Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The lack of separation is glaring...It amazes me how little people are talking about it...DB's are sticking to our WR's like glue because we are running the most uncreative routes I've ever seen.
    I agree, no one is talking about it.

First, and most obvious, is that we have no real talent after DT and ES. Having great slot WRs like Stokley or Welker did wonders for us. Our TEs are mediocre at best.

But a lot of which has to do with playcalling creativity. We're not seeing rhythm or tempo either, just a lot of isolated plays with little coherence. It's not like Siemian is playing stellar, but he has shown that he can make all the necessary throws. Reading D's and such improves with time. But right now there is no effort to help him, either by running, or designing passes that get 6 yards on first down (not third down). When we do get first downs on 2nd or 3rd down, it's usually because we had a good first down play.

Another thing not being talked about: when we do throw short, I feel like we must be the worst team in the league at YAC. How many times in other games do you see a guy catch a 3yd pass in the flat and run up the sideline for 10 more? It's routine in every game I see. NE moves the ball all the time like this-- 5 yard catch and a small, squirmy Edelman type slices two defenders for the next 5 yards. That isn't happening for us and we're not breaking tackles. Even when DT or ES have to jump over a defender on those "big plays" it's not like we see them with a lot of separation (sometimes the jump ball or back shoulder is the design, but it's rare to see guys open down the field). We need to find ways to get guys in space. Sometimes good things happen, like on the pitch play or screen to Bibbs.

Trevor *does* throw intermediate passes when they are there, and he has thrown some lasers. Besides, this has been one of the first games where pass protection wasn't a big issue. But usually a 4 (or even 3 man) rush gets pressure, the pocket collapses from the inside so he cannot step up, and has to make a long throw against 7-8 guys. It's too hard for anyone.
    Last edited by cmc0605; 11-06-2016 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605 View Post
    Another thing not being talked about: when we do throw short, I feel like we must be the worst team in the league at YAC. How many times in other games do you see a guy catch a 3yd pass in the flat and run up the sideline for 10 more? It's routine in every game I see. NE moves the ball all the time like this-- 5 yard catch and a small, squirmy Edelman type slices two defenders for the next 5 yards. That isn't happening for us and we're not breaking tackles. Even when DT or ES have to jump over a defender on those "big plays" it's not like we see them with a lot of separation (sometimes the jump ball or back shoulder is the design, but it's rare to see guys open down the field). We need to find ways to get guys in space. Sometimes good things happen, like on the pitch play or screen to Bibbs.
    It's because teams know that we are going to throw short. We don't throw deep, we don't run the ball. So all they have to do is stick it in cover two, cover ES and DT and then we'll dump off short somewhere where their defenders can light the guy up before he can do anything.

The little toss play around the left got us a decent chunk of yards the one time we ran it. I am disappointed in the lack of the sweeps, the bootlegs and heck, even the occasional QB keep. If Paxton really is the future, we need to keep him on the bench until we have a serviceable O-line.

Quote Originally Posted by shygirl View Post
    The little toss play around the left got us a decent chunk of yards the one time we ran it. I am disappointed in the lack of the sweeps, the bootlegs and heck, even the occasional QB keep. If Paxton really is the future, we need to keep him on the bench until we have a serviceable O-line.
    Holy schmoly! Someone using logic!

Joique Bells available. This team needs to run the rock

Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605 View Post
    yea. And it's not like our WRs are getting open either. Again this is partly because of the creativity in the passing game coaching. For all the people wondering why he checks down on 3rd and 10....it's not like there's anything better open. When there is, he often hits it. Consistency will improve in time, but there's a reason for going underneath.

And,the lack of creativity is due to the head coach being the playcaller
    I support Kaepernick 100%

Trevor is a placeholder until Lynch gets up to speed.

But how many of you are willing to go in to next season with YET ANOTHER first year starting QB and the growing pains that go along with it?

Quote Originally Posted by seanlust View Post
    Trevor is a placeholder until Lynch gets up to speed.

But how many of you are willing to go in to next season with YET ANOTHER first year starting QB and the growing pains that go along with it?
    It's part of being a fan. You gotta enjoy the highs this team has had for 5 years. You eventually need to rebuild at qb and start the process over.

I'm all in. Are you?

Siemian has hit his ceiling. He is a solid backup but that's it. I rather get Paxton playing time now and maybe spark the team

Who is the starter next season? It's gonna be Paxton right?

I know the Broncos are right in the mix for the division, but Siemian doesn't scare anybody. ANYBODY. I want Paxton to get these last few games under his belt. If he is even halfway decent, it would be tremendous going forward

Quote Originally Posted by kapzk View Post
    Only someone delusional will say the qb is the least of our worry.
    Well considering the offense cant run the ball and the defense cant stop the run I'd say it's not very delusional at all.

Last season we won with sub par QB play because we ran the ball better and our defense stopped the run.

Im not convinced that we CANT run the ball so much as our coordinator is not committed to running the ball. We came out passing and never looked back.

Play Lynch. Why wait? Is Simian scary? Hell no. Let Lynch learn under fire.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    He'll be even slower reading Defenses and get hammered. Probably injured. Then we'll have Siemian back under Center again anyway.
    Good thing you were'nt at MidWay.

I can't judge much considering I helped lead the "unload DT" riots, however I feel like pinning anger loss on Siemian is unjustified. His fumbles are definitely of concern, but he didn't drop a lot of the balls that weren't caught; he wasn't providing himself any protection, and he wasn't also the reason Oakland ran for 250 yards on our D-line.

I think Trevor played as well as you can realistically expect for a guy given what he had been given. Trevor didn't have all the pass interference calls against him, and imo was subject to a bull crud intentional grounding call.

This was a catastrophic team meltdown across the board, the team sees something in him by anointing him captain. We're not going to pull our offensive captain out at 6-3