side with him.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    I would just be happy with a show following Lip. He's the best and most complex character by far. I wish they would have gone more with the college / future educational side with him.
    Well then we probably wouldn’t have the recovering alcoholic side. I think the point was for him to hit rock bottom and throw away his future before he got help.

    But I would like to see him become some sort of entrepreneur still. Maybe figure out a way to buy his own bike shop or something.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    I would just be happy with a show following Lip. He's the best and most complex character by far. I wish they would have gone more with the college / future educational side with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Well then we probably wouldn’t have the recovering alcoholic side. I think the point was for him to hit rock bottom and throw away his future before he got help.

    But I would like to see him become some sort of entrepreneur still. Maybe figure out a way to buy his own bike shop or something.
    I too was hoping he went back to school at some point, and fulfilled his genius. But I guess I will be happy with some sort of entrepreneurial breakthrough.

    But I concur, he is the person I want to be a success. Clearly he has a big heart and in spite of his issues, he still has a future if he can keep it all together, With 'big sis' gone, I sense he will continue to grow as a leader of the family.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,857
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I too was hoping he went back to school at some point, and fulfilled his genius. But I guess I will be happy with some sort of entrepreneurial breakthrough.

    But I concur, he is the person I want to be a success. Clearly he has a big heart and in spite of his issues, he still has a future if he can keep it all together, With 'big sis' gone, I sense he will continue to grow as a leader of the family.
    What annoyed me most about Fiona was her self righteous girl power schtick all the time.

    I got so sick of her always telling everyone she raised the entire family all by herself. Including frank as she walked out the door. Sure she did a lot. But how much older is she really compared to Ian and Lip? Sure maybe it was hard before she was 10. But she had help from them 2 for a long time. Basically at least from day 1 of the show with Lip and Ian. And the whole family always did things to help try to contribute money for the family.

    The last several seasons Carl and Debbie have been old enough to look after themselves. The only cast member who still needed raising at the end was Liam and he left the family.

    Then Debbie has one half season of becoming bossy over bills (when Lip and Ian have really taken care of everyone for 2-3 years since Fionas path to bottoming out began) and Fiona leaves Debbie the $50k check made out to her.

    Basically still ignoring that she ever had help from a man and acting like only another woman could take over responsibilities of the family. It’s just nauseating.

    I too believe Lip is now the head of the family. But good riddance to Fiona.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,711
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    What annoyed me most about Fiona was her self righteous girl power schtick all the time.

    I got so sick of her always telling everyone she raised the entire family all by herself. Including frank as she walked out the door. Sure she did a lot. But how much older is she really compared to Ian and Lip? Sure maybe it was hard before she was 10. But she had help from them 2 for a long time. Basically at least from day 1 of the show with Lip and Ian. And the whole family always did things to help try to contribute money for the family.

    The last several seasons Carl and Debbie have been old enough to look after themselves. The only cast member who still needed raising at the end was Liam and he left the family.

    Then Debbie has one half season of becoming bossy over bills (when Lip and Ian have really taken care of everyone for 2-3 years since Fionas path to bottoming out began) and Fiona leaves Debbie the $50k check made out to her.

    Basically still ignoring that she ever had help from a man and acting like only another woman could take over responsibilities of the family. It’s just nauseating.

    I too believe Lip is now the head of the family. But good riddance to Fiona.
    I usually like female and male cast fairly equally in shows, but right now, my favs are Lip, Kevin, Carl, Liam....and Frank at times, because he does have a key role in this show. I was a Fiona fan, but they turned her into an annoying pain in the butt. (Spoiler Alert for those who did not see last season.....but I like the way she departs). Having said that, I like Veronica and some of the others are fine. Perhaps it's the fault of the folks in charge, in that they do not seem to be too concerned about developing female cast that are really nice, likable, and important to the show.

    Does that make any sense?

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    18,425
    Fiona is really annoying. True. I do think they portrayed her as the matriarch of the family early on. She was the one to sort out frank, solve problems and make sure bills were paid.

    The big but to all that is she is a Gallagher too. So she has all the dysfunction as the rest of them. It just really shone when she had less responsibility with the other kids getting older.

    I don’t like the character but I always though Debbie was far more annoying.

    Veronica on the other hand.

    Carl Lip and frank are the best male characters.
    Last edited by EddieMac; 10-31-2019 at 05:46 PM.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,711
    I see that Shameless returns real soon, depending where you receive it. I look forward to it. Hope they nail it this season!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •