Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Elite defenses put their knees on their opponent's throat. we should have taken a timeout once they got passed midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Senses Fail View Post
    I agree with the call. Punting it is accepting the tie. If he makes it everyone is praising Kubes, misses we obviously know the outcome.
    The message you send is that the overtime rule influenced your decisionand mnothing you can dobut adhere to awful NFL overtime rules

Denver had multiple chances to win it in regulation. Any more time is extra. The rules are well known and they didn't hurt Denver.

I would rather play the aggressive defense that kept us in the game and risk giving up the big play

They watch them play soft and allow them to walk down

I'm justtalking about overtime

It was a great game...

Having a healthy CJ Anderson might have given us the leader we needed to win this one...

I like the coaching by Kubiak. We still control our own destiny if that means we are getting into the playoffs. That's all we need to, to get in and we are dangerous.

The Broncos will decline as long as Kubiak is head coach. Hoping he retires end of season for health reasons. John can give him a front office role. The decision to start Sambrailo and leave him or Stephenson one on one with Houston was unforgivable. If not for Peyton's clout, he would have screwed up the SB season with his desire to run his offense. The team has no discipline on the field. 15 penalties tonight. Led NFL in defensive penalties last season. Still can't believe I saw Sambrailo playing for the Broncos again.

It was puzzling watching them fear a big play against Alice Smith of all people.

Quote Originally Posted by Billfan4life View Post
    The message you send is that the overtime rule influenced your decisionand mnothing you can dobut adhere to awful NFL overtime rules
    $$$ drives the overtime rules. The league would go back to the old style if they could.

I like Kubiak's aggressiveness normally. He went for it on 4th in the 2nd quarter when I wouldn't have and they got 7. But kicking that field goal was a terrible decision. The odds of making it are 10-20% max and if you miss, it's highly likely you will lose.

If you punt, it's likely you will pin KC inside the 20. If you hold them 3 and out on 3 passes, you'll have another shot with the ball. If not, you likely force a tie. This could be huge in a few weeks.

It felt like Fox/JDR was back.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

They had 7 on one side, but didn't get flagged. Hmmmm

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    This is a game that a contender team would have won. As of today I no longer see us as a threat to win the Super Bowl

Not sure what is wrong with the team but imo somethings need to change.
    Super Bowl?! SUPER BOWL?! Don't talk to me about Super Bowl! Are you kidding me? Super Bowl?! I just hope we can win a game.

Not that I'll be watching if we do. Like I said, not watching anymore games as long as that idiot is our head coach. And to put how little regard I have for Kubiak into perspective. I watched every single game that McDaniels coached and never even considered not watching them

And how in the name of Baby Jesus is Norwood still getting offensive snaps as well as being our starting punt returner. My head is going to explode if I try too hard to figure that one out
    Last edited by DrunkPanda; 11-27-2016 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlbroncosfan1 View Post
    The Broncos will decline as long as Kubiak is head coach. Hoping he retires end of season for health reasons. John can give him a front office role. The decision to start Sambrailo and leave him or Stephenson one on one with Houston was unforgivable. If not for Peyton's clout, he would have screwed up the SB season with his desire to run his offense. The team has no discipline on the field. 15 penalties tonight. Led NFL in defensive penalties last season. Still can't believe I saw Sambrailo playing for the Broncos again.

Gary will never get fired, he is a puppet for Elway.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPanda View Post
    That last drive of regulation, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Constant 20 yard cushions with defensive backs sprinting backwards at the snap. What on earth was that? Not only were we doing that, we were blitzing 5 or 6 every down at the same time. I don't know if I'm going crazy or the coaching staff is, but someone explain that to me! We try to stop Captain Checkdown by bringing the house and leaving the checkdown wide open every time? All they had to do was drop 8 in coverage, take away the checkdowns and force Alex Smith to make a great throw into double coverage deep to beat us.

Especially when they had 4th and short and were giving up 15 yard cushions to Captain Checkdown. Did they simply forget what Alex Smith's tendencies were? Or basic football strategy in general? That was simply the dumbest series of defensive play calls I've ever seen in my life. Unsurprisingly, Alex Smith marched right down the field without having to make a single play. We literally handed him 10 yards each snap.

I literally could have converted that second to last 4th down of the drive where Talib was playing 15 yards off coverage. I was eyeing it the whole time before the snap thinking "how on earth is Talib going to be able to get up field in time to prevent the first down completion?". The answer was, he wasn't even going to try. At the snap, he literally started back peddling as if he thought the receiver was going to try to run a fly route on 4th and short. It was unbelievably moronic.

I'm never seen a coaching staff try so hard to lose a game before in my life. I'm seriously wondering if they placed money on the Chiefs for this game. Either way I'm done with Kubiak, that was the final straw.

I can handle losses with patience if the players just aren't good enough, but one thing I can't tolerate is a coach actively costing the team wins. And that is what Kubiak has been doing this season

I'm not even going to go into detail about him trying to trip a ref during Sanders' long completion, as if he was desperately trying to do something to stop the play from counting
    The defense certainly does not get a pass in this game. The stat sheet will show they had a solid game, but they came up short when it really counted. All around team loss overall though. That includes coaching as well.