Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    We've not had a threatening returner since Trindon Holiday. He was exciting to watch but always seemed to have issues holding onto the ball. Was it in Cincinnati where he released the ball before he crossed the goal line but the refs missed it?

Norwood = runny mashed potatoes with no gravy, no salt, no butter, no nothing. Just beyond bland. When we had Holiday, the occasional mistakes were worth it in having a returner who just might return for a TD (and did). He was exciting to watch. Every time we get the ball back now, the ONLY "excitement" that I feel is the fear of a fumble. Most definitely NOT the kind of excitement that I like. Seriously... why isn't Norwood working at a cell phone store already?

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Label View Post
    Norwood = runny mashed potatoes with no gravy, no salt, no butter, no nothing. Just beyond bland. When we had Holiday, the occasional mistakes were worth it in having a returner who just might return for a TD (and did). He was exciting to watch. Every time we get the ball back now, the ONLY "excitement" that I feel is the fear of a fumble. Most definitely NOT the kind of excitement that I like. Seriously... why isn't Norwood working at a cell phone store already?
    I'll take the guy who actually catches the ball and doesnt muff it like holiday and welker used to do.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    I'll take the guy who actually catches the ball and doesnt muff it like holiday and welker used to do.
    At the same time, he calls a fair catch inside the 5 yard line. I'd rather put Doss or Folwer, maybe even Taylor back there.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Except Norwood HAS muffed it. He's been fairly consistent on having ZERO return game. NO doubt our opponents always plan on having great field position for their defense because our special team's return game is so completely LAME. I'll agree Welker was no better when it came to that. But at least with Holiday, our opponents HAD to factor in that there was the possibility of a real, honest return there. There seems to be zero chance of decent field position with Norwood any more.

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    Nothing personal against him, probably a good dude.

But, he's not a good returner, he is not a top end athlete. And he's not a good WR

Why is he on our team?

We need an upgrade for our slot WR and returner. Wish we had Tyreke Hill or Marquise Goodwin

Just someone with some blazing speed for those positions

Norwood just doesn't seem to have enough speed to be a returner.

During the Super Bowl on the return that should've ended in a TD , I thought either he was too slow or that he had just run out of gas but watching him this season he just looks slow all around.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Label View Post

Sounds like you're still talking about Holiday cause he developed fumble-itis after his early success.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Sounds like you're still talking about Holiday cause he developed fumble-itis after his early success.
    He did. But at least there was some excitement early-on. Any more with Norwood returning, I automatically just assume that our offense be starting inside our 10 (if not our defense starting inside our 90!). It's just so predictable, boring and lame. If we still have him next year I'll slip into a coma.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Jeez, that's like Gronk's speed lol. We have a tiny Gronk returning kicks....

LOL, but was that a wet or dry time? Laden or unladen?

He had a really poor outing against the Chargers on Sunday, which was only magnified by his mistakes.

The drop that led to an INT being returned for a TD, combined with the fumble on the punt return that was luckily recovered, probably would have had people screaming for him to be cut had the Chargers jumped on it first.

His kick returns that are better off being downed for a TB have hurt starting FP quite a bit so far this season. It doesn't make sense, especially with the ball coming out to the 25 now under the new rules. However, his hesitance to fair catch a punt is hurting starting FP to a larger extent, since the ball always seems to roll and get downed inside the 5 yard line. It also doesn't help his case that he's the guy catching most of Siemian's short of the sticks passes on 3rd down.
    Last edited by Bootleg; 11-01-2016 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    If I remember correctly, Trindon Holiday was released due to running the ball out of the endzone when he was told to take a knee. Wouldn't that be less an offense than recent fumblitias? I know it is a different regime but it should still count for something.
    Nah he was always risky as hell. Sucked because he had unbelievable speed. But he started being nervous back there. Mishandling, nervous decision making, fumbled a lot.

But I'd take him over Norwood no doubt

Don't get why all teams don't make sure they have one super athlete who can return kicks well...we need one

Yeah he's slow

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    At the same time, he calls a fair catch inside the 5 yard line. I'd rather put Doss or Folwer, maybe even Taylor back there.
    All those guys suck too...

We need a real returner