Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Teams

Special Teams

What is going on here? Does Joe DeCamillas not see what we see? Why oh why are we not taking a knee? Please. Can we just stop it. I am so sick of us starting each series on our 10 yard line, going 3 and out and giving the other team the ball on their 50. This has been going on series after series, game after game.

I wanted to pull my hair out, punch the walls and throw my TV out the window last night. We don't have a decent KO returner so let's just take a knee. Please. I can't take it anymore. Our opponents are consistently getting short fields. Of course they can score when they only have to go half a field. STOP IT ALREADY.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

And why can't we have a punter like King? How does Oakland always have fantastic punters? We should honestly try and trade for him in offseason. With a 3 and out offense like ours, we need a punter who can flip field position well.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    What is going on here? Does Joe DeCamillas not see what we see? Why oh why are we not taking a knee? Please. Can we just stop it. I am so sick of us starting each series on our 10 yard line, going 3 and out and giving the other team the ball on their 50. This has been going on series after series, game after game.

I wanted to pull my hair out, punch the walls and throw my TV out the window last night. We don't have a decent KO returner so let's just take a knee. Please. I can't take it anymore. Our opponents are consistently getting short fields. Of course they can score when they only have to go half a field. STOP IT ALREADY.
    If you noticed by second half Janikowski was intentionally lobbing his kicks around the goal line or even short of it one time on purpose cuz he even noticed we can't block on kick offs. And he also knew we couldn't resist coming out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    And why can't we have a punter like King? How does Oakland always have fantastic punters? We should honestly try and trade for him in offseason. With a 3 and out offense like ours, we need a punter who can flip field position well.
    Dixon averaged over 2 yards more per punt than King last night and his Long was 8 yards further than Kings long.

Dixon was not the problem. The problem is our special teams always sets us up at our 10-15. The. Dixon is having to punt out of our end zone after a 3 and out

Where as Raiders kept starting at their 40-50. So King was able to pin us down.

It's one thing if the coaches are seeing something that may lead them to believe they are on the brink of breaking one for a big return. But I've watched every single game and nothing leads me to believe that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by seanlust View Post
    It's one thing if the coaches are seeing something that may lead them to believe they are on the brink of breaking one for a big return. But I've watched every single game and nothing leads me to believe that is the case.
    Exactly! I do not know what they are thinking. Can they not see we're starting on the 5-10?

And the penalties. God, I hate penalties on special teams. I think we even had a holding call on a fair catch last night. Speaking of decent KO returners, I know we desperately need help on the O and D lines, but I'd give my right arm for Christian McCaffrey.

Man I tell you what that was frustrating to watch, Bibbs kept bringing it out and getting stuffed on the 15 yard line. A 3 and out later, we are punting and the other team starts around midfield. What the fedge?

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    And the penalties. God, I hate penalties on special teams. I think we even had a holding call on a fair catch last night. Speaking of decent KO returners, I know we desperately need help on the O and D lines, but I'd give my right arm for Christian McCaffrey.
    Me too. He's been hurt this year but he's a difference maker.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Dixon averaged over 2 yards more per punt than King last night and his Long was 8 yards further than Kings long.

Dixon was not the problem. The problem is our special teams always sets us up at our 10-15. The. Dixon is having to punt out of our end zone after a 3 and out

Where as Raiders kept starting at their 40-50. So King was able to pin us down.
    Only reason Dixon had an average higher than Kings is because of where they were kicking from. That's it. King looks like the best punter in the league. Plain and simple. Dixon has had a terrible year punting thus far. He has had a few good ones, but not the majority. And king pinned us at the 2 twice.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Only reason Dixon had an average higher than Kings is because of where they were kicking from. That's it. King looks like the best punter in the league. Plain and simple. Dixon has had a terrible year punting thus far. He has had a few good ones, but not the majority. And king pinned us at the 2 twice.
    Dixon rates in the top 10 in the league in average punt and hang time.

Again he isn't the problem. It's the return team followed by 3 and outs.

One of so many things we can't seem to fix. The insistence on the run game up the middle with no O-line help as well.

Why Elway and company haven't done something up front is frustrating. Watching the holes the Raiders made for the running back was a thing of beauty. Carr stood there as long as he cared to for the most part once they figured out how to neutralize Von. Roby giving up a critical first down looked like amateur hour. All in all a schooling in smashmouth football.
    [

I guarantee you that any team winning the coin toss against the Broncos is going to defer because that know they can just kick it to these fools who will bring it out, get stuffed and then go 3 and out and bam you got a 7-0 lead just like that!

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Dixon rates in the top 10 in the league in average punt and hang time.

Again he isn't the problem. It's the return team followed by 3 and outs.
    I agree with you about the returners. I always find myself face palming after a KO.

But I still think Dixon isn't a good kicker.

He punted a 60 yarder last week from our own end zone against the Chargers. True you are a mile high where things are lighter and flies through air easier, but backed up in your own endzone with not much room to maneuver to get a good kick and then boot it out there 60 yards was a great feat!!
    Captain Kirk