Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I think it would be effective personally. Sanders could be deadly in the slot with his route running ability and speed. Having to big tall quick recievers on the outside could give us some more options downfield with Sanders on a shorter route.
    That's what I was thinking. Maybe it would help dictate to the Defense. You'd think they'd have to go Nickel/Dime, and you can still have a TE on the LOS and a RB in the backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Maybe it would help dictate to the Defense. You'd think they'd have to go Nickel/Dime, and you can still have a TE on the LOS and a RB in the backfield.
    Siemian would have to consistently gash a couple teams in a row before they started forcing teams into a 4th cornerback.

Hooray, beer!

I don't understand the love fest for Jordan Taylor? Maybe it's just me but athletically, both Bennie Fowler and Cody Latimer are superior in terms of speed and especially run blocking. Despite his limited playing time I've noted more than once at Cody Latimer being a pretty devastating run blocker for a WR. Fowler has the surest hands of all three and seems pretty fearless over the middle.

I see in other threads that Norwood is getting some heat but truth be told, I think Kubiak likes him out there because he's smart. He strikes me as a player with very good football knowledge and field sense, and he's frequently where he needs to be when Trevor is in a panic with the ball from pressure or what not.

Kubiak this year has had great formation diversity, like he's truly running the offense he wants. I've actually seen that of all 32 teams, only Green Bay and Denver have used a true 5WR formation this season, so it stands to reason that all 6 of the WRs might see/earn some playing time.

The Broncos overall have a really good WR core.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I guess i am the one who feels opposite to this i wanna see more base with 2 wr 1 te 1 fb and 1 hb. I also want us to commit to the run more and more early then we have id be down with 1 wr 2 te and 1 fb. I want more of janovich and i want more usage of a full back.
    I'm not saying I want the 3WR set used more often. I'm saying try something different when we use it.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Siemian would have to consistently gash a couple teams in a row before they started forcing teams into a 4th cornerback.

I think if Sanders can beat one-on-one to the inside in the slot things could get very tricky for the D. But I agree that Siemian would have to make it work as well. I think you would actually see changes like that over the course of one game (nickel/dime) if he made it work.

I'm not saying I want the 3WR set used more often. I'm saying try something different when we use it.
    This I agree with. Right now it seems we are predictable when we have certail personell in place. SOMETIMES that is ok...aka SD. SAnders ran nearly identical deeps routes and beat him man both times. For example of we the Taylor out there who has size and height what would the other teams D do? THE Sam DB who is fast may not be tall enough to stop a decent gain from a few tosses to Taylor on the outside. SIMILARLY if DT is getting burned by his CB then perhaps mit in two more pysical WRS instead and soften the coverages....or even add in a TE in DTS place.

These are the types of things we often see the Pats do and other teams who win a lot.

We even went to 4 and 5 receiver looks and still couldn't get the safeties out of the box.

Hooray, beer!

We could have six receivers on the field, won't matter until more balls are being caught.

But I'll own up to it, that of all the receivers, DT was the only one that looked like a man out there last night.

What do you think of Thomas and Taylor on the outside with Sanders in the slot?
    Sorry haven't been on the form much lately.

I am I I really believe that the they should have the combination that would work very well so

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    We even went to 4 and 5 receiver looks and still couldn't get the safeties out of the box.
    No reason to move safeties out if the QB can't beat them. Until Siemian starts making defenses pay (and the receivers hold on to the ball) on the intermediate routes, there's no reason for defenses to change. The o-line is not very good, but there are times where people blame it when Siemian has time and instead checks down. It's not all on the o-line, it's not all on Siemian, it's not all on the receivers, and it's not all on the playcalling.

But until these things start to mesh: The play call is for an intermediate route no matter what, the o-line gives them time, Siemian trusts what he sees and realizes that an open receiver in the NFL often looks covered, and the receivers hold on to the ball. Things won't improve in the passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    No reason to move safeties out if the QB can't beat them. Until Siemian starts making defenses pay (and the receivers hold on to the ball) on the intermediate routes, there's no reason for defenses to change. The o-line is not very good, but there are times where people blame it when Siemian has time and instead checks down. It's not all on the o-line, it's not all on Siemian, it's not all on the receivers, and it's not all on the playcalling.

But until these things start to mesh: The play call is for an intermediate route no matter what, the o-line gives them time, Siemian trusts what he sees and realizes that an open receiver in the NFL often looks covered, and the receivers hold on to the ball. Things won't improve in the passing game.
    Its like winning the lottery playing this offense right now.

Just sit back in cover 2, rush 4 (and get pressure with 4) and watch for the screw up.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post

I generally agree with this. TREVOR has shown that he is not elusive enough to extend plays. He has also lost what he seemingly had at the beginning of the season...pressure awareness.

Until this happens with our poor oline we will end up with huge stacked boxes..as I have said much like teams played us when Manning was here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I generally agree with this. TREVOR has shown that he is not elusive enough to extend plays. He has also lost what he seemingly had at the beginning of the season...pressure awareness.

Until this happens with our poor oline we will end up with huge stacked boxes..as I have said much like teams played us when Manning was here.
    That's what I'm noticing as well... I'm not really sure why he's lost that. I was highly praising him at the beginning of the season for his impressive ability to sense and avoid pressure....Now he's getting blindsided left and right and not even seeing it. It's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    That's what I'm noticing as well... I'm not really sure why he's lost that. I was highly praising him at the beginning of the season for his impressive ability to sense and avoid pressure....Now he's getting blindsided left and right and not even seeing it. It's weird.
    Pressure is cumulative. I think it all started when he got his first big injury. He's spooked.

Hooray, beer!

I am glad coach was reading the forums and took our advice-