Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    We won the SB a year ago. That's what matters. Nobody can take it away. We are one of the winning franchises since 84. Had we lost the SB, this year may sting more. It doesn't.

With respect to the future, it's going to be a dog fight in the division. Chiefs, Raiders are here to stay.

The average age on offense is 25 years old.

The average NFL experience on offense is less than 3 years.

There are only 2 players on offense over 30 years old, and one of those is a short term rental in Justin Forsett.

Something to think about, this is not only amongst the youngest offenses in the NFL, it's historically one of the youngest in Broncos history.

This is a transition year offensively, with a lot of young players growing together. Looking at Atlanta's offense as an example, they went from ranked 21st in points in 2015 to 1st overall in just a year with a similar offense. This offense can make a huge leap next year.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    1) This team gives me a ton of enjoyment and entertainment!
    2) In spite of the changeover to pretty much rookie QBs, we are still thick in the race.
    3) We have one of the best Ds in the league, and in my books, the best Dback unit.
    4) Von Miller is a super stud!
    5) DT and Sanders still have it!
    6) We have young QBs who will keep us strong for 10 or more years.
    7) Our run game shows glimpses, and given time to gel with our Oline, may surprise.
    8) Some of our other young guns (Ray, Simmons) are showing a real nose for The NFL!
    9) Always look forward to making another trip to Denver and surrounding area.
    10) We have John Elway!!
    Love it!
    #swapping

Both our WRs are on pace and WILL have over 1,100 yards on the season. Both are in the top 10 in receiving yards ... Sanders 8th, DT 10th.

We still control our own destiny, once in the playoffs anything can happen.

At 8-5 we would be no worse than 2nd place in almost - except for NFC East - any other division in the league, in fact we would be in first or tied for first in 3 divisions right now.

I think next season looks real good for us ... some little adjustments and we can get another championship - at least a division - next season too.

I forgot to mention ... the Carolina Panthers are 5-8 and are at the bottom of their division!

Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 12-13-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Trevor S - i was a hater and he has really won me over. he continues to get better despite a worthless garbage o line outside of Paradais.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    1) This team gives me a ton of enjoyment and entertainment!
    2) In spite of the changeover to pretty much rookie QBs, we are still thick in the race.
    3) We have one of the best Ds in the league, and in my books, the best Dback unit.
    4) Von Miller is a super stud!
    5) DT and Sanders still have it!
    6) We have young QBs who will keep us strong for 10 or more years.
    7) Our run game shows glimpses, and given time to gel with our Oline, may surprise.
    8) Some of our other young guns (Ray, Simmons) are showing a real nose for The NFL!
    9) Always look forward to making another trip to Denver and surrounding area.
    10) We have John Elway!!
    Great list. I love lists.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    The average age on offense is 25 years old.

The average NFL experience on offense is less than 3 years.

There are only 2 players on offense over 30 years old, and one of those is a short term rental in Justin Forsett.

Something to think about, this is not only amongst the youngest offenses in the NFL, it's historically one of the youngest in Broncos history.

This is a transition year offensively, with a lot of young players growing together. Looking at Atlanta's offense as an example, they went from ranked 21st in points in 2015 to 1st overall in just a year with a similar offense. This offense can make a huge leap next year.
    Good analysis and points. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Ok, I don't usually start threads, but when I do...

We are all bummed out .... as that's the nicest words I can use...about our teams performance this season. Obviously the Superbowl hangover kicked in and all other kinds of things we have discussed to death already.

Now, as the season is likely going to end in a few weeks for us..we have a tough road to haul... lets focus on the positives we have going forward.

1) I have been pretty reluctant to admit this but TS could be a pretty darn good player behind even a decent O-line.
    - He has a decent arm
    - fast release
    - looked good when healthy and scrambling.
    - accurate

2) The DT we paid seems to have shown up late in the season...and who doesn't love seeing him grab those tough catches?

3) our secondary is still good, very very good. and we have two good player sin the making at safety waiting in the wings.

4) People may not like this one...but I see very good things out of Derby gong forward.. we might have our JT replacement, finally.

Anything else? POSITIVES.....
    This is a nice thread. Thanks, Man.

Trevor Siemian is a very good player who has surprised me. I'm looking forward to seeing him play more in the future.

Thomas and Sanders are a great pair of receivers.

I think the 2016 draft will turn out to be pretty good including our new Punter, Riley Dixon.

After years of poor Safety play, Denver finally got two good ones in Ward and Stewart. Now they are backed up by two good rookies, Simmons and Parks who combined on one of the most fantastic ST plays ever.

Denver's Secondary is one of the best.

Denver's Outside Backers have great quality and depth.

Denver has a great placekicker.

The Broncos seem to have a great team spirit.

Great article about Paradis picking up AJ Derby after the unfortunate fumble. AJ Derby was really tough on himself.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/story/1737532-the-broncos-can-t-give-up-on-te-a-j-derby?scrlybrkr

Positive because they care.

I think everyone agree the O-line is a serious issue, so I will not rehash that point. We need smarter play, by everyone. It is hare enough to win in this league. We don't need to beat ourselves with stupid penalties. I liked that Talib stuck up for his team mate but you can not take matters into your own hands. That and other stupid penalties have beaten us more than the other team or our own line. To many times we have allowed the other offense to stay on the field because of penalties. We still have a chance this season if they can clean up those untimely infractions.

I think everyone here has hit in all of the positives, but I will list my favorite things for this team going forward.

1. Raymond. It's real refreshing seeing a young kids come in after a disaster like we had in Norwood and really look good on the few returns he has had. Future looks bright for this kid.

2. Derby. Although he had a fumble and a couple untimely drops since he has been here, he has shown some real promise. I hope he opens up the middle of the field and makes D's respect our passing game a little more. That can only help our run game and offense as a whole.

3. Trevor. The kid was an unknown coming into the season and has really been one of the best things on this team. When he isn't playing we all really miss him. He plays smart and doesn't really turn the ball over.

4. Young guys. We are a young team, and that is great for long term success. Guys like Sunshine, Ray, Wolfe, and Von will be around for a long time and will keep this team great!

5. Elway. I can't say enough about the job this man has done for this organization. He is a top notch GM and business man. He keeps this Tema in the lime light and will do what it takes to keep us great. Hats off to him!!!

Positive, we have the toughest remaining schedule to finish the regular season. If we can find a way to win all 3 that means running the table in the post season should be no problem!

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Quote Originally Posted by broncolassiter View Post
    I think everyone agree the O-line is a serious issue, so I will not rehash that point. We need smarter play, by everyone. It is hare enough to win in this league. We don't need to beat ourselves with stupid penalties. I liked that Talib stuck up for his team mate but you can not take matters into your own hands. That and other stupid penalties have beaten us more than the other team or our own line. To many times we have allowed the other offense to stay on the field because of penalties. We still have a chance this season if they can clean up those untimely infractions.
    This post didn't seem to show that you know the title of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolassiter View Post
    It was hard to tell from the angle of the replay, but it looked like Harry Douglas went for Talib's legs out of bounds, and that was when Aqib went after him. If that is what happened, I regard that as being a positive and Dan Fouts said the same.