Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    A step further on the Steve bartman forgiveness train Moises alou should be the first in line apologizing for ruining his life since he berated him on national tv and brought attention to something I'm not sure many people would've even thought about until seeing a players reaction to it.
    Why are people so concerned with Steve Bartman?

Is his life actually ruined?

Shouldn't we care more about the billy goat?😂

He was treated poorly, but he also did something stupid. The whole matter should be dropped. It's just sports.
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    One of the most exciting game 7s ever! It had it all!!

Now would be the right time to make amends with Steve Bartman. I know, he does not want publicity, but cmon, the guy loves The Cubs, and did what most of us would have done in that situation. Before you say no, put yourself in his position.....this was not a case where the fielder was in view. This was a case where other fans were trying to get at the ball as well.

Cmon Chicago....lets right a terrible wrong. No more curse. No reason to care about what did not happen. Maybe everything that transpired that fateful night made this happen.

Fix this, please.
    I am so happy to see that Steve Bartman received a World Series ring from The Cubs. Bartman accepted it and is "deeply moved". He has stayed away from the media all this time, and has turned down significant compensation to do interviews, and such. He is quiet man, who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He loved The Cubs. And had one of the other fans NOT missed the ball, they would have been at the end of years of abuse, death threats, and perhaps like Bartman, having to move from the place he made home.

This was one of cruelest of all sports acts. If he had been the only one to reach out, there is still no explanation for the hatred that followed. And the seemingly endless jokes made about him, including on major tv shows. In a special written response, he said, "we all can learn from my experience to view sports as entertainment and prevent harsh scapegoating."

This is a "small" gesture in my opinion, and if I were The Cubs, I'd do a lot more from this poor guy. Belittled, abused and threatened....for years. And like I mention....had one of those others touched the ball they were reaching for, we never know this guy. In fact, I am still disturbed that the others pointed him out, rather than admitting that they were just as guilty.

One last thing, The Cubs blew it that game. They should have easily won it, but many blame this man. There was no guarantee that the ball was going to be caught. But there was a definite factor....The Cubs could not hold the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I am so happy to see that Steve Bartman received a World Series ring from The Cubs. Bartman accepted it and is "deeply moved". He has stayed away from the media all this time, and has turned down significant compensation to do interviews, and such. He is a quiet man, who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He loved The Cubs. And had one of the other fans NOT missed the ball, they would have been at the end of years of abuse, death threats, and perhaps like Bartman, having to move from the place he made home.

This was one of the cruelest of all sports acts. If he had been the only one to reach out, there is still no explanation for the hatred that followed. And the seemingly endless jokes made about him, including on major tv shows. In a special written response, he said, "we all can learn from my experience to view sports as entertainment and prevent harsh scapegoating."

This is a "small" gesture in my opinion, and if I were The Cubs, I'd do a lot more for this poor guy. Belittled, abused and threatened....for years. And like I mention....had one of those others touched the ball they were reaching for, we would never know this guy. In fact, I am still disturbed that the others pointed him out, rather than admitting that they were just as guilty.

One last thing, The Cubs blew it that game. They should have easily won it, but many blame this man. There was no guarantee that the ball was going to be caught. But there was a definite factor....The Cubs could not hold the lead.
    I made a few small edits...sorry, I keep forgetting to fully edit before I submit. My bad.

I think that if he had been watching the game, instead of listening to the game on his headphones, he might have seen Alou coming. It was still cruel what my city did to him
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!