Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Considering the amount of room he had to work with, that kick was ONE HELL of a boomer down the field. Good job Riley!
    I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Clutch punt = 68yards out of the end zone late in the 4rth quarter......has he ever punted 68 yards before ? I think maybe somebody over inflated the football for that one.
    His punts have not been terrible, he's inconsistent. He's a rookie...it's what they do. He'll only get better from here and overall he's not nearly as terrible as some around here present. His average this year is slightly above colquitt's career average...So if he's playing at the same level colquitt always has, why not save $3.5m?

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I was thinking all first half how elway messed up cutting colquitt. And how with this defense and a conservative offense we need a punter who can flip field position.

At one point chargers average starting field position was their 32 and ours was our 19. And you could see it was having an impact on both offenses.

And I was thinking man their punter keeps flipping the field and ours is horrible at it.

But then all of a sudden it was like a light bulb went off of relaxation for Dixon. And I think he ended up booming 2-3 other punts second half. And it was massively changing field position which I think took a ton of pressure off our d.

Hopefully the kid can keep it up now and make Elway right again.
    Test him for PED's!!!!! (sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I was thinking all first half how elway messed up cutting colquitt. And how with this defense and a conservative offense we need a punter who can flip field position.

At one point chargers average starting field position was their 32 and ours was our 19. And you could see it was having an impact on both offenses.

And I was thinking man their punter keeps flipping the field and ours is horrible at it.

But then all of a sudden it was like a light bulb went off of relaxation for Dixon. And I think he ended up booming 2-3 other punts second half. And it was massively changing field position which I think took a ton of pressure off our d.

Hopefully the kid can keep it up now and make Elway right again.
    I think people are forgetting just how bad Britton was last season. People have been complaining about Dixon, acting like we're missing colquitt. But, Dixon is averaging 46.6 ypp.

Last year, Colquitt averaged 43.6 yards per punt! Lol this year he is averaging 46. So, he's still not outperforming Dixon.

Overall, Riley is 13th in yards per punt and 7th in net average. He has some of the best hang time in the NFL. I don't understand people's gripe with Riley. Maybe it's because people have been having their best punting performances the game they play us it seems like? That counts for home and away though.

For example, Kaser punted like crazy against us both times we played the chargers. He's currently 25th in the NFL in average.

41-13

...That's what the score could've been yesterday with some improved ball security.

Granted, the tipped ball leading to the pick-6 for San Diego wasn't entirely the fault of the QB, but 2 fumbles when we were knocking on the door certainly didn't help our cause either.

All I'm saying is, with a little more emphasis in practice, I think we could be a truly elite team that puts opponents away decisively and looks like a favorite to repeat as World Champs.

Thoughts?

GO BRONCOS!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by sbutk View Post
    ...That's what the score could've been yesterday with some improved ball security.

Granted, the tipped ball leading to the pick-6 for San Diego wasn't entirely the fault of the QB, but 2 fumbles when we were knocking on the door certainly didn't help our cause either.

All I'm saying is, with a little more emphasis in practice, I think we could be a truly elite team that puts opponents away decisively and looks like a favorite to repeat as World Champs.

Thoughts?

GO BRONCOS!!!
    Not sure where you are getting your math but the Siemian fumble was on third down. He held the ball too long and it should've been a throw away. The best I can do there is add the inevitable 3 point FG not 7 points. But Booker potentially took 7 points off the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    His punts have not been terrible, he's inconsistent. He's a rookie...it's what they do. He'll only get better from here and overall he's not nearly as terrible as some around here present. His average this year is slightly above colquitt's career average...So if he's playing at the same level colquitt always has, why not save $3.5m?
    its funny you call him inconstant... there is an article that says he is very consistent.. His average per punt is not at the top but he is darn near the best at consistency in them.

If yuo can get through the whole stats and charts and science its a good read.

Here it is.... (ya MHR, I know)

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/1...ng-riley-dixon
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

What's crazy is I saw a stat by Vic Lombardi today that through the first 8 games our offensive production is actually up .4 ppg and our defense is allowing .3 ppg less than through the same games last year.

We're on pace to repeat and look better doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    its funny you call him inconstant... there is an article that says he is very consistent.. His average per punt is not at the top but he is darn near the best at consistency in them.

If yuo can get through the whole stats and charts and science its a good read.

Here it is.... (ya MHR, I know)

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/1...ng-riley-dixon
    Ok, maybe wrong wording, bottom line that I was getting at though? He's a rookie, he's going to get better, he's way cheaper than the last guy and he's playing at about the same level.

Basically, everyone just needs to cut him a little slack.

Quote Originally Posted by sbutk View Post

Thoughts?

GO BRONCOS!!!
    Unfortunately it's the same situation as last year. It seemed almost every game was closer than it should have been because our offense either turned it over or couldn't score. The one exception was Green Bay. Everything was clicking on both sides of the field and we smashed them. Hopefully we figure something out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Ok, maybe wrong wording, bottom line that I was getting at though? He's a rookie, he's going to get better, he's way cheaper than the last guy and he's playing at about the same level.

Basically, everyone just needs to cut him a little slack.
    Besides just cutting slack, I think people need to learn to have realistic expectations for our punter. There's only a couple guys that are out there averaging 49/50 yards. So our guy averaging just under 47, is fine!

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Besides just cutting slack, I think people need to learn to have realistic expectations for our punter. There's only a couple guys that are out there averaging 49/50 yards. So our guy averaging just under 47, is fine!
    True, the average looks good. The problem, at least as I see it (and one I am rooting for Dixon to overcome) is when we need to flip the field, he kicks a 35 yard punt. Sure, the FAA has to reroute any planes, but only those within 35 yards!! He has issues coming through when we need it.

That said, when we needed it yesterday, boom. Making the KR run back looking over his shoulder was a beautiful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    True, the average looks good. The problem, at least as I see it (and one I am rooting for Dixon to overcome) is when we need to flip the field, he kicks a 35 yard punt. Sure, the FAA has to reroute any planes, but only those within 35 yards!! He has issues coming through when we need it.

That said, when we needed it yesterday, boom. Making the KR run back looking over his shoulder was a beautiful thing.
    You're forgetting Riley's hangtime is also awesome. returners dont have a chance to return the ball and te accuracy of his punts are a thing of beauty. How many times did BC just boom a punt into the endzone when he onl yneeded to punt it 38 yards? morever, when we needed a 60 yarder he'd barely hit 40, it was frustrating. Dixon is Very consitant.

Quote Originally Posted by Njbroncofan1 View Post
    There was one play he was chasing Rivers out of bounds and he was straight up flying. looked like he was 22. if we had any kind of room for winning the division or conference i would rest him but doesnt look like we will have that luxury
    The defense was far superior with Ware on the field. it's like Talib's absence didnt matter because of the extra pressure and less time to throw. Amazing. Now i bet his back is extra fresh. just in time for SD rematch and a must win against oakland. I think we match up well considering they like to air it out to the WRs.

Manovich and Booker

Guys - is there any status update regsrding their health? We will absolutely need them when we go to oakland. That game makes me very nervous especially with the mack truck nightmare. PS - pats trading away collins is awesome. they already lost jones and now collins.. they are very thin at LB and have serious holes in their defense.