Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    That is not true dude and if that's the case, then the same thing can be said about Tom Brady for this season.

Why didn't Bill Belicheat trade
    Jimmy Grab-a-pole? Could it be that he's unsure of Tom Brady?
    Um, there is a big difference. Tom is 40 and might not last too long. Lynch and sieman are young.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Um, there is a big difference. Tom is 40 and might not last too long. Lynch and sieman are young.
    Did you eat paint chips as a kid? lmao.

How does the comparison between Tony Romo and Paxton Lynch work, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post

wow it's scarey how you took almost the exact words out of my mouth.

wow it's scarey how you took almost the exact words out of my mouth.
    With a PatsFan4Ever twist.

What does tony romo have to do with anything? Dak took over in dallas because he was by far better of the two. If romo were 25 or 26 he would have been traded this offseason.

What does tony romo have to do with anything? Dak took over in dallas because he was by far better of the two. If romo were 25 or 26 he would have been traded this offseason.
    I could have swore that you just said "jerry kept him around as a favor" where'd that comment go?

Dak took over because he came a lot cheaper and Tony was injury prone.
    But aside from that, why would Jerry keep Dak over Romo when "QBs struggle in their second year due to the league having film on them" at that point?

Didn't we have a conversation on the double standards just yesterday?

What does tony romo have to do with anything? Dak took over in dallas because he was by far better of the two and jerry jones kept romo around as a favor. If romo were 25 or 26 he would have been traded this offseason.
    He was the backup quarterback. Lynch was the backup quarterback. You're going to give yourself an aneurysm. First round draft picks, who were traded up for, do not get traded for "2nd or 3rd" round picks simply because a 7th rounder ahead of them in the depth chart had a good season.

So who you gunna root for two years from now, when Brady is gone and the Patriots suck daddy bags? I don't think AaronRodgers12 is taken yet.

I could have swore that you just said "jerry kept him around as a favor" where'd that comment go?

But aside from that, why would Jerry keep Dak over Romo when "QBs struggle in their second year due to the league having film on them" at that point?

I'm starting to like this character! You can try and argue with him but eventually he puts his foot in his mouth defeating the whole purpose!

He's getting to be a glutton for punishment like that lone changers fan that's been here for the last 3600 years.

He was the backup quarterback. Lynch was the backup quarterback. You're going to give yourself an aneurysm. First round draft picks, who were traded up for, do not get traded for "2nd or 3rd" round picks simply because a 7th rounder ahead of them in the depth chart had a good season.

So who you gunna root for two years from now, when Brady is gone and the Patriots suck daddy bags? I don't think AaronRodgers12 is taken yet.
    There you guys go again - bringing up the patriots in a non-patriot thread. Then I get accused of trolling.

Lynch is 25 years old. Romo is 37 with a history of back problems. Not sure I see the analogy there. Romo got beaten by a rookie of the year candidate, so Jones ain't going to keep him around. And if it weren't for his back issues, Romo probably could have been traded for a draft pick.

As far as Lynch and Siemian, you are essentially making my point. I said IF elway feels siemian was the future in denver, then you trade lynch, even if you moved up in the draft to select him. You don't keep him around to back up siemian for the hell of it while you can get high value for him. HOWEVER, and this was my point, elway does NOT feel that siemian has proven himself to be the future QB in denver and hence there is still a question as to who will be the QB next year. Sammy thinks Siemian is a slam dunk to be the starter - I am telling him to pump his brakes because it's hard to tell how good a QB will be after just one year.

Dak took over because he is miles better than Romo at this point. The injury problems of Romo and age only hurt him even more. And just because a QB is likely to struggle in their second year (not a guarantee), does not mean you give up on him and go to a guy like Romo. Dak is a talent and IS the future in dallas.

If they felt confident that Brady was playing well into his 40s, they would've traded Giarraputo to the Browns.
    I absolutely agree. I don't think Brady is guaranteed to be QB of the pats until he's 45. In fact I think next year might be his last. That's why Bill kept JG around.

There you guys go again - bringing up the patriots in a non-patriot thread. Then I get accused of trolling.

Lynch is 25 years old. Romo is 37 with a history of back problems. Not sure I see the analogy there. Romo got beaten by a rookie of the year candidate, so Jones ain't going to keep him around. And if it weren't for his back issues, Romo probably could have been traded for a draft pick.

As far as Lynch and Siemian, you are essentially making my point. I said IF elway feels siemian was the future in denver, then you trade lynch, even if you moved up in the draft to select him. You don't keep him around to back up siemian for the hell of it while you can get high value for him. HOWEVER, and this was my point, elway does NOT feel that siemian has proven himself to be the future QB in denver and hence there is still a question as to who will be the QB next year. Sammy thinks Siemian is a slam dunk to be the starter - I am telling him to pump his brakes because it's hard to tell how good a QB will be after just one year.
    Ugh where did I say he is a slam dunk? I said he doesn't have the physical traits that Lynch has however he has the brains. Not exactly saying he's a slam dunk.

You said "derrr most second year QBs are figured out because the rest of the league has film on them".

You need to pump the brakes because you nor anyone else saw what Siemian will truly be yet due to the fact that he was injured with no offensive line protection. However that is hardly claiming him to be the savior of the franchise. Yet you did respond with
    Quote Originally Posted by TOMMYBRADY12
    Yes. i realize he was hurt for half of last season. But the fact that there is an open competition between him and lynch tells me that the broncos are not sold on him yet as the starter.
    How could they assume him to be the starter when the guy wasn't fully given a chance to succeed himself?

Your assumptions are ridiculous. "Their not sold on Siemian" sure dude because they saw all he could offer in a broken zone blocking scheme.

Ugh where did I say he is a slam dunk? I said he doesn't have the physical traits that Lynch has however he has the brains. Not exactly saying he's a slam dunk.

You said "derrr most second year QBs are figured out because the rest of the league has film on them".

You need to pump the brakes because you nor anyone else saw what Siemian will truly be yet due to the fact that he was injured with no offensive line protection. However that is hardly claiming him to be the savior of the franchise. Yet you did respond with
    How could they assume him to be the starter when the guy wasn't fully given a chance to succeed himself?

Your assumptions are ridiculous. "Their not sold on Siemian" sure dude because they saw all he could offer in a broken zone blocking scheme.
    Perphaps I misread your enthusiasm about Siemian.

And just to clarify the record, I think many QBs struggle their second year but not all. Russell Wilson, for example, had a strong second year.

And you keep saying that it's their "zone blocking scheme" that broke down or his shoulder inuury that was a big cause for siemian to struggle. Maybe that's the case, but Elway won't know for sure until the offensive line improves, right? Hence, he is not sure about how he'll perform just yet with the right personnel. If he is sure about Siemian, he would have named Siemian the starter. One super bowl winning coach recent said on NFLN that Siemian is a career backup.

Perphaps I misread your enthusiasm about Siemian.

And just to clarify the record, I think many QBs struggle their second year but not all. Russell Wilson, for example, had a strong second year.

And you keep saying that it's their "zone blocking scheme" that broke down or his shoulder inuury that was a big cause for siemian to struggle. Maybe that's the case, but Elway won't know for sure until the offensive line improves, right? Hence, he is not sure about how he'll perform just yet with the right personnel. If he is sure about Siemian, he would have named Siemian the starter. One super bowl winning coach recent said on NFLN that Siemian is a career backup.
    Those same experts always put their foots in their mouths. BTW who was it? Brian Billick? Yeah he holds a lot of credibility

Anyway your changing your tune now by saying and agreeing that Elway don't know how TS will perform because of the offensive line and Siemian's should injury but that wasn't your original statement. You were actually trying to discredit Elway and his quarterback's. We are not stupid, we are not pansy fans, and we knew what you were originally getting at.