Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    It works for him because he has TB12 to cover up all the cracks. Personally I don't think they give Brady enough help, last year they rolled through the season with a poor OL and made no attempt to fix it.

It feels as though NE think 'well we have Brady so that will probably be enough to win it all', outside of the year they went and got Moss for him I don't think they help him as much as they should. The D doesn't look very good again, Blount is serviceable, but unless Brady keeps playing at the highest level in the season and playoffs someone will beat them again come January.
    Brady has no help? Are you kidding me? Gronk, M. Bennett, Edelman, Amendola, James White, Blount, Dion Lewis coming back. If I hear Brady has no weapons again, I'm gonna barf.

BTW, Boston has been saying all year they have the best roster all around. Please. Don't make me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Brady has no help? Are you kidding me? Gronk, M. Bennett, Edelman, Amendola, James White, Blount, Dion Lewis coming back. If I hear Brady has no weapons again, I'm gonna barf.

BTW, Boston has been saying all year they have the best roster all around. Please. Don't make me laugh.
    They can say it a thousand times, still a load of rubbish.

Their D is just not very good, performance or talent wise.

Blount is a tough running back but wouldn't start on most teams.

They STILL (and have since Moss) lack an outside receiver (we have 2).

Gronk and Edelman are very good down the seam/in the middle receivers but they lack playmakers and it all comes back to the performance of Brady and his accuracy that makes this very limited offense work so well.

Man, Denver would have had to give up 2 1sts for Collins.

That is the Patriot way... they don't play top money to any of their players outside of Brady. They'd rather cycle veterans in and out, draft well and keep players on rookie contracts, etc. It's smarty... really smart. Collins is going to get a lot of money.

It works for him because he has TB12 to cover up all the cracks. Personally I don't think they give Brady enough help, last year they rolled through the season with a poor OL and made no attempt to fix it.

It feels as though NE think 'well we have Brady so that will probably be enough to win it all', outside of the year they went and got Moss for him I don't think they help him as much as they should. The D doesn't look very good again, Blount is serviceable, but unless Brady keeps playing at the highest level in the season and playoffs someone will beat them again come January.
    The Bills smashed him pretty good a couple of times yesterday, chances are he hits the deck a few more times before we get a hold of him.

We will also need to smack those receivers and TE's hard and often when they get targeted. The playoffs need to go through Denver, we all know what this does to the Pats mentally. December will be a hard fought game by both these teams. I just hope we're healthy.
    [

Gronk and Edelman are very good down the seam/in the middle receivers but they lack playmakers and it all comes back to the performance of Brady and his accuracy that makes this very limited offense work so well.
    Sorry for my strong emotional post. Just get tired of hearing how poor Brady has no help. I think their team is stacked.

Sure their defense isn't very good and the Boston sports media is trying to figure out how this made them better on that side of the ball.

But offensively with Gronk and Martellus Bennett they are almost unstoppable at this point. They don't really need WRs like DT and Sanders when you have Gronk and Bennett to stretch the field. James White is killing it out there and with Dion Lewis coming back...along with Edelman and Amendola in the slot, who are you gonna cover?

I do not share your view that Brady has no weapons this year. That's all they talk about how stacked they are offensively. And it shows in their games. Pick your poison.

Sorry for my strong emotional post. Just get tired of hearing how poor Brady has no help. I think their team is stacked.

Sure their defense isn't very good and the Boston sports media is trying to figure out how this made them better on that side of the ball.

But offensively with Gronk and Martellus Bennett they are almost unstoppable at this point. They don't really need WRs like DT and Sanders when you have Gronk and Bennett to stretch the field. James White is killing it out there and with Dion Lewis coming back...along with Edelman and Amendola in the slot, who are you gonna cover?

I do not share your view that Brady has no weapons this year. That's all they talk about how stacked they are offensively. And it shows in their games. Pick your poison.
    I didn't say they have no weapons, I said they don't give him as much help as they should. Every QB needs an outside receiver threat.

NE get away with having inside receivers who can work zones because of Bradys accuracy and how he reads the game. Other QBs need some speed on offense and outside receiving threats.

When NE grabbed Moss for a season Brady lit up the scoreboards and they were pretty much unstoppable, when was the last time they gave him a weapon like that ?

I didn't say they have no weapons, I said they don't give him as much help as they should. Every QB needs an outside receiver threat.

NE get away with having inside receivers who can work zones because of Bradys accuracy and how he reads the game. Other QBs need some speed on offense and outside receiving threats.

When NE grabbed Moss for a season Brady lit up the scoreboards and they were pretty much unstoppable, when was the last time they gave him a weapon like that ?
    Bronx I agree with everything you've said. If Pats win it will be on the shoulders of Brady. It's been solely on Brady's shoulders for almost a decade and no QB has ever won a SB by himself. Pats D needs all the help it can get... no Collins can definitely come back to haunt them.

Gronk is the hardest player in the NFL to stop. What are you talking about they have no playmakers? He's the only play maker Brady needs. So much attention has to go towards gronk. That's why when you watch the Pat's, they always have these crappy receivers who can get so wide open magically.

Talk about going to bed with a 10 and waking up with a 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Gronk is the hardest player in the NFL to stop. What are you talking about they have no playmakers? He's the only play maker Brady needs. So much attention has to go towards gronk. That's why when you watch the Pat's, they always have these crappy receivers who can get so wide open magically.
    Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola and Chris Hogan are excellent receivers .. and Hogan has turned into an outstanding deep threat for Tom Brady

These are the best weapons that he is ever had.. Moss = Gronk or Moss < Gronk (added extra run blocking), Martellus Bennett > Ben Watson, Martellus Bennett (is getting healthier, and top 5 TE talent wise.. better than Watson, and more complete then Hernandez) .. and two more athletic and runners after the catch than Wes Welker in Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola.. along with 2 premiere pass catching running backs in James White and Dion Lewis who looks to be probably the best satellite back in the league.. toppled with Blount who is way better than Maroney and the best RB since Corey Dillon. Best weapons Tom has ever had and yes I'm a pats fan but you guys have a great defense ... will be an epic match up.

Quote Originally Posted by Field View Post
    Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola and Chris Hogan are excellent receivers .. and Hogan has turned into an outstanding deep threat for Tom Brady
    lol Edelman is good. But the other two are average at best. Excellent? Now that interesting... however, I was speaking in general terms throughout the past 15 years.