Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pats Trade Collins To The Browns

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...wns-draft-pick

I have to say, this is a head scratcher?
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Absolutely shocking. Listening to Boston sports radio and they are not happy. Do not get this one bit. Wow.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Belichick is known for not giving out huge deals to players, but Collins was a monster. They certainly have other good players on that defense, but I guess he figures the Brady-Gronk connection is all but unstoppable at this point, and defense won't matter.

I feel awful for Collins himself, going from a 7-1 powerhouse to the 0-8 Browns.

Was just going to post this, HOLY COW that is crazy, Collins must have done something not kosher with Bill. This is huge for us come December.

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

I love this, makes that much easier to beat

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

how pissed do think collins is?? Went from 6-1 and in the mix for another superbowl to 0-7 and no chance....that would be awful

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

strange trade no?

didn't see that coming

Well this is certainly puzzling

Jamie Collins is a free agent after this season and will likely command much more money than the Pats want to shell out for him. So assuming they would have lost Collins after the season, getting a 3rd rounder for him is great. The Pats just made a huge hole in their Defense though for the rest of the season.

Considering that just about every move the Pats do these days turns to gold, no reason to think this move wont.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

One article commented that he wasn't playing well and was "doing whatever he wanted" on the field.

I guess he upset the Hoodie....and was banned to Cleveland...

Not surprised by the Pats trading Colllins. Not been playing well at all they need to get the defense fixed. This will get their attention
    9:34 AM - 31 Oct 2016
    Collins on the second play of the game does whatever he wants and Bills gain 28 yards. Been happening all year. It was not going to continue
    Last edited by EddieMac; 10-31-2016 at 10:45 AM.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    how pissed do think collins is?? Went from 6-1 and in the mix for another superbowl to 0-7 and no chance....that would be awful

Apparently not too pissed...

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

From what I can tell, this Jamie Collins trade is something both sides — #Patriots and Collins — are pleased with. It was time to move on.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    0-8*

Holy cow, this is a dumb move. Even as good as the Pats have been drafting and developing players, I don't know how they could trade a proven monster that can help NOW. Brady might be playing out of his mind right now, but I can't help but think that Father Time is right around the corner. After all, he is one of the two oldest QBs in the league.

OMG, you should listen to the Boston sports show, they are pissed....

And then the narrative that Schefter said, "how many guys who they've let go went on to be great elsewhere?"

They said Schefter got it wrong. First, Talib has been the best corner in the league this year. But it's not what those players do on other teams, it's whether they can help you on your team. And Collins helps you.

Wow crazy.

The Patriots are not very good IMO when it comes to drafting and handling their impending FA's, certainly behind a number of teams in this regard.

When you have Tom Brady it covers up a lot of cracks.

I have to say, Bill Bellyache lives in his own world.......and sadly, it usually works out for him. This is a shocker to most, but he did it for a reason. It might be contract, it might be personal, it might be a lack of effort.....but whatever, the one thing I like about BB is that he makes things happen, and unfortunately he wins more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I have to say, Bill Bellyache lives in his own world.......and sadly, it usually works out for him. This is a shocker to most, but he did it for a reason. It might be contract, it might be personal, it might be a lack of effort.....but whatever, the one thing I like about BB is that he makes things happen, and unfortunately he wins more often than not.
    It works for him because he has TB12 to cover up all the cracks. Personally I don't think they give Brady enough help, last year they rolled through the season with a poor OL and made no attempt to fix it.

It feels as though NE think 'well we have Brady so that will probably be enough to win it all', outside of the year they went and got Moss for him I don't think they help him as much as they should. The D doesn't look very good again, Blount is serviceable, but unless Brady keeps playing at the highest level in the season and playoffs someone will beat them again come January.