Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Let's see more 3 WR sets - with Taylor

What am I missing here guys?

Jordan Taylor seems like he is our #3 wide out. He's got great hands, plays intense, is big fast and physical... He brings it, he's got energy.

I think lining up Taylor with DT and ES would create some real match up problems. I just got the feeling that he's the sort of young player who turns heads when he gets his shot. I'd like to see coach get him some more balls.

What do y'all think?

Last edited by Zealander; 10-31-2016 at 07:53 PM.

You know, I am surprised they don't use him more in the slot.
    I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    What am I missing here guys?

Jordan Taylor seems like he is our #3 wide out. He's got great hands, plays intense, is big fast and physical... He brings it, he's got energy.

I think lining up Taylor with DT and ES would create some real match up problems. I just got the feeling that he's the sort of young player who turns heads when he gets his shot. I'd like to see coach get him some more balls.

What do y'all think?

Been saying th same thing nearly all season and pre season. I like Taylor over Fowler and Norwood.

I'm really high on Taylor as well. His 35 yard reception shows he has the speed to beat his coverage. He's had a full season already so he is less likely to make rookie mistakes. I think having him line up for 3rd receiver is great...but unless the O line learns to protect longer than 3 seconds he'll be targeted even less than Sanders and DT.

How about Thomas and Taylor on the outside with Sanders in the slot? Sanders is shifty as hell and I think that would screw with the opposing Defense. Regardless, I am for having guys that can threaten the D in every formation. So I want to see three WR's that compliment each other. I want to see two TE's that can run block/pass pro/go out on a route. I want to see at least one FB (preferably two) who is versatile and effective at multiple tasks. I want to see a RB (preferably two) that can take advantage of the blocking/pass pro/go out on a route. We seem to have some of that some of the time. Our O-Line hasn't been great so that does hamper everything. But I am definitely far beyond giving a crap who fills what role as lone as that role gets filled.

I like Taylor, too. I drafted him as an UDFA in the GM game
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Sunshine looked great on his first reception of the game. And then I never saw him on the field for the rest of the game. Did he get injured or was Kubiak upset with him for outplaying his love child (Norwood)?

I don't know either. It seems like we keep calling plays that don't work, especially in the RZ. Or we keep using players (Norwood) who contribute very little.

So we throw to Virgil to get down the field but not in the RZ. Same for Sunshine. It seems like when we get in the RZ, all creativity leaves the building. I'm very frustrated that our defense can get us the ball to the 10 but we can't score. SMH.

I could never understand what coaches saw in Norwood myself. I know he did ok last year...maybe something is going on in practice...who knows.

I am all for giving Taylor more snaps myself. I do not see much more in him but imo Norwood has already shown what he can do while Taylor still is unknown.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Anything but Norwood plz

sunshine also runs backswards and fumbles.. he worries me but can be pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    sunshine also runs backswards and fumbles.. he worries me but can be pretty darn good.
    Rather exaggerated comment there. Don't think you were saying that on his 35 yard scamper.

I like Taylor and Fowler and wish they'd both be used more than they are.

I think they both have big play potential if they'd just be given more playing time.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    I like Taylor and Fowler and wish they'd both be used more than they are.

I think they both have big play potential if they'd just be given more playing time.
    Me too, but I think we run a lot of two receiver sets because our line needs an extra body to help protect Siemian.

Isn't the slot receiver the one that has the potential to get hammered when crossing the over the middle? Especially with (essentially) a rookie QB. A tall slender guy may shorten his football life unlike someone like Gronk who is sturdy. I think I'd rather get our new TE, Derby, in that position crossing the middle after he makes his chip block and save Taylor for a WR position when DT or ES get hurt or get traded.
    BCMB Div 1 - Rollin' with Mahomies