Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Milsap to Denver, 3 years 90 mil.

Good signing but not enough to get us into the playoffs barring a big leap from Murray and/ or Harris/Mudiay.
    Team option in the 3rd year too. Very good deal for us. We had to overpay on the APY, but we may have finally got an All-Star caliber player, without trading for them. Rumor is we are trying to get George Hill(need to move Faried and Arthur). There was a report that speculated we could try to get DWade, but I doubt that one.

Good signing but not enough to get us into the playoffs barring a big leap from Murray and/ or Harris/Mudiay.
    I disagree. We were only a couple of games behind Portland. I feel like this automatically pushes us into playoff caliber. But still not good enough to win a series.

Definitely disagree.

Millsap adds a defensive presence that the Nuggets really needed. Nuggs only missed the playoffs by 1 game last year. This almost certainly gets them in. If they add George Hill (as they're trying to do), they'll be a real threat.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    No I know I just was saying don't read more into it unless he requested to go not they asked him to.
    Glad I was wrong. Happy to have Millsap here even if it he only gives us 2 years. It makes us a much more attractive destination for FAs right now, hoping we sign Hill or someone else too.

Millsap will contribute twice as much to our team than Gallinari did, imo. He's a facilitator and productive guy, even if he doesn't put up big meaningless numbers like Gallo did. Feels like the ball movement will be from the inside - out a lot more than what we've seen here for a while. Kudos to Harris for stepping up and helping improve the team.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I disagree. We were only a couple of games behind Portland. I feel like this automatically pushes us into playoff caliber. But still not good enough to win a series.
    GSW, San Antonio, OKC, Houston, Minnesota, and Utah are locks IMO. Memphis is on a downward trend but might still have enough to get in the playoffs. New Orleans should be better with an offseason to get Cousins and Davis more accustomed to each other. Portland is still a good team and having Nurkic the whole season should keep them out of the position they were in last season. The Clippers have taken a step back but still have enough to push for the 8th seed.

We still need to add another player or bring Gallinari back IMO if we want to be locked in as a playoff caliber team.

GSW, San Antonio, OKC, Houston, Minnesota, and Utah are locks IMO. Memphis is on a downward trend but might still have enough to get in the playoffs. New Orleans should be better with an offseason to get Cousins and Davis more accustomed to each other. Portland is still a good team and having Nurkic the whole season should keep them out of the position they were in last season. The Clippers have taken a step back but still have enough to push for the 8th seed.

We still need to add another player or bring Gallinari back IMO if we want to be locked in as a playoff caliber team.
    Disagree on Minn being a lock now. Also disagree on Portland and if Utah loses Heyward. But Portland specifically we should be better than by adding Milsap.

It's not a lock for us but I'm done with Malone if he can't get this roster in.

The LAC are looking to sign and trade for Gallo. We want to do a 3 teams S+T, with LAC getting Gallo, we get Millsap, and ATL gets Crawford, Stone, LAC 1st(via Hou). We would create about 15m extra cap space(george hill money cough cough).

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    The LAC are looking to sign and trade for Gallo. We want to do a 3 teams S+T, with LAC getting Gallo, we get Millsap, and ATL gets Crawford, Stone, LAC 1st(via Hou). We would create about 15m extra cap space(george hill money cough cough).
    We already have Millsap... I can see the confusion though, there was a bleacherreport article I just looked at that said Millsap was part of the deal.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...nilo-gallinari

Looks like we'll get some draft compensation just for facilitating the sign and trade. That works for me

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    We already have Millsap... I can see the confusion though, there was a bleacherreport article I just looked at that said Millsap was part of the deal.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...nilo-gallinari

Looks like we'll get some draft compensation just for facilitating the sign and trade. That works for me
    We will have Millsap either way, but if we acquire Millsap through a S+T we gain about 15m in cap room. The only issue would be that Denver and Millsap would need to convert the 3rd year team option, into a fully non-guranteed 3rd year. S+Ts need to be at least 3y in length(option not included). We would end up adding cap room, with a sign and trade. This is important if we cant move Faried or DA, and want to sign Hill. This is a good article breaking down the pros and cons of it. Basically, we would lose Millsap's Bird rights, is what it boils down to.

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2017/...clippers-trade

We will have Millsap either way, but if we acquire Millsap through a S+T we gain about 15m in cap room. The only issue would be that Denver and Millsap would need to convert the 3rd year team option, into a fully non-guranteed 3rd year. S+Ts need to be at least 3y in length(option not included). We would end up adding cap room, with a sign and trade. This is important if we cant move Faried or DA, and want to sign Hill. This is a good article breaking down the pros and cons of it. Basically, we would lose Millsap's Bird rights, is what it boils down to.

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2017/...clippers-trade
    Well Hill won't be signing with us now. Maybe we can try and sign Rudy Gay although I'm iffy on him coming off that Achilles injury. Or we can try and lure Simmons away from San Antonio, I think he'd fit nicely with our Jokic/Milsap combo on offense and would be an improvement defensively. Signing Greg Monroe would be nice as well.

The market is starting to dry up though and I doubt we can get much by trading Faried/Arthur now but who knows.

Well Hill won't be signing with us now. Maybe we can try and sign Rudy Gay although I'm iffy on him coming off that Achilles injury. Or we can try and lure Simmons away from San Antonio, I think he'd fit nicely with our Jokic/Milsap combo on offense and would be an improvement defensively. Signing Greg Monroe would be nice as well.

The market is starting to dry up though and I doubt we can get much by trading Faried/Arthur now but who knows.
    Ya at this point we were better off keeping the team option like we did. Not much is out there, I'd like to see us try and jumpstart negotiations with PHX about Bledsoe.

Ya at this point we were better off keeping the team option like we did. Not much is out there, I'd like to see us try and jumpstart negotiations with PHX about Bledsoe.
    Would be sweet if you guys got Bledsoe.

So with Boston signing Hayward, not only do they need to offload some guys to create cap space, they now have Hayward, Crowder (likely trade candidate), Tatum, and Jaylen Brown. Not incredibly interested in Crowder, but Jaylen Brown is highly intriguing.

And with Wasington matching the Otto Porter deal they want to do a sign and trade with Bogdanovich. I doubt we have the players to get Washington to bite though. Maybe DA
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 07-05-2017 at 09:38 PM.

Just got tickets for our first summer league games against the Rockets. Looking forward to watching Beasley and Juancho play

So with Boston signing Hayward, not only do they need to offload some guys to create cap space, they now have Hayward, Crowder (likely trade candidate), Tatum, and Jaylen Brown. Not incredibly interested in Crowder, but Jaylen Brown is highly intriguing.

And with Wasington matching the Otto Porter deal they want to do a sign and trade with Bogdanovich. I doubt we have the players to get Washington to bite though. Maybe DA
    I'd be shocked if they moved tatum or brown.