Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    What do you guys think the chances of the Nuggs making the playoffs? We are 1 game up on Portland with 10 to go. Our schedule is very tough the rest of the way with still one game at Portland. IMO we have to win that game. I say it's 50/50.

I think I just jinxed them.They are absolutely getting killed

Quote Originally Posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    If they to Portland next, bye bye playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    If they to Portland next, bye bye playoffs.
    I already consider it done.

We had 6 of the final 10 games on the road and now 6 of 9. And we couldn't close out one of the few home games against a sub .500 team.

I don't expect to see an 8 next to our name again.

Malone may be making minor improvements season to season. But you'll never win in this league with a league worst D IMO. Which is why I didn't like the hire from day one.

I w9nder how many pts we allow per game with Gallo and without. Guy doesn't play D. He also seems better suited for a ball control possession style offense, not uptempo. He tries to draw a foul every time he gets the ball and going to the line 20 times a game screw up our uptempo style.

and we are letting Nurkic destroy us. Our D is just plain awfule

Malone is never going to win anything if he refuses to address and stress defense.

I hear people say all the time the best strategy at mile high is up tempo offense and wear out the opponent. But we've seen this time and time again that come April when we can't play in a half court offense and still play no defense we just get beat by teams when 100-110 points isn't enough.

Golden st did it to Karl when our up tempo offense won 57 games. Didn't even get out of the first round.

It may be a fun offense that gets us to the playoffs every year. But we will never contend with it.

The last 3-4 losses have all allowed 115+ I believe. That's not a formula to get to the postseason.

An uptempo offense would be fine if we our coach knew how to run it. He totally blew that game last night. This team can run a half court offense better than most of Karl's teams could too, probably but Malone wants to run it with guys like Gallinari who wants to chuck and can't play defense to save his life and Jameer who shot well last night but isn't a great defender any more. Why on earth did Murray only play a few minutes? Arthur could have played a little bit, he can still play defense.

Gallo should have been benched. He plays Faried for 10 minutes early and takes him out with a lead and then doesn't put him in again until late in the 3rd or early 4th when it's too late.

Don't care if we run a half court offense or uptempo, as long as we use the right rotations and players that actually fit the scheme. Malone is dumber than a doornail when it comes to that, he's like Walt Weiss managing a bullpen.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Who would you draft this offseason? Not gonna be high enough to get a guy that can really improve us. With that said I'd look at getting Harry Giles. Incredible potential but wasn't confident coming off that knee injury and hurt his draft stock by playing at Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Who would you draft this offseason? Not gonna be high enough to get a guy that can really improve us. With that said I'd look at getting Harry Giles. Incredible potential but wasn't confident coming off that knee injury and hurt his draft stock by playing at Duke.
    Luckily this is a loaded draft. Personally, I think we need a 1 and a 3. We should Chandler and Faried in a package. Gallo will likely opt out, and isnt worth the max he will want. It's time to move on from Nelson. There 5 good PGs early in the draft. Fultz, Lonzo, Dennis Smith, Fox, and Ntilinka. We will be early teens most likely, so if we could move up and snag a PG I'd be for it. Not many true 3s available, but I'd roll the dice with a guy like OG Anunoby. Athletic with an huge wingspan. Could develop into an explosive, good defending, wing we need.

So last night Malone straight up called out guys from the 2nd unit. Specifically, Chandler, Plumlee, Murray, and Juancho. Although he did kind of say the two rookie were rookies. God, that plumlee trade looks worse and worse as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Luckily this is a loaded draft. Personally, I think we need a 1 and a 3. We should Chandler and Faried in a package. Gallo will likely opt out, and isnt worth the max he will want. It's time to move on from Nelson. There 5 good PGs early in the draft. Fultz, Lonzo, Dennis Smith, Fox, and Ntilinka. We will be early teens most likely, so if we could move up and snag a PG I'd be for it. Not many true 3s available, but I'd roll the dice with a guy like OG Anunoby. Athletic with an huge wingspan. Could develop into an explosive, good defending, wing we need.
    See I think we really need a guy that can protect the rim at the 4. I don't think Jokic will ever be a true rim protector and a guy like Giles can mask it with his athleticism if he returns to form. Plus he could be a mismatch on offense with Jokic operating at the top. But that is a big if but in the early teens I don't think we will get a much better option. Everyone at that point will have flaws, and his just stem from his injuries more than anything. He'll likely have growing pains early but his potential is absolutely insane. At worst I think he'll be a bigger Faried and I've always thought Faried would be a top 4 if he was taller and stronger.

I'm fine with keeping Chandler but Gallo needs to go. Nelson is a liability and I'm shocked he's even been playing, he should be in the Mike Miller role. Roll with Mudiay and Murray and let Beasley be that 3rd guy.

There's just too many guys that are good enough to start, and in theory it sounds good because theoretically anyone of Chandler, Gallo, Barton, Harris, and Jokic should be able to carry their unit but because their are so many guys that you feel comfortable with taking shots none of them can ever stay in a rhythm. Jokic is pretty consistent but I don't think he's still in that top tier of centers and it shows when he plays against some of these guys.

Edit: I would have loved if could have trade Gallo and Faried/Nurkic for Ibaka. He would have been a terrific fit masking Jokic on defense and being able to stretch the perimeter on offense.
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 04-01-2017 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Before Giles started getting injured back in high school people were saying he was the best player in high school they have ever seen. Someone also said he reminds him of a young Chris Webber. The guy was absolutely filthy his Junior year in high school but of course the injuries to his knees started piling up. It's all in his head now. If he can get past the mental part of it then I think we can see his full potential. With that said I would love to go after one of the top PG in this draft. Trade up for one?
    Last edited by 58_VONDOOM_92; 04-01-2017 at 07:44 AM.

Before Giles started getting injured back in high school people were saying he was the best player in high school they have ever seen. Someone also said he reminds him of a young Chris Webber. The guy was absolutely filthy his Junior year in high school but of course the injuries to his knees started piling up. It's all in his head now. If he can get past the mental part of it then I think we can see his full potential. With that said I would love to go after one of the top PG in this draft. Trade up for one?
    Ya Giles was giving quality minutes off the bench at the end of the year. He clearly wasnt 100% to start, but we saw improvement the further we got from his knee scope. As for PGs, we basically have no shot at Fultz and Ball. I think Fox goes higher than he should. Smith is interesting, some team will go gaga over him. I think if we move up it will have to be for Ntilinka.

Caleb Swanigan out of Purdue. I think he has the potential to be the best F out of this draft. I like the idea of Giles too.