Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    To be fair, 40 time is not often a good predictor of on field speed. 3-cone and shuttle are much more indicative of the type of speed a returner would have in a game.
    I mean, if there was a clear hole straight down the middle of the field for the entire return then yeah, 40 time would make sense.

Seeing as Norwood rarely gets past many guys, I would assume the problem lies in either his vision as a returner or the blocking of the unit.
    2017 Adopt-A-Bronco is Von Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Hesky View Post
    He had a really poor outing against the Chargers on Sunday, which was only magnified by his mistakes.

The drop that led to an INT being returned for a TD, combined with the fumble on the punt return that was luckily recovered, probably would have had people screaming for him to be cut had the Chargers jumped on it first.

His kick returns that are better off being downed for a TB have hurt starting FP quite a bit so far this season. It doesn't make sense, especially with the ball coming out to the 25 now under the new rules. However, his hesitance to fair catch a punt is hurting starting FP to a larger extent, since the ball always seems to roll and get downed inside the 5 yard line. It also doesn't help his case that he's the guy catching most of Siemian's short of the sticks passes on 3rd down.
    Wlwys been trying to find a guy who can do returns in udfa and its not working first isiah burse now khalif raymond. I think this failure should end up with elway not addressing it well which made me think theres this guy with denver ties who is pretty good in the return game maybe he go all out with a decently high Christian McCaffery pick. Put him back there to do it and then compliment booker and anderson as a pass catcher we could move to slot if needed

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    All those guys suck too...

We need a real returner
    Elway's not about to waste a spot on a player that solely returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    LOL, but was that a wet or dry time? Laden or unladen?
    Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni!

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Elway's not about to waste a spot on a player that solely returns.

But he wasted a spot on a guy that cant return, catch, or do much else!

I guess a tweener like that is hard to find
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

that akward moment when von miller is faster than our returner... regardless, with our defense we have to limit turnovers and holiday was a turnover machine.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post

It's hard to find a guy that is consistently mediocre.

Omar Bolden is still out there

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Omar Bolden is still out there
    As is CJ Spiller - Potentially not only bolstering the return game, but the running game.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post

That's why I was suggesting Taylor, Doss or Fowler. Wasn't Doss' 40 in the 4.3s? And Taylor is not the fastest, but he's a slippery guy. I mean they're not seeing the field for one reason or another, so might as well have them contribute another way.

Do we have anyone on this team who is blessed with lightning speed like Holiday? What about putting Booker back for punts?

Quote Originally Posted by liam_b26 View Post
    Do we have anyone on this team who is blessed with lightning speed like Holiday? What about putting Booker back for punts?
    No x10^10. Booker goes down then we're relegated to Bibbs and Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    No x10^10. Booker goes down then we're relegated to Bibbs and Thompson
    Even if we had Adrian Peterson our run game would still suck. This line can't create running lanes. Put Booker back for punts and give him space to create something.

Unfortunately I don't think there's much we can do from a special teams point of view. It would be too risky to allow a skill player like Sanders or Booker return punts.

As for receiving, maybe something that should be considered is allowing Jordan Taylor to be an outside receiver more and putting Sanders into the slot to replace Norwood. He has the speed and elusiveness to cause match-up issues against linebackers, and Taylor is 6'5 so he should be able to go for any jump ball Siemian throws.

Quote Originally Posted by Hesky View Post
    As is CJ Spiller - Potentially not only bolstering the return game, but the running game.
    If I recall Spiller got signed already. I think our best bet is to try sunshine back there, if he falls, try someone else.

Push comes to shove, trade a late pick for a returner. Not really wasting a roster spot either. Special teams is important, you'd think our fan base would know that by know considering how terrible out special teams use to be. As bad as our return game is, its nothing compared to when Mitch was on the team.